You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LOSE MONEY ON FREEROLLS

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
AS SKY LIKE A BIT OF FEEDBACK -

REBUYS AND ADD ONS RECENTLY ADDED INTO THE FREEROLL GAMES MEANS TO ME THAT THEY CAN NOT FAIRLY BE CALLED "A FREEROLL"

"A FREEROLL WITH A DISADVANTAGE" 

IT COULD BE CALLED, AS IF LIKE MYSELF YOU TREAT IT AS A FREROLL AND DONT REBUY OR ADD ON - YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ON A LEVEL PLAYIN FIELD

YOU CAN PROBABLY GUESS THAT I AM SAYING THIS AS I SLIP DOWN THE LEADERBOARD ON THE FIRST BREAK WITH PPL ADDING ON

WOULD YOU AGREE SKY MODS AND PLAYERS ON THESE GAMES AND RE-THINK TAKING RE-BUYS OUT OF FREEROLLS?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I watched someone tonight get stacked just before the hour, rebuy into the small blind then rebuy again. He then did 2 add-ons in the break, so he's spent at least £4 to be where he is and needs to finish top 10 to break even with 15 big blinds and 643 players left in the game. (he finished outside the top 400)

Let them put their money in the pot, and if you lose to one of them just walk away. simples.
  • edited August 2010
    Tbh who cares? i do see your point mp33 but sky are not 'silly' and have realised that a freeroll doesnt have to be completely free eh m8?
  • edited August 2010

The only ones being hurt by this are those which harding describes,

I hope this sky promotion has brought in a big influx of players. I also hope it's not some players first experience of online poker because after they've sat down and done the maths (as in hardings example) they might just walk away for good ......and also tell their mates not to bother.

Having said that I've played in as many as I can with no rebuys and have reached the freezeout segment in most of them - they've been very entertaining and I think I've just about scraped a tenner together all told.

For selfish reasons I hope sky try this again some time. By my reckoning though the rebuy fodder have only covered about 60/65% of the outley (a VERY rough guess that) so the whole shabang will stil hit the suits for a few grand I reckon.

If they really want to show Sky Poker and its community at its very best to newcomers then more events like Team Poker are the way to go; nothing but the best of goodwill came from that week.

You can't fault the Sky team for trying out new ideas though. Some other sites I play on never come up with anything remotely interesting to attract the newbie/micro end of the market. I guess they feel they don't have to bother.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: LOSE MONEY ON FREEROLLS:
    The only ones being hurt by this are those which harding describes, I hope this sky promotion has brought in a big influx of players. I also hope it's not some players first experience of online poker because after they've sat down and done the maths (as in hardings example) they might just walk away for good ......and also tell their mates not to bother. Having said that I've played in as many as I can with no rebuys and have reached the freezeout segment in most of them - they've been very entertaining and I think I've just about scraped a tenner together all told. For selfish reasons I hope sky try this again some time. By my reckoning though the rebuy fodder have only covered about 60/65% of the outley (a VERY rough guess that) so the whole shabang will stil hit the suits for a few grand I reckon. If they really want to show Sky Poker and its community at its very best to newcomers then more events like Team Poker are the way to go; nothing but the best of goodwill came from that week. You can't fault the Sky team for trying out new ideas though. Some other sites I play on never come up with anything remotely interesting to attract the newbie/micro end of the market. I guess they feel they don't have to bother.
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    +1 well said
  • edited August 2010
    This is so true because in one freeroll normally you get about 100 buy ins and that is 100 more places in the cash.
    I would never  add on or re buy because the money is not good enough and if you do finish in the cash you might not get your 50p bak.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: LOSE MONEY ON FREEROLLS:
    I watched someone tonight get stacked just before the hour, rebuy into the small blind then rebuy again. He then did 2 add-ons in the break, so he's spent at least £4 to be where he is and needs to finish top 10 to break even with 15 big blinds and 643 players left in the game. (he finished outside the top 400) Let them put their money in the pot, and if you lose to one of them just walk away. simples.
    Posted by harding10
    I was playing in the £500 freeroll yesterday and a player on my table did 3 rebuys for a total of £3. To break even this player would of had to finish in the top 20. Is it me or does it not make any sense at all to rebuy? Treat it as a freeroll and enjoy the freebie that sky are offering.

I made the mistake of commenting to this player that he will end up losing money as it will be very hard for him to cover his stake. He replied that i was a *etard. Safe to say i didnt bother chatting anymore.
  • edited August 2010
    I made the mistake of commenting to this player that he will end up losing money as it will be very hard for him to cover his stake. He replied that i was a *etard. Safe to say i didnt bother chatting anymore.
    Posted by drvod1968

LOL - what can you do? Players like him/her crack me up -  I ended up cashing for 50p

I wasn,t having a go at Sky and do think the £500 FR is a good offer. I realise they have to come up with new promotions as do all other sites to get new players and keep existing ones.

Anwyway the "FR festival" is almost over and Sky will have to look at more stuff for the coming months as i,m surre they are already  doing.

Its been very  popular on other sites, but I havent seen it on Sky yet, and could also prove cheaper to Sky in "Additional money to pots festival Month "

example :    £5 + .50 buy in "£100 added to pot" 

£10 + £1 buy in "200 or 250 added to pot"

and for lower stakes £2 - £30 or 50 added       --If these were on at decent times I,d play and I think could prove very popular on this site. Maybe put the £10 one on tele.

I haven,t seen any replies from Sky Mods on this thread yet. One would be interseting . Thx  
  • edited August 2010
    Just don`t re-buy or add on.
    Never have never will.
    Got to 23rd(2.50)in one £500.
    Also cashed in one other,not much but hey,
    it cost me nothing.
    THANK YOU SKY POKER
    FOR ALL OF YOUR FREEROLLS.
  • edited August 2010
    They are free? if you want them to be.