You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Complete Spew, worst call ever!

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Right xx is a regular and isn't spewy or anything, for some reason i have called but looking back this is never a bluff, i put him on AK but thats ridiculous with him going all in. not too bad as only started on table with £12 but still after building it up this sort of silly call is how bad i am at cash
JENPHIL Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £26.02
gwenda1958 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £31.05
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

blackbeltb Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £26.53
xx Call  £1.20 £2.85 £32.25
Ratboy71 Fold     
JENPHIL Fold     
gwenda1958 Fold     
Flop

YOUNG_GUN Bet  £2.85 £5.70 £23.68
xxAll-in  £32.25 £37.95 £0.00
YOUNG_GUN All-in  £23.68 £61.63 £0.00
xx Unmatched bet  £5.72 £55.91 £5.72
YOUNG_GUN Show
  • J
  • J

xxShow
  • Q
  • Q

Turn

River

xxWin Two Pairs, Queens and 2s £54.11  £59.83

Comments

• edited August 2010
    lol it aint that bad m8 I wud do the same.

Which regular? u dnt have to x it out if u arent having a pop at him or giving notes away.

Not sure many of the 3/4 good regs wud play QQ that badly.

pm meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited August 2010

Pm sent dude, i thought u had to xx out regardless?

its pretty bad to be honest, not how he played just my call, i wouldn't put him on set here as cant see someone going all in and not giving someone a chance to catch up or build the pot. has to be overpair or AK, AQ which would be too spewy to call pre and then go all in

im losing to so many hands even though only ones he has played like this could be AA, again coudn't see him flat calling pre with to risky, KK & QQ again didn't think he'd call with. doesn't make sense his line but looking at it with £4 invested surely not worth the call even if he shows 99,88 etc

• edited August 2010
    First off, don't be sitting with £12 at 30nl.
  • edited August 2010
    cowgomoo, i know what you mean but not rolled to sit full. previously this has worked when build up a good roll(took most out), this level suits me best all lower just bad luck and too much luck plays a part in it. i can usually build up well with £12 its just knowing when to quit, i usually get to £30 then i will make a silly call/bets etc i need to stop when i know i should as thats always my downfall about a few hands before this i thought i should stand now but didn't
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Complete Spew, worst call ever!:
    cowgomoo, i know what you mean but not rolled to sit full. previously this has worked when build up a good roll(took most out), this level suits me best all lower just bad luck and too much luck plays a part in it. i can usually build up well with £12 its just knowing when to quit, i usually get to £30 then i will make a silly call/bets etc i need to stop when i know i should as thats always my downfall about a few hands before this i thought i should stand now but didn't
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    then play 10nl untill you are, your just gonna get crushed at 30nl.
  • edited August 2010
    Not bad play. you just got unlucky and ran into a bigger pair
  • edited August 2010
    How is this bad play, you raise gets called, then have an overpair to board bet pot and he goes all in could easily be a draw or A/K 10.
  • edited August 2010
    was this vs me btw, it looks familiar
  • edited August 2010
    no mahony it wasn't think u may of come to table before but didn't stay too long this time

i tink i had a similar hand against you though :P
  • edited August 2010
    Pm sent dude, i thought u had to xx out regardless? its pretty bad to be honest, not how he played just my call, i wouldn't put him on set here as cant see someone going all in and not giving someone a chance to catch up or build the pot. has to be overpair or AK, AQ which would be too spewy to call pre and then go all in im losing to so many hands even though only ones he has played like this could be AA, again coudn't see him flat calling pre with to risky, KK & QQ again didn't think he'd call with. doesn't make sense his line but looking at it with £4 invested surely not worth the call even if he shows 99,88 etc
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    really?

ur like a ~91% fav vs these 2 hands!
  • edited August 2010
    IMO you were unlucky! I would have paid him off for sure.
  • edited August 2010
    I'd fold flop but i'm a massive nit.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Complete Spew, worst call ever! : really? ur like a ~91% fav vs these 2 hands!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    not really shanx, but my point is that 90% of time they wont have them hands so  i still think bad play by myself especially after 2 hours getting that stack but then again at these levels is overpair to the board going to be good in these spots when heads up? whats everyones thoughts