You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Had a massive break.

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Ive had over a month off playing at the tables, I was going to make deposit else where but did not in the end as I felt I still needed more time off.
Sooo ive decided to stick with sky and stick to strict BR managment as I am always going bust. Put it this way the longest ive kept a roll for is like 3 weeks maybe abit more!!!
Ive been playing on off since I was 19/20 ish, but now relise nothing comes without hard work time and effort
So on sunday I will be adding £40.00 to my account and seeing if i can stick to 2p/4p till its atleast doubled to £80 before I even think about moving up.
I have also made a small spreadsheet on my pc with time played blinds and all the other basic info money started with final cash out and ending balance.
I feel my main probs with [playing is even if I loose like 4pounds for some reaso I go on complete LIFE tilt which there is no need for!!
Any thoughts please feel free to drop a comment in
Thanks

PS will post updates if anyone is actually intrested in follwing me fail within 3 days.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    You say you always loose, any chance you can post what tables your playing at m8 :) lol
  • edited August 2010
    Interesting.

I've been playing for 7 months now and have yet to make a profit in any one of them. I've even taken down a couple of MTTs in that time. But my br management is beyond ridiculous. I've sat down at at a 50/£1 table with entire br more than once.

I'm planning concentrating soley on cash next month too. But I just can't be bothered with the 2/4p tables. Don't have much more of br possibilities than you but I'm going straight to the 5/10 ones at minimum. If I go bust, I go bust. And I'll start again next month.

I'll compare results with you dude.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break.:
    Interesting. I've been playing for 7 months now and have yet to make a profit in any one of them. I've even taken down a couple of MTTs in that time. But my br management is beyond ridiculous. I've sat down at at a 50/£1 table with entire br more than once. I'm planning concentrating soley on cash next month too. But I just can't be bothered with the 2/4p tables. Don't have much more of br possibilities than you but I'm going straight to the 5/10 ones at minimum. If I go bust, I go bust. And I'll start again next month. I'll compare results with you dude.
    Posted by bandini
    Wow this is me all over! everything u have put in your post is the same as how I am. I cant be bothered with 2p/4p BUT I know its the only way I can move up and get better. Ive sat at 40nl with 20£ and run it upto 100£ then after just cash out, but thats not poker in my eyes.
    I would like to compare results and maybe we should both just practise BR managment and start off at 2p/4p. Well cheers for ur reply and ill see you at 2p/4p lol ( Unless I loose £2 then im going on life tilt and moving upto 50nl)

Ps u think thats a joke lol.................its sad but its not.
  • edited August 2010

WELL IF UVE ONLY KEPT A BANKROLL FOR 3 WEEKS MAX EVER ,I WUD SERIOUSLY TAKE UP PING PONG OR MARBLES INSTEAD '''''''''''''''

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break. : Wow this is me all over! everything u have put in your post is the same as how I am. I cant be bothered with 2p/4p BUT I know its the only way I can move up and get better. Ive sat at 40nl with 20£ and run it upto 100£ then after just cash out, but thats not poker in my eyes. I would like to compare results and maybe we should both just practise BR managment and start off at 2p/4p. Well cheers for ur reply and ill see you at 2p/4p lol ( Unless I loose £2 then im going on life tilt and moving upto 50nl) Ps u think thats a joke lol.................its sad but its not.
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    lol.

Tilt? Read my 6 out of 126 thread I just posted. Jee-zo that was cruel.

Ain't doing 2/4, but am defo moving to cash. Be interesting to see how we compare. Reading Harrington's cash book just now.

Think I'll try a £50 dym just now though. I believe in karma. lol.
  • edited August 2010
    LOL goodluck with that.
    Yeah we shall keep contact and swap notes if you want upto you though?
  • edited August 2010
    Challange starts in a few mins...............just watching sweet home alabama <haha im a sad act! plus gunna get a large whisky inside me then hit the tables 2p/4p BOOOOOOOOOOOM>
  • edited August 2010
    never play while drinking--
    never play with the red mist(tilt)

most important of all is--

never play tired online--keep taking breaks away from the tables--
  • edited August 2010
    never play while drinking-- never play with the red mist(tilt) most important of all is-- never play tired online--keep taking breaks away from the tables--
    Posted by batman4
    +1
  • edited August 2010
    never play while drinking-- never play with the red mist(tilt) most important of all is-- never play tired online--keep taking breaks away from the tables--
    Posted by batman4
    I have to play while drinking or I dont have the balls to do my hyper agresive plays, or however you spell it!
  • edited August 2010

1. Drink and poker dont mix? pfffft

2.I cant find ya root mate
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break. : I have to play while drinking or I dont have the balls to do my hyper agresive plays, or however you spell it!
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    You will get tired much quicker if you play with drink - also too confident and careless.

