You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this strange?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
IMAROCK Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.67
blackbeltb Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £23.88
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

tonytubs65 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £13.87
clark08 Call  £0.20 £0.70 £16.70
mrlogic Raise  £1.60 £2.30 £37.42
GIFTER Call  £1.60 £3.90 £34.21
IMAROCK Fold     
blackbeltb Fold     
tonytubs65 Fold     
clark08 Fold     
Flop

• A

mrlogic Bet  £1.95 £5.85 £35.47
GIFTER Call  £1.95 £7.80 £32.26
Turn

mrlogic Bet  £4.00 £11.80 £31.47
GIFTER All-in  £32.26 £44.06

il post results later,,what is my play and what has he got?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to is this strange?:
    i think he is trying to bluff you off it or he has trip threes. 
  • edited August 2010
    need to know more about the guy, about how you've played versus him.

people are going to say pre is too big, it's not it's fun gogogo.

i'd bet bigger on the flop considering how deep you are and ze draws out.

on the turn a 3 makes sense, 23/34/35/73 if he even plays those,  surely not 33 cos he shoves. He could have a weirdly played big ace, surely a 6 with a flush draw would have raised the flop if he was happy to get it in and once he calls he's not just going to jam that on the turn.

you really need reads here, without them you fold with them it can change this into a call quite easily.

how did you both get your stacks etc etc?!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is this strange?:
    In Response to is this strange? : i think he is trying to bluff you off it or he has trip threes. 
    Posted by FLASH141
    More likely FH 6s over 3s dont u think?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is this strange? : More likely FH 6s over 3s dont u think?
    Posted by waynecure

why would he shove 30 quid over a 4 quid bet with a full house?!
  • edited August 2010
    I think your play is fine.  Readless, I fold to the shove, he is raising flop with AJ or lower. He has a 3 here most of the time I think, but like beaneh says, depending on player, and history, it could change from insta fold to insta call.

edit- one of the leaks im tryin to plug is to stop stackin off with 1pr hands, can be tough tho lol
  • edited August 2010
    hes cold called our epic preflop bet ....surely u have to rule out a 3?

only hands are 66/AK i think....dont like bet sizing as it looks weak, might be spewy to call but he reps so little its mad
  • edited August 2010
    hes cold called our epic preflop bet ....surely u have to rule out a 3? only hands are 66/AK i think....dont like bet sizing as it looks weak, might be spewy to call but he reps so little its mad
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    I dunno, Ive been in these situations often and theres every possibility of a random holding a 3 at 20nl.  I would agree with you about the 66, but surely he is not overshoving for so much when he has the hand locked up?  Well I wouldnt anyway.
  • edited August 2010
    20nl is bad but not that bad....i think his range is 66 or A3 and it comes down to reads on villain as to how loose his pf calls are, i think he shows up with 99-QQ , worse A or KdQd type hands more than he shows up with 66 or A3

line just makes no sense so i think i end up calling
  • edited August 2010
    20nl is bad but not that bad....i think his range is 66 or A3 and it comes down to reads on villain as to how loose his pf calls are, i think he shows up with 99-QQ , worse A or KdQd type hands more than he shows up with 66 or A3 line just makes no sense so i think i end up calling
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    He showed 3 4 clubs, reload!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is this strange? : He showed 3 4 clubs, reload!
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    im on super monkey tilt if he shows up with that after calling 8x pre....
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is this strange? : why would he shove 30 quid over a 4 quid bet with a full house?!
    Posted by beaneh
    Double bluff!!!!! He puts u on big A the shove looks weak..... it was a comment that offered food for thought hence my ? at the end. 3s does seem more logical as the flush draw would be a worry, but again why so much for 4 quid as you say?

So IMO (which this forum is about be they wrong or right) he can only be very strong or bluffing.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is this strange?:
    In Response to Re: is this strange? : im on super monkey tilt if he shows up with that after calling 8x pre....
    Posted by lynx3ffect

I'd cawl you with a 3 all day long, i'd even throw the other card  away just for japes. :)

In Response to Re: is this strange? : Double bluff!!!!! He puts u on big A the shove looks weak..... it was a comment that offered food for thought hence my ? at the end. 3s does seem more logical as the flush draw would be a worry, but again why so much for 4 quid as you say ? So IMO (which this forum is about be they wrong or right) he can only be very strong or bluffing.
    Posted by waynecure

Fair enough I agree with you, just think it's unlikely to be such a high level quintiple bluff!