You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A little improvement suggestion

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
In rebuy tournaments once you reach the hour break it doesn't become that obvious that you can add-on.
I myself have nearly missed it before due to multi tabling and a regular player last night also forgot to add-on due to not seeing the message.

When you get KO'd you get the option screen pop-up and ask if you want to rebuy or not, could the same be brought in once the 1st hour is over.

Let me know what you all think and if you agree we can get it passed over to the right people.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Know what you mean flash. I was playing 3 tables the other night and one of them was a re-buy, I had the option of the Add On at the break (6000 Chips) so I thought I would use it, however, when it got to the break I totally forgot about it until the game had restarted.

I think a popup box asking you if you want to add on at the break would be a great idea.

Ps. Luckily I took the tourny down without the Add On but it would of made my win that much easier.
  • edited August 2010
    Good shout Charles

btw the mods are in a bad mood, so this will soon be in the correct section of the forum, which no-one ever visits

they did that to my post the other day where i suggested a change, and no-one has read it since... sigh

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A little improvement suggestion:
    Good shout Charles btw the mods are in a bad mood, so this will soon be in the correct section of the forum, which no-one ever visits they did that to my post the other day where i suggested a change, and no-one has read it since... sigh
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I read it and you've made me feel guilty now because I didn't reply ;-) lol  It doesn't matter where they get moved to because the original thread title still remains in the original location - it just automatically redirects when you click it.

• edited August 2010
    Good shout Charles btw the mods are in a bad mood, so this will soon be in the correct section of the forum, which no-one ever visits they did that to my post the other day where i suggested a change, and no-one has read it since... sigh
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thats why I didn't bother putting it in the right place to start with lol.

p.s I lol'd at your link bout the macy D's woman
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A little improvement suggestion : I read it and you've made me feel guilty now because I didn't reply ;-) lol  It doesn't matter where they get moved to because the original thread title still remains in the original location - it just automatically redirects when you click it.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

I read it too.  :-)))

I think the issue with moving the thread is that the original thread cannot be updated so it soon disappears off the front page of "General Poker Chat" and is not seen by as many people as Greg would hope.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A little improvement suggestion : I read it too.  :-))) I think the issue with moving the thread is that the original thread cannot be updated so it soon disappears off the front page of "General Poker Chat" and is not seen by as many people as Greg would hope.
    Posted by MereNovice
    This is indeed the issue Vince, i thought about how to explain it in a succinct way, but you have done the job for me, many thanks

• edited August 2010

Just thought of another improvement suggestion

Maybe i should start a thread in general chat called...

Please can Mods not move our threads about? :) HEHE

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A little improvement suggestion : This is indeed the issue Vince, i thought about how to explain it in a succinct way, but you have done the job for me, many thanks
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yes I see that point (thought about that after I'd posted!). I guess one flipside could be that the Community Developers will look in that other forum and see the suggestion (maybe they don't look every day?) where it would possibly get missed in this more busy forum (?)

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A little improvement suggestion : Yes I see that point (thought about that after I'd posted!). I guess one flipside could be that the Community Developers will look in that other forum and see the suggestion (maybe they don't look every day?) where it would possibly get missed in this more busy forum (?)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Good point.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to A little improvement suggestion:
    In rebuy tournaments once you reach the hour break it doesn't become that obvious that you can add-on. I myself have nearly missed it before due to multi tabling and a regular player last night also forgot to add-on due to not seeing the message. When you get KO'd you get the option screen pop-up and ask if you want to rebuy or not, could the same be brought in once the 1st hour is over. Let me know what you all think and if you agree we can get it passed over to the right people.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Totally agree with this.  I basically sat out the first 45 mins of ToT last night and then had a rebuy to top myself up, then during the break was waiting for the add on period, didn't see it.  I assumed at the end of the break I'd see a pop-up for 15 seconds offering it but it never appeared.  So I basically just got 3000 chips for my fiver instead of 4750 or whatever the add-on amount was.

I could then have gone on to donk off my stack on a bad flush draw and made someone an even bigger chip leader.
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    *Cough* Bump *Cough*
  • edited August 2010
    *Cough* Bump *Cough*
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Shame you had to do that - no one ever visits this part of the forum ;-) haha