You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ARE THE BLIND INCREMENTS IN THE OPEN, AND IN THE OTHER 10MIN BLIND FREEZEOUTS, FLOPWIT STUPID?

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
I have played a few 10 min blind freezeouts lately and have noticed that the blinds go up really fast in these, you need to get going really fast just to survive in these, and there is no time for patience to pay off at all--if the first hours play had the same blind increments as a deep stack tournament, or the totty, then poker on sky would be loads bettererer--innit?

ps --the open is the same--ridiculous imo

Comments

• edited August 2010
    freezeout---first hour---
    110.00 / 20.0010
    215.00 / 30.0010
    325.00 / 50.0010
    450.00 / 100.0010
    575.00 / 150.0010
    6100.00 / 200.0010
  • edited August 2010

10 mins is fine, 2k is fine, MORE LEVELS NEEDED!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    proper tourney---

110.00 / 20.00 
    215.00 / 30.00 
    320.00 / 40.00 
    430.00 / 60.00 
    540.00 / 80.00
  • edited August 2010
    Thats what I'm saying dohhhhhh, more levels are required, its a floppin raffle, anyone that dos'nt double up in the first hour will have 10 bbs left
  • edited August 2010
    I ain't even gonna bother with them anymore, flopwit stupid imo
  • edited August 2010

Yeh I think the first hour is ok, maybe 1 more level.

Its after the first break, and then when theres 30-40 ppl left, where u HAVE to get lucky.

I think the play shud be deeper the longer the tourny goes, give the best players a chance to play (the best players in this tourny, as they have gone the deepest)

• edited August 2010
    If the blinds were 50/100 after the first hour, instead of 150/300, then they would be good playable tournies, as it is, they are a silly shootout raffle, and not worth investing in
  • edited August 2010
    It's a bit of a dilemma really - i agree that it can become a bit crapshooty after the first hour - I personally prefer a DS structure but with the number of entrants it isn't quite realistic to implement within these 8pm tournaments imo. JJ says an added level - ofc that helps and I agree but I don't think the DS structure that you have written above would work oynutter (although again I state that I love the structure) because the deeper we make it then the longer the tournament runs and anything much after midnight is quite off putting for those who have work the following day etc etc. I on't think the stucture is ideal at all byut I can't see much else that they can do unless they add a few levels here and there.
  • edited August 2010
    but would'nt you agree that 150/300 blinds after the first hour is ridiculous, when you start with 2000 chips-- thats 6 big blinds!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE THE BLIND INCREMENTS IN THE OPEN, AND IN THE OTHER 10MIN BLIND FREEZEOUTS, FLOPWIT STUPID?:
    but would'nt you agree that 150/300 blinds after the first hour is ridiculous, when you start with 2000 chips-- thats 6 big blinds!
    Posted by oynutter
    Totally agree, and as I say it's not the kind of structure Im a big fan of but we have to be realistic, that is why I think that a couple of levels added here or there would be beneficial - It will neve become deep stacked structure because it will take to long, even with some added extra levels it would extend the the finishing time to beyond 1am which is not ideal if you have to get up early in the morning.

