You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moral / Ethical dillema

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Lol

you owe some random lady 80p

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Last week the following ethical/moral dilemma happened to me. What i want to know is, what do you think i did, not what would you do, i will give the answer later.
    I went to a well known supermarket with the wife, i parked up and went to collect a trolley. I didn't have a pound coin for the trolley slot, but my wife said, 'its ok, a 20p piece works the same' I tried it and it worked! We did our shopping and after i put the groceries in the car i went to put the trolley back in the rack. (can you see where this is going lol) A lady stopped me as i got to the trolley point and said, 'its ok i will have that' and offered me a pound coin lol. What do you think happened next?
    Answer : well none of you lot thought i would just be truthful and tell her there was only 20p in the slot, the majority thought i am a saint and gave her the trolley for free! What actually happened was, when she gave me the £1 coin, i accepted it and on the way to the car i realised what had happened. I got into the car, told the wife and said i was gonna wait to see her face lol. She said i was mad, but im not so mad because i moved my car to a new parking bay (my army training lol) and waited. She came out went to the trolley bay and when she got the 20p out of the slot, she looked around and started laughing and shaking her head! Did i then go and return her £1? well that's another story.....
  • edited August 2010
    i`d take the pound, wait to see her face, then go up to her and offer the pound back,
  • edited August 2010
    Im guessing it was a 'little old lady' as well yeah?
  • edited August 2010
    i hope you gave the lady the trolly for free mr tunes--
  • edited August 2010
    yes the answer does depend on the type of lady in question

if it was a young glamorous model it was defo option D

• edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: My Moral / Ethical dillema:
    Im guessing it was a 'little old lady' as well yeah?
    Posted by dav1964
    the lady in question was mrs miyagi
  • edited August 2010
    I'd wait 5mins and then steal her blinds.
  • edited August 2010
    Im in favour of taking the money these old ladies are crooks too, I gave an old lady a quit for a trolly and when I took it back not even a 20p in it!
  • edited August 2010
    i'm going to say you were a gent and gave her trolley for free!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Answer and poll result on page 1
  • edited August 2010
    LOL

Your not called "Loony" for nothing.

I would like to know if you returned the £1 please

And well done the 18% that got it right
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Moral / Ethical dillema:
    LOL Your not called "Loony" for nothing. I would like to know if you returned the £1 please And well done the 18% that got it right
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I was gonna keep the money, but when i saw her laughing and taking it in good fun, i drove up and gave her the pound back. As i was going out of the carpark i realised the two faced  so and so still had MY 20p, so now im down 20p for my good nature. That's what being honest does to ya!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Moral / Ethical dillema:
    In Response to Re: Moral / Ethical dillema : I was gonna keep the money, but when i saw her laughing and taking it in good fun, i drove up and gave her the pound back. As i was going out of the carpark i realised the two faced  so and so still had MY 20p, so now im down 20p for my good nature. That's what being honest does to ya!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Think of the 20p as a "rake" for your own amusement.

I think it was worth it.
  • edited August 2010

defo a loony would only wait to see her face ,

how long did you wait ?

if i said raver i just want to wait ,

she would say i will get the strait jacket now like come onnnnnnn !

• edited August 2010
    Exact same happened here m8 at a store and an old boy was taking his carry to the car , i said i will walk u 2 ur car and give u a quid save u walking back with nowt 2 get ur £1 he said its 1 of of whose change saving tokens but have it anyway son .
    Later i came out and a lady whent to give me a £1 for it mmm......
    Only for the reason she was wearing green i passed on the good deed theme .
    To be honest it was a hard one so i think u did the good thing