You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is the fold correct?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
tricky one there!!

i hate seing an ace when i have kk!!

id of called turn maybe then fold to a big bet prob.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    X had played very few hands and range was only premium hands, was the fold correct? I feel I should have folded the flop bet.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xSmall blind  £0.05 £0.05 £28.70
    XxSuzieQxX Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £18.56
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

NDL Call  £0.10 £0.25 £3.07
    PIVA Fold     
    waynecure Raise  £0.50 £0.75 £31.70
    xCall  £0.45 £1.20 £28.25
    XxSuzieQxX Fold     
    NDL Fold     
    Flop

• A

Bet  £0.60 £1.80 £27.65
    waynecure Call  £0.60 £2.40 £31.10
    Turn

Bet  £1.20 £3.60 £26.45
    waynecure Fold     
    xMuck     
    xWin  £2.22  £28.67
    Return  £1.20 £0.18 £29.87
  • edited August 2010
    correct laydown in my opinion. Although not an easy one to make.
  • edited August 2010
    he could easily have QQ, JJ, 10,10 and still play the same imo

likely to have an ace and he hasn't exactly bet big so i would call and re-assess the river, depends on how much he bets river whether we're calling but just because there is an ace out doesn't mean they have it regardless how tight they are
  • edited August 2010
    Why would he limp QQ-10 10 then flat call a raise, then donk half pot on the flop when the ace hits? If we can be 90% sure of some hands that he doesn't have, its probably them.
  • edited August 2010
    well my thoughts are with only one overpair to those cards he could be making the same play, i see your point buy he could be trying for a bit of value all the way through, board not very scary equally he could have an ace but im calling due to odds, 1 could still have showdown value 2 if behind can always hit another king, just feel a bit weak just folding here although likely x has an ace still feel worth the call and re-evaluate but each to their own hey
  • edited August 2010
    i always try to remember that it easier to lose your whole stack with kings than it is to win someone else's, when it comes down to it, its only a pair.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Is the fold correct?:
    Why would he limp QQ-10 10 then flat call a raise, then donk half pot on the flop when the ace hits? If we can be 90% sure of some hands that he doesn't have, its probably them.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    They were in the SB so I acted first, was the the first hand they had played in SB.
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't fold the flop to half pot lead. once he bets the turn I'd fold though so wp.
  • edited August 2010
    well my thoughts are with only one overpair to those cards he could be making the same play, i see your point buy he could be trying for a bit of value all the way through, board not very scary equally he could have an ace but im calling due to odds, 1 could still have showdown value 2 if behind can always hit another king, just feel a bit weak just folding here although likely x has an ace still feel worth the call and re-evaluate but each to their own hey
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Maybe I should have made a reraise on the flop, ask a question! If they just called Im no wiser and may have to call bets on every street as this player always bet max half the pot so priced in, if they shoved its an easy fold.  I had a gut feeling was an under pair and possible a probing bet but as I told you the other day just had a bad run with KK/AA so may have been a bit to cautious.
  • edited August 2010
    i always try to remember that it easier to lose your whole stack with kings than it is to win someone else's, when it comes down to it, its only a pair.
    Posted by TopTopGun
    Correct!!! Just had a bad run with AA/KK getting cracked so the A really worried me as it beat my KK just as easy as it does 22 which is an easy fold.
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't fold the flop to half pot lead. once he bets the turn I'd fold though so wp.
    Posted by beaneh
    Maybe I should have reraised on the flop???? so not sure that well played.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Is the fold correct? : Maybe I should have made a reraise on the flop, ask a question! If they just called Im no wiser and may have to call bets on every street as this player always bet max half the pot so priced in, if they shoved its an easy fold.  I had a gut feeling was an under pair and possible a probing bet but as I told you the other day just had a bad run with KK/AA so may have been a bit to cautious.
    Posted by waynecure

exactly my thoughts dude, did think thats reason why u folded it not worse fold i just think the other person could easily be bluffing here as if stronger would bet  more 9/10 by this spot, could have a smaller pp i reckon personally but if you called here as well as giving yourself other ways to win you could narrow his range down even further

although that said im not the best at cash so maybe thats my problem
  • edited August 2010

Everyone could say it was a good fold however at no point did u ask him what he had with a bet, when you flat called the flop he prob thought u didnt hit or if u did u where hiding ur hand hence the higher bet on the turn from him. I think u should of re raised the flop and found out if he had the ace. If u did re raise the flop he would not be able to call on any hand but trips or a ace with a high kicker. For example if he had ace 2 and u re raised that flop he would put u on an ace and he would know ur kicker is better! So to be honest even an ace is foldable at this point. At the end of the day however its one hand u didnt lose big and u can move on to the next hand and clean him out but bluffing is very common especially from players who dont read the game that well. One mored thing aswell when u say he only played a few premium hands and moved with this hand it may of been he had qq jj 10 10 or sumin along them lines and didnt want to give them up.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Is the fold correct? : Maybe I should have reraised on the flop???? so not sure that well played.
    Posted by waynecure

definitely not, you played it right imo.
  • edited August 2010
    Everyone could say it was a good fold however at no point did u ask him what he had with a bet, when you flat called the flop he prob thought u didnt hit or if u did u where hiding ur hand hence the higher bet on the turn from him. I think u should of re raised the flop and found out if he had the ace. If u did re raise the flop he would not be able to call on any hand but trips or a ace with a high kicker. For example if he had ace 2 and u re raised that flop he would put u on an ace and he would know ur kicker is better! So to be honest even an ace is foldable at this point. At the end of the day however its one hand u didnt lose big and u can move on to the next hand and clean him out but bluffing is very common especially from players who dont read the game that well. One mored thing aswell when u say he only played a few premium hands and moved with this hand it may of been he had qq jj 10 10 or sumin along them lines and didnt want to give them up.
    Posted by Batkin88
    That is a question I have asked should I have reraised the flop bet as I feel it may have been a mistake... but have received a mixed reaction to this question.