You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sunday Night Show Thread. With added Orford.

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

And if THATS not enough, & we have insufficient e-Mails, I'll tell you all about my visit to the National Railway Museum in York yesterday. Abs Fab stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.

Comments

• edited August 2010

Afternoon all, & I hope your weekend is going well.

I've had a lovely few days, but all good things come to an end, & tonight, I'm paired with Orford, more of which shortly.

Tonight's Show will include......

The £10,000 Guaranteed PRIMO.

A Half-Hour "Poker Clinic" segment.

A bunch of cash hands from the Sunday night cash-tables, in a 20 minute (approx) segment.

We'll also try & keep a verbal eye (a what?) on tonight's SPT Semi-Final at 9.30.

A lot of tosh & blather from Orford.

Before the Live Show, I'll be doing a Pre-Record of Tuesday's "Open" Final, which will get shown later in the week. Without Orford. 

The Crew tonight includes Director Chan, Producer Sarah "Purple Lady" Collingbourne, Assistant Producer Dan the Man Bulmer (I love that boy) who'll be hand-picker tonight, plus the usual Vision Mixers, Graphics Lady, Sound Peeps, Cameramen & of course the Techie Bloke.

Looking forward to a good night.

Now, e-Mail subjects to follow.

PS - I had to do the Show Thread myself, as Orford is not here yet, sigh. Luckily, he does not need to spend much time in "Wardrobe", as he's mastered the hobo look. 
  • edited August 2010

Right, e-mail subjects, please.

e-Mails need to go to the usual addy, which is.....

skyopen@bskyb.com

Subject ONE.

Orford's team, WBA, won yesterday! Lol, just lol. Do you think WBA will record any more wins this season, & if so, against which Team?

Subject Two.

This one is Sarah's. If you made the Final Table of a big live Event, & could wear a fancy t-shirt logo, what would it say? e.g, "I don't even fold laundry" or "The PotFather". PLEASE keep them clean, though, you now what Orford's like with edgy stuff.

Subject Three

This is Orford's idea.

Imagine you made it as a Poker Pro on the Live Circuit.

a) What nick would you best like to be known by?

b) What nick do you think other's might call you?

For example, Orford would lik to be called Oresome Orford (sorry Vince, it had to scan), but we'd all call him Orful Orford. Greg Hogg might see himself as "The Elegance", whereas we might describe him as.....well, you get my drift.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night Show Thread. With added Orford.:
    And if THATS not enough, & we have insufficient e-Mails, I'll tell you all about my visit to the National Railway Museum in York yesterday. Abs Fab stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.
    Posted by Tikay10

Errrr ...........   email on its way

edit:  email down so for

cat.2 (teashirt) I would have ........

Ya can't scare me ....... I got kids!

cat.3 Big Dog but probably known as Small dog.
  • edited August 2010
    Subject 1 - Arsenal........that would be great

Subject 2 - At least my wife loves me (can't think of anything yet)

Subject 3 - The Educator / probably would be known as Luckbox though :(
  • edited August 2010

Lol @ Phil, who's got the "nick" idea perfectly. WE would DEFFO know him as "Luckbox".

A lot of the girls like to refer to me as "The Lunchbox", actually.
  • edited August 2010
    I'd deffo just have, "Open fold" on my shirt!

or "two napkins" with an arrow down towards my cards!

• edited August 2010
    Oh ffs, I thought we had to email it all in so I have done instead of posting on here!!
  • edited August 2010

My T Shirt would read, "I have Voluntary Tourette's Syndrome.  Just ask."

Regards
    Rob
  • edited August 2010
    Oh ffs, I thought we had to email it all in so I have done instead of posting on here!!
    Posted by dylan12
    Dyl,

You can EITHER e-Mail it in, OR Post it on this Thread.
  • edited August 2010
    could just have 

GET THERE! 

[    ]  ONE TIME

[ X ]  EVERY TIME

[     ] ALL SKILL
  • edited August 2010

What happened to the premier league? How can it be the most competative in the world with 3 6-0's in one weekend!!!

I would stick with "DOHHHHHHH" as a nickname.

The t-shirt slogan would be "Like durrrr but better"  or  "the dealer, the deck, and the DOHHHHHHH"

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night Show Thread. With added Orford. : Dyl, You can EITHER e-Mail it in, OR Post it on this Thread.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Done
  • edited August 2010
    What happened to the premier league? How can it be the most competative in the world with 3 6-0's in one weekend!!! I would stick with "DOHHHHHHH" as a nickname. The t-shirt slogan would be "Like durrrr but better"  or  "the dealer, the deck, and the DOHHHHHHH"
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Could yet be 4........Man Utd are playing Fulham this afternoon.

