You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Show Down!!

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Last night several times on the River early on especially certain players had asked on the River to see their opponents cards when they showed their hands for the winning hand and the opponent mucked face down. Now I know that they have every right to see the losing hand if they so wish but I have always been brought up that if my opponent mucks I just scoop the pot and never ask him/her to reveal their hands. In most places I have played I have only ever come across someone insisting to see the losing hand in every pot. I am starting a poll to see what the concensous is in this matter -

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Dylan this is one thing that im bad for. Online ill check the HH as it does say in there, however Live i almost always ask if i dont know how the opponent plays.

Although i seen one showdown at a live game last week. Checked down to river, as the last player checks the first player says i have A high, but doesnt show, all the cards got mucked, i couldnt believe my eyes/
  • edited August 2010

Ill check the HH if i want to see what people called me with. If i have the loosing hand, or if i get to river and have to fold, some times ill ask to see there hand, But very rarly.

If they dont show... they dont show. Im not gonna make a fuss over it.

• edited August 2010
    I dont ask and I dont show....why would anyone give free info like that so other players can get free notes on how to play you better?!! If the wanna see my hand they have to pay to see :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Show Down!!:
    I dont ask and I dont show....why would anyone give free info like that so other players can get free notes on how to play you better?!! If the wanna see my hand they have to pay to see :)
    Posted by BananaDog
    i thought thats what Dylan was referring to, if yuoud already paid you sahow and they muck.
  • edited August 2010

If you call you can see the other player(s) cards if you wish. If Im playing a player I believe is a bluffer I do sometimes call to see his cards... if I call for this reason I want to see both his cards because I have paid for it even if I win the hand.

As is quite often said "If you want to know call!"

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Show Down!!:
    Last night several times on the River early on especially certain players had asked on the River to see their opponents cards when they showed their hands for the winning hand and the opponent mucked face down. Now I know that they have every right to see the losing hand if they so wish but I have always been brought up that if my opponent mucks I just scoop the pot and never ask him/her to reveal their hands. In most places I have played I have only ever come across someone insisting to see the losing hand in every pot. I am starting a poll to see what the concensous is in this matter -
    Posted by dylan12
    Don't be bleeding NOSEY, you're beat,you're beat ;)   Kind regards
  • edited August 2010
    ahhh i see what u mean now Don...in that case i have no idea...whats the norm? Are they allowed to muck it? Do they have to show if they are asked...is that part of the rules for a live game?
    I've never played live so wouldnt know....
  • edited August 2010
    I do ask to see their cards if i'm really puzzled as to what they had, generally i'm just happy to rake the pot, but quite often you can read what kind of hand they had as people playing live give away so many tells.

A little tip if some1 on your table wants to see all the hands, and you get into a showdown with them and u see you have lost, throw your cards into the "Muck" (all the folded cards), once your cards hit that they are not allowed to ask to see your hand as already folded cards could be shown by accident. ... Naughty, but hey thats poker.
  • edited August 2010
    I never knew you could insist on seeing their cards live, I always just assumed if the opponent mucked on the river after you show them the winner that it was their right to and you couldn't see them.