You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1/2 HU, bluffshove?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Seat 2 is the button
Seat 1: villain ( $454.80 USD )
Seat 2: Hero ( $222.50 USD )
Hero posts small blind [$1.00 USD].
Villain posts big blind [$2.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [  6s Jh ]
Hero raises [$5.00 USD]
Villain calls [$4.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5d, 7c, 3h ]
Villain checks
Hero checks
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]
Villain checks
Hero bets [$8.00 USD]
Villain raises [$28.00 USD]
Hero calls [$20.00 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ Tc ]
Villain bets [$48.00 USD]
Hero?

villain is 73/63/19 over 186 hands. I feel like hes ok but isnt doing anything particularly tricky, likes to fold a lot. Can i get anything good to fold on this river if i shove? is it believable? spew?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    stats dont really understand too much, 1st ones im assuming ultra aggressive?

In your spot your only beating a complete bluff, also he's only folding a complete bluff i reckon he must have something on the board and not really believable what you have, unlikely you have straight with your raise looks like you have AK, AQ to him could represent overs but if he is this aggressive he would be calling with anything on the board 
  • edited August 2010
    i dont like it. You check the flop, then c-r the turn, i dont think your line makes too much sense to and you rep little. I do think your gonna get looked up light here vs good regs.

its hard to comment on HU matches, as plays depends on previous hands, and hand dyanmics more then FR/SH.

what site is that at, pm if your not allowed to post it bro
  • edited August 2010
    whats his call / 3bet % from the BB, prob more relative rather than just his vpip & pfr

problem is when you check back this flop it pretty much means you never have better than say A5 here.
    although once we do check back he cant be expecting us to bet the turn much at all, so i think he would lead rather than try and c/r with his semibluff/pure bluffs.
    any history where you had checked back flop with strong hand and it got to showdown? if you had then i like it alot more.
    i cant think of many value hands you can play like this except J9 but i guess you prob cbet it?

• edited August 2010
    look at your line you rep nothing 

if he can hand read at all you'll get called very light

also i'm guessing your stats are vpip and pfr but you're better off posting VP_SB and VP_BB to give a better understand of his range from bb

if this is fulltilt i'd play a few tables of 100nl vs u soon if you're up for it
  • edited August 2010
    ah good, I thought wat the deuce, flop check and rep anything then saw lol and zings posts and yeah 

+1 to them.
  • edited August 2010
    i know i rep very little but if i shove what do you think im getting looked up by? To me it seems like his hand probably isnt very strong here and contains some flush draws/straight draws/air. Just doesnt seem to make sense to me to c/rai turn with his strong hands instead of leading. Am i off here?

i check back strong hands on flop a bit but not really in a spot like like this. Also how often do you expect a random 1/2 player to be taking my line with a bluff? Maybe im underestimating my opponent here i dunno i just feel like i can get average players to fold here if i shove even if i can only have J9/8T.
  • edited August 2010
    any hand your getting called here even with bottom pair imo

as i stated previously only think will get called by a total bluff
  • edited August 2010
    you gave no reads, can he hand read? whats the dynamic like? you could maybe maybe rep 46/ATmbe. other than that if I had a purrr I would be snapping you off!
  • edited August 2010
    if you think his range has more air than value then why shove over rather than raising a little more than minimum which will give you a much better price on the play and do the same thing.