You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

could I play it better, or one of those things?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
walesboy Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.53
zzzzBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.30
  Your hole cards
  • 6 h
  • 8 c

yyyyCall  £0.04 £0.10 £2.24
xxxx Fold     
vvvv Call  £0.04 £0.14 £5.41
uuuu Fold     
walesboy Call  £0.02 £0.16 £1.51
zzzzCheck     
Flop

• 2 h
  • 6 c
  • 8 d

walesboy Check     
zzzzCheck     
yyyyBet  £0.12 £0.28 £2.12
vvvv Call  £0.12 £0.40 £5.29
walesboy Call  £0.12 £0.52 £1.39
zzzz Fold     
Turn

• K s

walesboy Check     
yyyy Bet  £0.12 £0.64 £2.00
vvvv Fold     
walesboy Raise  £0.24 £0.88 £1.15
yyyyCall  £0.12 £1.00 £1.88
River

• 8 d

walesboy Bet  £0.28 £1.28 £0.87
yyyyRaise  £1.84 £3.12 £0.04
walesboy All-in  £0.87 £3.99 £0.00
yyyyUnmatched bet  £0.69 £3.30 £0.73
walesboy Show
  • 6 h
  • 8 c

yyyy Show
  • K c
  • K h

yyyy Win Full House, Kings and 8s £3.06  £3.79
Opinions please. Normally the "vill" is more agressive when has such a hand.
Should I reraise after the flop rather than just call in case anyone had a picture card or ace?
Snap call on river bet, but should I have thought a bit as he's giving me a hell of a statement.
Of course there were the usual "typical sky" quotes, etc from those not in the hand, but it's one of those things. More interested in if I could play it better,etc.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    One of those things thats just unlucky, you opponent never deserved to win this hand with the play. although in honesty i wouldny make up the 2p at these levels with that kind of hand m8.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    Its a cooler, but you still played it awfully on all streets tbh.

Preflop: fold

Flop: not sure why you're c/cing (guess you're hoping to trap), but at this level you should be betting near pot for value almost every time when you hit top 2 as chances are you will get paid off.

Turn: the check-minraise is also pretty gay, again you should be betting out a lot more for value and you aren't doing a lot to build the pot.

River: obviously you want to get as much money into the pot as possible on this card so betting 28p into a £1 pot is bad, how sick would you feel if he just flats with a hand like KQ?

And also buy in full.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: could I play it better, or one of those things?:
    Its a cooler, but you still played it awfully on all streets tbh. Preflop: fold Flop: not sure why you're c/cing (guess you're hoping to trap), but at this level you should be betting near pot for value almost every time when you hit top 2 as chances are you will get paid off. Turn: the check-minraise is also pretty gay, again you should be betting out a lot more for value and you aren't doing a lot to build the pot. River: obviously you want to get as much money into the pot as possible on this card so betting 28p into a £1 pot is bad, how sick would you feel if he just flats with a hand like KQ? And also buy in full.
    Posted by yb
    Thanks yb
    Was on SB so 2p to call.thought why not.
    Basically your saying bet bigger in these situations, so if bet into then reraise.Maybe all in?
    Had bought in, but lost a couple of hands just before this on the river.
  • edited August 2010
    One of those things thats just unlucky, you opponent never deserved to win this hand with the play. although in honesty i wouldny make up the 2p at these levels with that kind of hand m8.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Thanks Don
    You wouldn't make up the 2p? Small outlay if can get the hidden straight,etc. Bit of a gamble I know.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: could I play it better, or one of those things? : Thanks yb Was on SB so 2p to call.thought why not. Basically your saying bet bigger in these situations, so if bet into then reraise.Maybe all in? Had bought in, but lost a couple of hands just before this on the river.
    Posted by walesboy
    Yeah at this level theres hardly ever any need to trap because most players are passive and like to call bets rather than do the betting themselves. With your stack I don't like c/ring at all actually seeing as you're first to act, I'd just bet around 12p on the flop, 40p on the turn and shove the river, and if you get raised at any stage its happy days.
  • edited August 2010
    pre- fold even though only 2p dont really wanna get involved
    flop bet out, pot roughly maybe 3/4 pot
    turn would look to get as much in as possible
    River always snap call

unlucky really mate, never put him on kings and either way all moneys going in from flop. only way you could get away is pre 2p call, although nitty not worth calling as u need an unbelieveable flop to continue overtime calling sb with terribad hands is - ev, same with bb
  • edited August 2010

I think from this hand it's clear that there's a massive problem/lack of understanding with bet sizing.

U need to think about why you are betting.

The size of the bets aren't even close to what they should be.

Again a problem which will take 2 minutes to fix and boost your win-rate massively.

Big hand = bet bigger. To get yourself paid, not to "get rid of weaker hands" - You get stacked here 100% of the time, even if u play it perfectly (get the money in on the flop) - but the issue of bet sizing will help u out in all future hands.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: could I play it better, or one of those things? : Thanks Don You wouldn't make up the 2p? Small outlay if can get the hidden straight,etc. Bit of a gamble I know.
    Posted by walesboy
    Nope even for it, its not worth it.

The odds of it are minimal and it wont happen.

Anyways, i didnt really see ur bet sizing before and everyone has said its a little off so i looked back and you where betting far too small for the level.