You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

If Carlsberg Done the Weekend Footy Results.......

edited September 2010 in The Football Corner
Hey Rob

Glad it's all gone your way this weekend. Now I'm really confused cos last week Villa looked like world beaters but then again they were playing us!

On the plus side for me, I've got Carroll in my sky poker dream team (had him on the bench for my other team so I'm preying that Tevez don't play tomorrow night now!)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Could they get much better?

The Mack**s get Boinged by the Baggies.
    Hibs get Horsed at Home in front of their new stand.
    Man Utd get mugged near the end (okay, it wasn't quite in Fergie-Time, but still late enough to make me chuckle)
    Hearts give Hamilton a sound 4-0 thrusting....................and last but not least..........

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!!

Suits You Sir!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: If Carlsberg Done the Weekend Footy Results.......:
    Hey Rob Glad it's all gone your way this weekend. Now I'm really confused cos last week Villa looked like world beaters but then again they were playing us! On the plus side for me, I've got Carroll in my sky poker dream team (had him on the bench for my other team so I'm preying that Tevez don't play tomorrow night now!)
    Posted by silentbob
    Yes Jay, a nice few points from this weekends games......I nearly had Carroll as my captain too!!!

I even managed to get 2 right on the Super6 as well, including the 6 goal beasting that the sand-flickers copped for.

Have got a F/F interest with StevieG and the lad Balotelli? in Monday Nights game.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: If Carlsberg Done the Weekend Footy Results....... : Yes Jay, a nice few points from this weekends games......I nearly had Carroll as my captain too!!! I even managed to get 2 right on the Super6 as well, including the 6 goal beasting that the sand-flickers copped for. Have got a F/F interest with StevieG and the lad Balotelli? in Monday Nights game.
    Posted by emilyegg
    N1 Rob, Carroll is looking the part!! Glad Fulham could help a little bit in making your weekend!!
    Might try to get Carroll in mi fantasy team!

Little tip, [ actually BIG tip] for you & this thread, Young Belgium lad debut for us yesterday, got bout 20 mins, centre forward, still dont no his name lol, mbeleele or summat lol.... HE WILL MAKE IT I PROMISE YOU!!!

Looks very special, did not do much actually yesterday,  but got a great FOOT in on couple of Manu, showed great touch & wicked pace, in fact Zamora shud have given him the ball back a couple of times, but wernt good enuf!!

With Mark Hughes tuffing him up, sounds long shot, but he IS a future premier top scorer i promise you, unfortunately for us, prob get a good 18 months, and then a top 8 europe club will have him!!

MARK MY WORDS!!
  • edited August 2010
    Moussa Dembele!!

Was embarrassed not knowing his name, so looked him up!! We only signed him couple of days before ManU game, and Hughes throws him straight in, that tells me alot!! Our website says he is defo playin against Port Vale WEDS, what price a hat-trick!!

I will stake my football reputation on this lad!!
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    AMAZING!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    LOL, he was amazing, if thats what your commenting on Rich!!

Put him as a subtle mix of Owen's pace & movement, Berbatovs touch & guile and Shearers work ethic & Crunch!!

Blended like a fine Bordeaux Claret!!

I can't wait to see him for 90mins hopefully weds, not often i see someone like this come from 'Off-Radar', last one when i saw a 17 year old Rooney for everton, play us at Loftus rd!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: If Carlsberg Done the Weekend Footy Results....... : N1 Rob, Carroll is looking the part!! Glad Fulham could help a little bit in making your weekend!! Might try to get Carroll in mi fantasy team! Little tip, [ actually BIG tip] for you & this thread, Young Belgium lad debut for us yesterday, got bout 20 mins, centre forward, still dont no his name lol, mbeleele or summat lol.... HE WILL MAKE IT I PROMISE YOU!!! Looks very special, did not do much actually yesterday,  but got a great FOOT in on couple of Manu, showed great touch & wicked pace, in fact Zamora shud have given him the ball back a couple of times, but wernt good enuf!! With Mark Hughes tuffing him up, sounds long shot, but he IS a future premier top scorer i promise you, unfortunately for us, prob get a good 18 months, and then a top 8 europe club will have him!! MARK MY WORDS!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    LOL, Nice One Dave.

One of the blokes at work this morning (who is a Forest fan) was very enthusiastic about Andy Carroll.

"Andy Carroll must be a certainty for the next England squad" he proclaimed.

"FFS, give the lad a break, He ain't that bad"...............

Your Time Has Arrived Andy, And Your Number 9 Shirt is a Sound Fit. Go On Son.

