You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Small/Medium Pocket Pairs?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hey all :)
Just wondering how you guys would play small and medium pocket pairs in the latter stages of a tounament with smallish stack? (Say 8-12 Big Blinds)
I always seem to find myself shoving with them in an unopened pot pritty confidently but am petrified to call with them as i always expect them to show an overpair... Is this being toooooo nitty?.
I know alot depends on table dynamics and shizzle but was just wondering what the general consensus was?
Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I think i would have to shove. In them stages of the tournament you have to shove with a small stack. you will be in a race if you are against two over cards but normally the rest of the table will fold.

I always push worth small/medium pair going towards the end of a tourney.

Also it depends on if you want to win or just ladder up. If you want to ladder up you probes fold but if you want to win all-in straight away.
  • edited August 2010
    Your thinking is good.

Jamming 10-15 bbs with pp's is good. Calling a shove with say 33 is poor because we can be dominated, or flipping at best and we have no chance of winning the pot uncontested.

GL at the tables.