You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fold or call river?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
First off a little history on player x.

I've been on the table with him about 45/50 minutes or so to this point & we'd tangled a few times without any hands going to showdown, but one hand in particular from about 20 minutes or so previous to this stuck in my mind. I had JJ UTG & raised 4x to 32p. He called from the SB & the flop came 2d 3h qd. He checked/called my 3/4 pot bet & 2h came on the turn. He checked & I bet out about 2/3 pot when he shoved all in. I had him covered (just) but felt at the time that I had to fold as it's was quite likely he had the Q & had me beat so I never did find out what he had.

Fast forward a few hands & I finally saw one of his hands go to showdown. He'd called a 3x raise pre OTB with K5o & put the OR all in when he flopped his 5.

So now we come to the hand in question.

In general player x has been quite loose & calling wide so with the c/c on the flop it is possible that he had the flush on the turn. The reason I flatted the turn (rightly or wrongly) was simply because given his range there's a good chance that I'm actually ahead here & I felt that there was always a chance to house up on the river. That & the fact that I didn't want to bloat the pot when there's also a chance I could be behind.

So on the river I've got top 2 with possible completed draws on the board. Does anyone ever fold in this spot or is flatting the best option?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.67
 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £5.64
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

silentbob Raise  £0.32 £0.44 £12.41
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
Call  £0.28 £0.72 £8.39
 Call  £0.24 £0.96 £5.40