You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

football bets 20/8/10

edited August 2010 in The Football Corner
Hi guys.

No real form guide yet and i've found it more profitable to bet live, goals, corners, cards etc but have decide to do a £5 acca which pays £47.
 Npower ChampionshipCardiff v DoncasterMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Cardiff @ 10/11
 Npower ChampionshipQ.P.R. v ScunthorpeMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Q.P.R. @ 4/9
 Npower ChampionshipBurnley v LeicesterMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Burnley @ 21/20
 Npower League 1Southampton v Leyton OrientMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Southampton @ 4/9
 Barclays Premier LeagueArsenal v BlackpoolMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Arsenal @ 1/6
Really fancy cardiff as they have had a good start and bellamy joining on loan will be a massive boost, think its great odds for a home win so have put £33 single bet on.

Another bet i like but have'nt put on yet is arsenal to score 3+, odds are 5/6 and has Holloway has said he's not playing for draws hoping to survive i can see an arsenal team given space scoring a few.

Be lucky

achill

Comments

• edited August 2010
    It is me, honest.
  • edited August 2010
    Is Arsenal worth the risk at 6-1 on!! I Know it will prob be 3-0 ish, but the Blackpool team and about 4 thousand fans will be on such an adrenilin rush in a tangerine filled Merates, be careful it dont ruin the rest of your decent picks!!

A handicap league i am in puts blackpool at +2.5 goals, making it really evens for 3+ arsenal goals, so 5/6 bout best u can get, agree its looks to be an open game, 4-1, 5-2, not even out of question, but gotta fancy Harewood to get on to a chance or two! Arsenal to score 3+, might get on myself, just hope not 3-3 for ur sake!!
  • edited August 2010
    Just thought about mi last post, and decided its gotta be a 0-0 banker after all!! lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: football bets 20/8/10:
    Is Arsenal worth the risk at 6-1 on!! I Know it will prob be 3-0 ish, but the team and about 4 thousand fans will be on such an adrenilin rush in a tangerine filled Merates, be careful it dont ruin the rest of your picks!! A handicap league i am in puts blackpool at +2.5 goals, making it really evens for 3+ arsenal goals, so 5/6 bout best u can get, agree its looks to be an open game, 4-1, 5-2, not even out of question, but gotta fancy Harewood to get on to a chance or two! Arsenal to score 3, might get on myself, just hope not 3-3 for ur sake!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    My exact thoughts as i read your bet, they really arent gonig to make that much difference to you bet to make it worth it are they???Obviously they should win but ive gone for a 1-1 draw on super 6!!
  • edited August 2010
    Stoke 2/1 at home to Tottenham
    Hearts 6/4 away to Hamilton
    E Stirling 5/4 away to Elgin

£5 on 3 doubles and £5 on the treble, potential return over £180.
  • edited August 2010
    Fwiw, these are my picks for tomorrow. 

Main Acca

Cardiff to beat Doncaster (H) @ 10/11
    QPR to beat Scunthorpe (H) @ 4/9
    Southampton to beat Leyton Orient (H) @ 4/9
    Wycombe to beat Oxford (H) @ 21/20

These 4 are paying a tasty 7/1 which ain't too shabby considering it's 4 home wins.

With Bellamy expected to make his debut for Cardiff tomorrow I really can't see past a home win here. Both sides have made a decent start to the season with a win & a draw each but Cardiff have won both their previous league meetings at home.
    QPR have made a fantastic start to the season. The league cup slip up against Port Vale aside, they've won both their opening games scoring 7 & conceding none so far. They come up against a Scunthorpe side who had one of the worst away records in the division last year when they lost 16 of their 23 on the road conceding a massive 52 goals along the way.
    Saints slipped up in their opening game at home to Plymouth where they somehow managed to lose a game they were well in control of. Crucially for the Saints they have Ricky Lambert back after injury to get their season back on track. Orient have lost both their league games so far & it looks as though they'll be waiting for their 4th attempt before getting any points.
    Wycombe are favourites to win this division & they've made a decent start with one win & a draw from their 1st 2 games. Oxford have yet to win a game on their return to the football league & although they'll be thinking they can get a point from their near neighbours I just feel that Wycombe will be too strong for them at home.