So you may win a fair few pots early doors but then lose it all back and more (much easier to go on tilt playing with booze too).
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break. : You will get tired much quicker if you play with drink - also too confident and careless. So you may win a fair few pots early doors but then lose it all back and more (much easier to go on tilt playing with booze too).
    Posted by JingleMa
    This is defo NOT TRUE with all players,but probably the majority.I myself play much better while having 'a couple' ;o)
  • edited August 2010
    1. Drink and poker dont mix? pfffft 2.I cant find ya root mate
    Posted by dav1964

Im staring now had tro set up a database which i have now dun so come find me ill be  playing 4 tables so chat will not be on sorry
  • edited August 2010
    uuuuuups balance now £43.00 im +3 wooop
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by batman4
    + 1 to dont play when tired or drinking, i have done 2 thirds of my bankroll because of this over the weekend grrrrrrrrr!!!! basically was playing poor bankroll 2 and sitting with £12 on 30nl, would run up then make one stupid play and lose it all, went out saturday and woke up sunday 9 still feeling drunk lost about £35, then left for few hours again run up then a stupid play and all gone, accidentally registered for MTT 5.50 which i bubbled then was down to £18, put for on no limit omaha and got to £12+ so just need to stop playing when tired again always does my bankroll, only got £30 to play with now, will be in deepie tonight hopefully give it a boost, should just stick to sit n gos as seem to kill them and play cash when properly rolled for nl10

GL mate you can do it, i need to be more strict tooo. although i dont tend to deposit often just run bankroll up then nearly bust so then have to grind away frustrating
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break. : + 1 to dont play when tired or drinking, i have done 2 thirds of my bankroll because of this over the weekend grrrrrrrrr!!!! basically was playing poor bankroll 2 and sitting with £12 on 30nl, would run up then make one stupid play and lose it all, went out saturday and woke up sunday 9 still feeling drunk lost about £35, then left for few hours again run up then a stupid play and all gone, accidentally registered for MTT 5.50 which i bubbled then was down to £18, put for on no limit omaha and got to £12+ so just need to stop playing when tired again always does my bankroll, only got £30 to play with now, will be in deepie tonight hopefully give it a boost, should just stick to sit n gos as seem to kill them and play cash when properly rolled for nl10 GL mate you can do it, i need to be more strict tooo. although i dont tend to deposit often just run bankroll up then nearly bust so then have to grind away frustrating
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    cheersz mate, yeah im gunna be proper strict with myself and jusy 4 table nl4 for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.
    I used to be like you sit down with nare min and run it up, but ive lernt now nothing comes without hard work!
    I shall be playing at about 7ish 2night anyone wanna check me out then please do.
    I will not have chat on as ill be in mini view.
  • edited August 2010
    Kunster u definitely look like CJ off eggheads
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What the flipping heck is this?????
    I HAVE NEVER WATCHED IN MY WHOLE LIIIIIIIIIIFE

PS
    so I do not know who you mean
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hahahaha

It'll probably be next week before I start cos I've had a brutal month's drinking and I'm skint. In saying that I've 8 bottles of Kronenberg left in the fridge and £11 left in my sky account so might hit the £1/£2 tables yet lol

And I agree that drinking helps my game for the same reasons CJ has stated. The paradox being that it's also when br management goes COMPLETELY out the window. It's a hard life being a gambler.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break. : hahahaha It'll probably be next week before I start cos I've had a brutal month's drinking and I'm skint. In saying that I've 8 bottles of Kronenberg left in the fridge and £11 left in my sky account so might hit the £1/£2 tables yet lol And I agree that drinking helps my game for the same reasons CJ has stated. The paradox being that it's also when br management goes COMPLETELY out the window. It's a hard life being a gambler.
    Posted by bandini
    WHOOOOOOOO is this CJ cuuump?
  • edited August 2010
    Cj from Eggheads is the world's biggest XXXX, i really would not want to be compared to him...

anyway, good luck with your challenge Kunal

• edited August 2010
    Cj from Eggheads is the world's biggest XXXX, i really would not want to be compared to him... anyway, good luck with your challenge Kunal
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    cheersz buddy
    and nice of you all to call me a d..k
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break. : WHOOOOOOOO is this CJ cuuump?
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    A ridiculously camp and utterly detestable member of the egg-heads quiz team (show that's sometimes on BBC2 about 6ish where a quiz team will take on the eggheads who are all quiz masters.)

Apologies for calling you it but there is a similarity with your profile photo. Blame Dohhhhh. He started it.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break. : Im staring now had tro set up a database which i have now dun so come find me ill be  playing 4 tables so chat will not be on sorry
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    wont it be better playing one table using 10% of your BR instead of sticking 50% of your BR on 4 tables m8
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Had a massive break. : wont it be better playing one table using 10% of your BR instead of sticking 50% of your BR on 4 tables m8
    Posted by stokefc

I hear you but ONE table ill fall asleep, noway I can do that! but thanks anyway,
  • edited August 2010
    down to £38.21, will knock out 2 DYMs 2morro so im even! one double up on a DYM 95% cash.