DS at 7.15pm and 8.15pm FTW - both have had great running numbers recently and I hope they increase :)
  • edited August 2010
    But Dylan, it's not just the open, all the freezeouts have this silly structure where you start with 2000 chips and the blinds are 150/300 after an hour--- bingo imo
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE THE BLIND INCREMENTS IN THE OPEN, AND IN THE OTHER 10MIN BLIND FREEZEOUTS, FLOPWIT STUPID?:
    But Dylan, it's not just the open, all the freezeouts have this silly structure where you start with 2000 chips and the blinds are 150/300 after an hour--- bingo imo
    Posted by oynutter
    Again I agree, but as players who prefer DS structures we would say that, some players prefer these structures because they are quicker than the DS which tbf can go on for an age, great value for money yes but with time constraints DS arent for everyone - unbelivable I know!! A friend of mine does not like DS mtt's and likes the freezeout structures on here (I can say this because he is with me right now lol). On a side note, although expensive one of the best structures on here in the Open is the Friday night rebuy - although costing £33 if you rebuy and addon there is so much play in it with all players Deep stacked and great value in them - so your basically playing for the same price as the Primo but with a better playing structure :)   
  • edited August 2010
    start at 7pm if they not on the tv and have the structure slower, i went in one yesterday - the 1st time in ages and to be honest, considering they are supposed to be sky premier tournies, it was a joke, after half hour, if you aint improved by 50% it was shove time! im sticking to the deepies from now on
  • edited August 2010
    start at 7pm if they not on the tv and have the structure slower, i went in one yesterday - the 1st time in ages and to be honest, considering they are supposed to be sky premier tournies, it was a joke, after half hour, if you aint improved by 50% it was shove time! im sticking to the deepies from now on
    Posted by loonytoons
    +1 loonytoons, it would'nt take much to make these freezeouts playable though would it?--  just a few more levels in the first hour would do it, but as it is, I'm not playing them anymore--- I like poker
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE THE BLIND INCREMENTS IN THE OPEN, AND IN THE OTHER 10MIN BLIND FREEZEOUTS, FLOPWIT STUPID? : +1 loonytoons, it would'nt take much to make these freezeouts playable though would it?--  just a few more levels in the first hour would do it, but as it is, I'm not playing them anymore--- I like poker
    Posted by oynutter

Yeah i agree with ya nutter,the only 1 i try to play now is wednesdays £3k doublestack as you start with 4,000 chips and gives you a bit more time to play
  • edited August 2010
    2000 chips and 10 min blinds is fine imo, maybe the blinds do change strangly but most other sites u get 1500 starting stack, it used 2 be 7 min blinds and was always packed out with 700 runners now the pool is declining(weather 2 blame!!!!)... also i think in any torn u should be doubling up in 1st hour.
  • edited August 2010
    most of the time i play the deepies. i love the structure and as i am fairly new to poker they bare great for learning. i do however try a quicker tournie occasionally just for variety!! each to their own i say
  • edited August 2010
    I would love to see the blind structure of the rebuy tournaments the standard structure. I don't think we need super long blinds, not all tourneys shud be slow, the example given should be for deepstacks, but I do think there should be a level or 2 added to the regular tournament.

Saying that I think the main problem is actually the amount of starting chips, if one hand goes wrong at the start its a real battle to get back into it.
  • edited August 2010
    I would love to see the blind structure of the rebuy tournaments the standard structure. I don't think we need super long blinds, not all tourneys shud be slow, the example given should be for deepstacks, but I do think there should be a level or 2 added to the regular tournament. Saying that I think the main problem is actually the amount of starting chips, if one hand goes wrong at the start its a real battle to get back into it.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    That's why you are the re buy King - Bust early and re buy FTW he he
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ARE THE BLIND INCREMENTS IN THE OPEN, AND IN THE OTHER 10MIN BLIND FREEZEOUTS, FLOPWIT STUPID? : That's why you are the re buy King - Bust early and re buy FTW he he
    Posted by dylan12
    You know me too well ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    2000 chips and 10 min blinds is fine imo, maybe the blinds do change strangly but most other sites u get 1500 starting stack, it used 2 be 7 min blinds and was always packed out with 700 runners now the pool is declining(weather 2 blame!!!!)... also i think in any torn u should be doubling up in 1st hour.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    I don't agree with this at all. Yes doubling up is nice but unless you get a good situation or are willing to gamble it probably won't happen. In the 7.15 deepy you can stay on 5k for an hour and start again with 50 bb's ! Normal torny and ur basically buggerd if you stay on starting stack. I don't play normal tornies but if I did the blind levels would be a real problem.
  • edited August 2010

I agree with Oynutter

Stick some more levels in please

• edited August 2010
    im just saying dont let all torns turn into deepies
  • edited August 2010
    and yep deepies u can fold 4 an hour and still b healthy stacked.very enjoyable
  • edited August 2010
    and yep deepies u can fold 4 an hour and still b healthy stacked.very enjoyable
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    LOL, yes but at least you have a choice. ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Like a lot have said, i have no probs with the 10 min blinds and structure if it was a normal tourney, but we are talking about the premier 8pm open tournies, which in no way can you have premier play with this struycture!