Long Shot Acca

Sunderland to beat West Brom (A) @ 15/8
    Arsenal (-1) to beat Blackpool (H) @ 8/15
    Chelsea (-1) to beat Wigan (A) @ 8/13
    Reading/Forest - DRAW @ 12/5
    Huddersfield to beat Peterborough (A) @ 7/4
    Luton to beat Fleetwood (A) @ 11/10

These 6 are paying a massive 139/1 so definitely worth risking a quid. It does exactly what it says on the tin & there are a few really close calls in there, but for the prices it's definitely worth a small dabble.

Saturday Prem games one for fun Acca

Arsenal/Blackpool - Over 1.5 goals in 1st half @ 11/10
    Birmingham/Blackburn - Over 2.5 goals (90 mins) @ 5/4
    Everton/Wolves - Under 2.5 goals (90 mins) @ 8/11
    Stoke/Tottenham - Over 2.5 goals (90 mins) @ 6/5
    West Brom/Sunderland - Sunderland to score 2+ goals @ 2/1
    West Ham/Bolton - Over 2.5 goals (90 mins) @ evens
    Wigan/Chelsea - Over 2.5 goals (90 mins) @ 4/6

This little lot pays 179/1. If nothing else it'll add a little more spice for a few hours waiting to see which ones I've got wrong but for 50p it's all good fun.

Happy betting peeps

Jay
  • edited August 2010
    Cardiff at 10/11 is like finding money in the street..1 of the best bets of the weekend
  • edited August 2010
    Cardiff at 10/11 is like finding money in the street..1 of the best bets of the weekend
    Posted by moonooo
    This price will deffo shorten up before kick-off will be no bigger than 4/7 (imo). Arsenal at -2 on the H`cap looks like a belting bet @11/8 too, they looked comfy at Anfield last week and would be surprised if they dont score a few. The "Score a Brace" and "Hat-Trick" markets could be worth a peek as well.
  • edited August 2010
    Just had a few bets for tomorrow, including a 40,734/1 shot, yeah ive had to many beers lol, will post them in the morning cnat be botherd right now
  • edited August 2010
    here we ago again good luck all with bets

correct score

10# 20 tr.
    5# 20 4f
    1# 2 accum

burnely v liecster
    preston v portsmouth
    reading v forest
    peterbourgh v huddersfield
    tranmere v bournemouth

all to draw 1-1

10e accum.

everton
    spurs
    cardiff
    qpr
    charlton
    southhampton
    rotherham
    wycombe      all to win
  • edited August 2010
    I've had 5 homes today:

Cardiff v Doncaster
    QPR v Scunthorpe
    Sheff Wed v Brighton
    Rotherham v Cheltenham
    Shrewsbury v Aldershot

Pays around 19/1 I've only had £3.40 on it.

I have also had another bet today which is much bigger than I would normally have as I am really no good at sports betting. This just appealed to me though and I would be interested to know what others think. I know that Arsenal v Blackpool has been discussed above.

The bet is +2.5 goals in both of:

Arsenal v Blackpool
    Wigan v Chelsea

Double pays 13/10 on SkyBet and looked nailed on to me so I have had £100 on it. I'm quite excited really, like I say I would never normally put this much on a sports bet.

JC
  • edited August 2010
    £100 !!!!!! - U been running good in the dyms JC? lol

Don't bet against donny today !!!!! - If anyone can go to Cardiff and get a result against the odds I reckon its us!

Be interested to know the price, does anyone know if u can back a team "not to lose"??? Or wud I have to take the draw and the donny win as singles?
  • edited August 2010
    £100 !!!!!! - U been running good in the dyms JC? lol Don't bet against donny today !!!!! - If anyone can go to Cardiff and get a result against the odds I reckon its us! Be interested to know the price, does anyone know if u can back a team " not to lose "??? Or wud I have to take the draw and the donny win as singles?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi JJ, no I don't mix betting and poker lol (this bet was a bit of a pain - I normally just do small football bets in the shop).

I kind of agree about Donny I never normally back against but I'm afraid I jumped on the Bellamy bandwagon.

Re your bet, sometimes they simply do a 'double chance' thing where it will say "Doncaster OR Draw" but I can't see it on Sky for that match today. I don't know how you will have to do it but I'm sure there will be away have you tried just adding both to the slip and seeing what options it gives you?
  • edited August 2010
    £100 !!!!!! - U been running good in the dyms JC? lol Don't bet against donny today !!!!! - If anyone can go to Cardiff and get a result against the odds I reckon its us! Be interested to know the price, does anyone know if u can back a team " not to lose "??? Or wud I have to take the draw and the donny win as singles?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    DOH- You need to back Donny with a goal start, or Cardiff -1. Then a draw is a win for you. I'm not sure which bookies you can do this with , or the price- But I'm sure someone can find you that bet- or just ask the bookies.
    Cant say good luck, coz your bet will mess up every one elses bets.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys

Your right about the arsenal bet there is no value, should have handicap bet it.