PS - Bad news everyone. Orford has arrived. At last.
  • edited August 2010

Afternoon everyone!

So West Brom just 3 points off league leaders Chelsea now. Funny old game. Bit disappointed we didn't win 6-0 though as that seems to be the score de jour this weekend.

I'm now in the office running through the 'script'- you know, adding insults for Tikay, that kind of thing.

If I turned pro on the live circuit I'd like my nickname to be 'The Main Man'

I suspect however I would end up simply with 'Plonker'.

I think GregHogg would like his to be 'Top Man', however I think he'd end up with 'Shops at Top Man' ;)

And finally I'm sure Tikay would like to be known as 'Tony The Tiger', but we all know he'd end up with 'Antique-kay'

You get the drift...keep 'em coming!

Looking forward to tonight's show, good luck in the Primo and see you all at 8 o'clock sharp on Channel 865!

• edited August 2010
    could just have  GET THERE!  [    ]  ONE TIME [ X ]  EVERY TIME [     ] ALL SKILL
    Posted by beaneh
    Love it!!

Winner!! lol
  • edited August 2010
    Sub 1)

Graham Dorrans in midfield? They'll stay up easily. De Matteo has the makings of a good manager too. They'll win plenty.Hopefully against Chelsea and ManC cos I hate them both.

Sub 2)

"Phil Ivey couldn't even win a s'n'g on Sky". I expect to be paid for this.

Sub 3)

a) Saughton. It's the only one I've done time in.
    b) Saughton. Same reason as a.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, nick names.
  • edited August 2010

T Shirt, "Thinking Crumpet's Man"

• edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    Lol @ Phil, who's got the "nick" idea perfectly. WE would DEFFO know him as "Luckbox". A lot of the girls like to refer to me as "The Lunchbox", actually.

Posted by Tikay10

Is that because of all the spam.

• edited August 2010
     A T-shirt would have to say:  Looks like jesus, runs like god.

Nicknames: Would have The Animal but would end up being called The Muppet
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night Show Thread. With added Orford. : Is that because of all the spam.
    Posted by -Dino66-
    I think that they prefer the term "enlightenment".

:-)))
  • edited August 2010
    WBA win a game?, never!
    Shirt: I AM J R Hartley,s son
    My nick, the Obliterator, others,  will probs be Mr Nice guy
  • edited August 2010
    hello,

WBA, all im going to say is, i cant wait till they come to the emirates aha.

subject 2 - i dont belong here...

subject 3 - the fish strikes back!

will be attempting the primo tonight guys, wish me luck! first time in a main event!

Craig
  • edited August 2010
    I think there is something wrong with the Sky rng today, i'm in position to qualify for something through a satellite!!! might need tech department to take a look! 
  • edited August 2010
    hi all

The first part

Accrington Stanley in the cup maybe!!!!!!!

Part two.
    If you can't spot the sucker at the table in the first half hour it's
    you

Part three

A) BOOT THE SOLE DESTROYER

B) ANY TWO CARDS DAI

DAI
  • edited August 2010
    hi guys.
    i fancy WBA to do a fulham and draw with man utd.....maybe.....or not!!

my t-shirt would read 'lozgos a loooong way'!

my pro poker nickname would be 'the G.O.A.T.' as in the Greatest Of All Time. to others i would just be 'who'?
    have fun 2nite
    laurie(lozgo)
  • edited August 2010
    I have predicted that all of the relegated teams will begin with the letter 'W'  There are four of them in the Premiership so they have a 3 to 1 shot at survival as far as I'm concerned.

A T-Shirt design?  Gotta be 'Call Me' with my phone number underneath.

• edited August 2010
    where`s tikay ? flicking channels and there was one about trains on bbc so watched to expect tikay riding it and no 30mins off my life wasted, so come on tikey when are you going presenting these progammes i neeeeeed my sleep ?
  • edited August 2010
    I have predicted that all of the relegated teams will begin with the letter 'W'  There are four of them in the Premiership so they have a 3 to 1 shot at survival as far as I'm concerned. A T-Shirt design?  Gotta be 'Call Me' with my phone number underneath.
    Posted by TommyD
    It will be Wigan, WestHam and Wackpool