Have-It

• edited August 2010
    Moussa Dembele!! Was embarrassed not knowing his name, so looked him up!! We only signed him couple of days before ManU game, and Hughes throws him straight in, that tells me alot!! Our website says he is defo playin against Port Vale WEDS, what price a hat-trick!! I will stake my football reputation on this lad!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    up the vale
    oh,wait a min,that lad should do vale on his own
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: If Carlsberg Done the Weekend Footy Results....... : up the vale oh,wait a min,that lad should do vale on his own
    Posted by stokefc
    Up the Vale, Stokey??? Aint that like me cheering chelsea !!!! LOL
    Got a spare ticket if ya wanna come lol
  • edited August 2010
    Anyway 6-0! Job done!!

Good to see Micky Adams & Geoff Horsfield got a rousing reception from the Fulham fans and responded honorably despite the result!

My Boy Dembele was superb again, is linking up well with Zamora actually, scored a Great goal!!

We were 4-0 up come half-time, then he was subbed off, tells me he is No.1 in the pecking order, not 2 or 3 behind Zamora & Dempsey.

Have also found out he was Hughes's buy, not Hodgson or Fulham scouting system, so am guesin he will start all, if not most games, he is Belgium international already so he is more 'developed' than i first thought!

The commentators will pick up on him sooner or later , they have not got the 'eye' for a player that i have!!

Wish I could develop an 'eye' for a winnin hand at poker!! lol
  • edited August 2010
    Of subject but why doesnt gera get in your team?, hattrick pre season, 2 goals in the cup yet he doesnt get in your starting 11.  I thought he was great at 2.5m in dreamteam but aint gunna get many points from the bench.

Gareth
  • edited August 2010
    Of subject but why doesnt gera get in your team?, hattrick pre season, 2 goals in the cup yet he doesnt get in your starting 11.  I thought he was great at 2.5m in dreamteam but aint gunna get many points from the bench. Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Heard he picked up a slight knock!

I really like him, but now Zamo & Dembele gonna be first choice front two, Dempsey seems out of favour, Etuhu not good enuf, & Murphy unfortunately seems to tire very early now, understandable!
    Think Gera could nail one of the wide spots, after Duff & Davies [Hughes' welsh mate], who are both injury prone!

Gera will defo play more than Dempsey, and Greening will be behind them all!! One injury and Gera is a defo starter, so bear with him, he can score from anywhere and has a great jump/attck of the ball, so gets headers!

Truth be told we defo need a centre mid urgent, i think if Johnson recovers, or Dempsey hits form, Dembele may play there as a playmaker! cause Etuhu aint up to it, Murphy has lost some legs & Hughes will sus that out!!

In conclusion, we have a plethora of 7/10 midfielders, Gera looking like he may be first sub mostly, as you have suggested, injuries and he starts, but he will score much more than the others relative to mins on pitch, so  for THIS reason I'd find him a spot!!

hope that helps, here endith the lesson lol
  • edited August 2010
    LOLOL

Well there you go, Dembele made the first go for Zamora!!

Then ETUHU scored an equaliser in last 5 mins, well done son!! but you are still rabbish, i can forgive that if you try harder!! Have looked at the Scholes goal bout 5 times now, and I !! would have defo closed that shot down!!
  • edited August 2010
    just had word from rob at the wedding. no arrests as yet and only a half hearted attempt at an assault from some old dear who was a bit angry at some queue jumping.
  • edited August 2010
    just had word from rob at the wedding. no arrests as yet and only a half hearted attempt at an assault from some old dear who was a bit angry at some queue jumping.
    Posted by emilyegg
    LOL, that must be Helen, Hi!

It just goes to show, you have to be so careful, even when doing such extreme,outlandish things like queuing for sausage rolls & cheese/pineapple sticks!! I Hope Rob wore his Body Armour!!!
  • edited August 2010
    ps Bet Rob was happy that Carroll scored again, ........Golden Boot?
  • edited August 2010
    Ah, iti s Sunday and all is well.

A peaceful (but alcohol free for me) wedding reception was a success.

Why DO people feel the need to "Spread The Love" with bridesmaids, then tell people about it on facebook on the week of the wedding? The local B&Q done a roaring trade on padlocks and chains to keep the fixtures and fittings in place though.
  • edited August 2010
    Ah, iti s Sunday and all is well. A peaceful (but alcohol free for me) wedding reception was a success. Why DO people feel the need to "Spread The Love" with bridesmaids, then tell people about it on facebook on the week of the wedding? The local B&Q done a roaring trade on padlocks and chains to keep the fixtures and fittings in place though.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Sounds like a Riot!! LOL!!
  • edited September 2010
    Wanted to bump this back to top after a couple of weeks!!

Just got back from FULHAM , YESSS!!!

The score....O yes................DEMBELE 2-1 WOLVES.......and he is still to get fully fit i reckon!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Carlsberg.....pffft.

The cans of out of date stuff that have been booted round a supermarket car park for me this week!!!