Few more bets for today 5 x 4fold £1 aline and £5 acca.
     Barclays Premier LeagueArsenal v BlackpoolUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 21/08/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 2/5
     Barclays Premier LeagueWigan v ChelseaUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 21/08/2010 17:15Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/7
     Npower ChampionshipCoventry v DerbyUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 21/08/2010 12:15Over 2.5 Goals @ evens
     Npower ChampionshipHull v WatfordUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 21/08/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 10/11
     Npower League 2Crewe v BarnetUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 21/08/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6

canadian 26 x 10p plus £1 acca
     Barclays Premier LeagueMan. City v LiverpoolMatch Result 23/08/2010 20:00Draw @ 9/4
     Barclays Premier LeagueBirmingham v BlackburnMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 11/5
     Npower League 1Rochdale v ColchesterMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 9/4
     Npower League 1Walsall v PlymouthMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 12/5
     Npower League 2Southend v Port ValeMatch Result 21/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 9/4

Be lucky

achill

• edited August 2010
    Are Notts County @4/5. better value than Cardiff.
    Notts County are 19pts higher than daggers in the handicap league, and are usually strong at home.
    If this match was at Xmas, County would be 1/2 or 2/5.
    PNE- are a massive 15/8 with sky.against pompey, They may not win, but are worth a big blind at that price.
    Good value patent  Cardiff- Notts County- PNE.
  • edited August 2010

Bob, Careful on Wycombe V Oxford, this plays like a massive local derby, will be a full house in a compact ground with a couple of thou 'lively' Oxford fans there!! Potential for action on/off pitch, several younger players may get over enthusiastic, so potential for bookings & reds here defo!! this easily could lead to a 'freak' result either way! I'd get on Cards rather than result!!

• edited August 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You can bet the draw no bet, donny are 12/5 should it be a draw you get your money back
  • edited August 2010
    Actually just checked, looks like u can't do 'cards' bets on skybet, am i wromg? so have to 'spread' it!
    but backed mi posts with

2.5+ match goals plus, in Arsenal[1.4] & Wycombe [1.909] games, looks as easy money as a cardiff win!!

this is mi debut on sat sky bet!! so wish me lucK!!
  • edited August 2010
    Actually just checked, looks like u can't do 'cards' bets on skybet, am i wromg? so have to 'spread' it! but backed mi posts with 2.5+ match goals plus, in Arsenal[1.4] & Wycombe [1.909] games, looks as easy money as a cardiff win!! this is mi debut on sat sky bet!! so wish me lucK!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Good luck mate! I got same bet but with Arsenal and Chelsea games.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: football bets 20/8/10 : Good luck mate! I got same bet but with Arsenal and Chelsea games.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Saw that, good luck!! looks good, average prem goals bout 2.6/game!! So reckon these two sould be well more!!
    Average goals in league 2 normally bout 2.8 i think, cant help thinking Wycombe game is a bargain at nearly evens for 2.5+..!!!
  • edited August 2010

I can't wait for Donny to bust all ya coupons this aft!!!

muwhahahah

• edited August 2010
    Are Notts County @4/5. better value than Cardiff. Notts County are 19pts higher than daggers in the handicap league, and are usually strong at home. If this match was at Xmas, County would be 1/2 or 2/5. PNE- are a massive 15/8 with sky.against pompey, They may not win, but are worth a big blind at that price. Good value patent  Cardiff- Notts County- PNE.
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Sky have realized 15/8 PNE, was much too big- they now have them @11/8.
  • edited August 2010

Ok Ive gone for 3 aways in the premiership today.

I hate betting against Stoke, as theyre my fave premiership team, but I also love watching Spurs, and they'll get their season going this afternoon.

Birmingham I feel will struggle this year, and Big Sam will have blackburn up for it.

And I canny believe that Sunderland are 2 n half to 1 to win at West Brom who got thumped last week.

So £7.26 @ 26/1 - Bruce, Redknapp and Big Sam gotta be 3 of the best managers in the league, rekon I'll get a good run for my money today.

