You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BOUNTY HUNTER TOURNAMENTS SPLIT POTS

Like to play in Bounty Hunters but have found to my cost that they are heavyly weighted in the big stacks favour in that I played against an all in with another player also calling to check the hand down to a split pot between myself and the chip leader as we had same hand and we knocked out the all in player. I got half the pot but he got all the BOUNTY WHY ?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    The person with the largest chip stack is said to have taken the bounty.  Pretty standard in this sort of tournament I think 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to BOUNTY HUNTER TOURNAMENTS SPLIT POTS:
    Like to play in Bounty Hunters but have found to my cost that they are heavyly weighted in the big stacks favour in that I played against an all in with another player also calling to check the hand down to a split pot between myself and the chip leader as we had same hand and we knocked out the all in player. I got half the pot but he got all the BOUNTY WHY ?
    Posted by ACEPLACE
    Thats bad, it should be split equally.

Long Live The Short Stack.
  • edited August 2010
    no i disagree i think the large stack should take down the bounty it's always been like this and hopefully WILL always be this way. The reason why the large stack takes the bounty down is because all your chips are in the middle but the large stack isn't which means he has more control of the pot surely
  • edited August 2010

Certainly the rule in live poker is that if two stacks split the pot and the pot is not even then then larger stack takes the extra chip, it is the same principal here and IMO is the correct one.