You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should Freerolls be Password Protected?

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Personaly I find it infuriating to trape around the net looking for these passwords ie: twitter facebook skybet -- poker is ment tobe fun , lets do away with these stupid ideas.  How many agree with me , or am I alone ?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Some freerolls have to be password protected for marketing reasons.

Some freerolls are private.

So yes, passwords for freerolls are sometimes necessary, and are very common accross all sites

A bit of hunting for passwords goes with the territory of playing freerolls im afraid.

• edited August 2010
    The password protected freerolls are generally designed to promote some other part of Sky. The idea is to get you to subscribe to and visit the Sky Poker Facebook page, etc.

That is the reason that they are password protected.

There are four non-password protected freerolls every day during August.
  • edited August 2010
    Nothing in life is FREE - Including Freerolls which are a bit like having to cut the coupons out of the newspaper. Wouldn't it be so much easier if we could just take the whole newspaper into the supermarket and hand it over with our shopping basket lol.

As my local builder would say "If you want a cheap extention, it's better to do the groundwork yourself"
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Should Freerolls be Password Protected?:
    Nothing in life is FREE - Including Freerolls which are a bit like having to cut the coupons out of the newspaper. Wouldn't it be so much easier if we could just take the whole newspaper into the supermarket and hand it over with our shopping basketlol. As my local builder would say "If you want a cheap extension, it's better to do the groundwork yourself"
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I do this, luckily the cashiers at my local branch of LIDL are now equipt with scissors:)