You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My next move?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Early stage of deepstack, tend not to play many hands just get in cheap with suited cons, small pairs etc. Here I get a free look and hit two pair, decide to bet pot so not pricing draws in, then get very big reraise. So basically what next ?

Small blind  15.00 15.00 4725.00
Dudeskin8 Big blind  30.00 45.00 5017.50
  Your hole cards

Fold     
Call  30.00 75.00 5317.50
Call  30.00 105.00 5110.00
Call  30.00 135.00 4890.00
Fold     
Dudeskin8 Check     
Flop

Dudeskin8 Bet  135.00 270.00 4882.50
Fold     
Raise  540.00 810.00 4570.00
Fold     
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I'm thinking call and re-assess on turn, but i dont mind losing a few chips earlier on in deepstack just to find out a bit more about the opponent
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: My next move?:
    I'm thinking call and re-assess on turn, but i dont mind losing a few chips earlier on in deepstack just to find out a bit more about the opponent
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    i would call in this spot too for the same reason, i think everyone is wary of your opponent flopping the nuts as his range looks pretty wide.

if your faced with a pot sized bet on the turn (if you dont hit yr house of course), i think folding is your best option.
  • edited August 2010
    I put a thread on here last week which u posted to I had KQ, Flop KQ9, he had J 10 and played simular to this, maybe he had str8, set? myself would fold here it for your torny life but I think sometimes I play tornys to tight.
  • edited August 2010
    I put a thread on here last week which u posted to I had KQ, Flop KQ9, he had J 10 and played simular to this, maybe he had str8, set? myself would fold here it for your torny life but I think sometimes I play tornys to tight.
    Posted by waynecure
    just to add when I say torny life, chances are he will bet the next streets and so on which could devastate your stack by just calling.
  • edited August 2010
    if you get it in your prob flipping 60/40 at best, i would prob fold here just because its early and Im pretty sure I can outplay everyone at the table anyway.
  • edited August 2010
    fold
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Why would you just fold ?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: My next move? : Why would you just fold ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Because its the opposite to what everyone else would do on here, meet LOL RAise :o) think he still has his pokerface on when posting in the forum doing the opposite to everyone
  • edited August 2010

I think this is a fold aswell, your oop, and if you call to see the turn, you willl only want to hit a 7/9 to feel happy.

As this is a deepstack, i hear alot ppl saying call, leaking some chips, but i just dont see the need to get involved this early when your facing a tricky situation oop.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: My next move? : Why would you just fold ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8

bcos we wanted to be in cheap, hit big and get paid. We didn't hit big and someone has poked us in the eye and say hey der I have bigger. If you are going to continue in the hand I suggest you call, i'd prob fold this early in a deepstack with no information on my opponent, I would however make a very angry note insulting his upbringing.
  • edited August 2010
    we beat 78, we lose to 89 88 99 77 JT 65  & flip with combos

he has raised pot on the flop so it is almost inevitable you face a huge turn bet.