Long shot to follow.....

Ok, not so long, had £3 @ 37/1 on.....

Sheff Wed (booo)
    S'ton
    Arsenal
    QPR (watch scunny fe k me again)
    Norwich
    Hull
    Bristol city.

And heres the long shot....

DONNY - (fancy us to get a point, but ya never know we might nick it)
    Ipswich, 2/1??? yes plz
    Notts Forest
    Leicester

£2 @ 152/1 !!!

Good luck all !!!

EDIT - Arsenal are 4/5 to win to 0 against Blackpool !!!

Can anyone see BP scoring at the emirates????

If i'd had a bad night at the tables last night i'd deffo be lumping on that.
  • edited August 2010
    I gone against you slightly JJ - Cardiff FTW :)

Gone for a 5Fold in this 1 -

Derby (Bloody just lost ffs)
    Chelsea
    Sunderland
    Arsenal
    Tottenham
    Everton

Next 5 Fold and accumulator -
    CARDIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    QPR
    Portsmouth
    Swansea
    Ipswich
    Forest

Accumulator
    Falkirk
    East Stirling
    Arbroath
    Clyde
    Torquay
    Wycombe

Accumulator - think this was 11/1
    Arsenal
    Everton
    Tottenham
    Sunderland

Final Accumulator
    Rangers
    A.Villa
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Celtic

There you go JJ - some comedy picks for ya to butcher :)
  • ACAACA
    edited August 2010
    Ok Ive gone for 3 aways in the premiership today. I hate betting against Stoke, as theyre my fave premiership team, but I also love watching Spurs, and they'll get their season going this afternoon. Birmingham I feel will struggle this year, and Big Sam will have blackburn up for it. And I canny believe that Sunderland are 2 n half to 1 to win at West Brom who got thumped last week. So £7.26 @ 26/1 - Bruce, Redknapp and Big Sam gotta be 3 of the best managers in the league, rekon I'll get a good run for my money today. Long shot to follow..... Ok, not so long, had £3 @ 37/1 on..... Sheff Wed (booo) S'ton Arsenal QPR (watch scunny fe k me again) Norwich Hull Bristol city. And heres the long shot.... DONNY - (fancy us to get a point, but ya never know we might nick it) Ipswich, 2/1??? yes plz Notts Forest Leicester £2 @ 152/1 !!! Good luck all !!! EDIT - Arsenal are 4/5 to win to 0 against Blackpool !!! Can anyone see BP scoring at the emirates???? If i'd had a bad night at the tables last night i'd deffo be lumping on that.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Dont often agree with you Doh, In fact, never agree with you.

But Sunderland at 11/4, defo worth a punt , had a wee £10 double with them and Werder Bremen @ 7/4

gl guys
  • edited August 2010
    Wigan 1 Chelsea 0  £10 on @20/1
  • edited August 2010
    Sighs*

was looknig so good at half time, In my home banker acca 7/1 shot all teams were winning except 1 which was 1-1

in my away acca that paid 115/1 4 out of 5 were winning the other 0-0 was well happy, within 10 minutes of the restart i was blowing my bankroll on the horses to get my foot spending back as goal goal goal went against me.

Hope some of you had more luck

Gareth
  • edited August 2010
    Stoke 2/1 at home to Tottenham Hearts 6/4 away to Hamilton E Stirling 5/4 away to Elgin £5 on 3 doubles and £5 on the treble, potential return over £180.
    Posted by Kevilfish

£28 return, an easy win for Heart of Midlothian and a good win for East Stirling. Unfortunate for Stoke.

• edited August 2010
    I've had 5 homes today: Cardiff v Doncaster QPR v Scunthorpe Sheff Wed v Brighton Rotherham v Cheltenham Shrewsbury v Aldershot Pays around 19/1 I've only had £3.40 on it. I have also had another bet today which is much bigger than I would normally have as I am really no good at sports betting. This just appealed to me though and I would be interested to know what others think. I know that Arsenal v Blackpool has been discussed above. The bet is +2.5 goals in both of: Arsenal v Blackpool Wigan v Chelsea Double pays 13/10 on SkyBet and looked nailed on to me so I have had £100 on it. I'm quite excited really, like I say I would never normally put this much on a sports bet. JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Well done, i did'nt think this looked to good after the first half hour but makes it more exciting when the goals come later.