You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

omaha question for talon.

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hi as you know this was my first try at omaha cash!!!!

what are your views on how i played this??

i have no idea on hand values here!!!

it seemed like a good flop for me.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Big blind   £0.04 £0.04 £7.59
jollyboy1 Big blind   £0.04 £0.08 £3.96
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q
  • A

wba157 Call   £0.04 £0.12 £5.94
donkeyplop Raise   £0.12 £0.24 £1.67
jollyboy1 Call   £0.08 £0.32 £3.88
DOHHHHHHH Fold        
The_Don90 Call   £0.08 £0.40 £7.51
wba157 Call   £0.08 £0.48 £5.86
Flop

• A

The_Don90 Check        
wba157 Check        
donkeyplop Bet   £0.48 £0.96 £1.19
jollyboy1 Call   £0.48 £1.44 £3.40
The_Don90 Fold        
wba157 Fold        
Turn

donkeyplop Bet   £0.72 £2.16 £0.47
jollyboy1 Raise   £1.44 £3.60 £1.96
donkeyplop All-in   £0.47 £4.07 £0.00
jollyboy1 Unmatched bet   £0.25 £3.82 £2.21
donkeyplop Show
  • A
  • Q
  • A

jollyboy1 Show

River

jollyboy1 Win Four 3s £3.54   £5.75

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Talon gave me a bit of advice when I stumbled into an Omaha game with him,  When calculating your outs only use the outs that give, or get you as close as you can, to the nuts 

You had Trip Aces and were drawing to one of the nut flush.  With a paired board I would have been nervous about the flush 

Post Flop you still had the nuts, you bet aggressively, as you should and got called

The turn put a straight on the board and he came over the top but by that time you were pretty much pot committed 

He lucked out on the River.

I'm by no means an expert at any type of Poker, but the only thing I can see that might have been differently is for you to go all in after the Flop.

Hope my ramblings are of some use to you, even if only to show how not to play it lol
  • edited August 2010
    He cud not go all in on flop as its PL, IMO the flop gave you a good draw flush and FH if board paired. No offence to the other player but I have played with him and he over rates PPs and sets and he was lucky this time. UL m8!
  • edited August 2010
    'donkey, u played fine from my eyes, maybe turn bet pot not half and call there all in was very unlucky there you had a few draws a much better hand then your oppo and they hit their miracle card. keep playing this way and getting the cards and your be laughing
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: omaha question for talon.:
    He cud not go all in on flop as its PL, 
    Posted by waynecure

How did you know that... Gasp     Or am I missing something obvious here ;o)

• edited August 2010
    in short they had 2 outs 4 hearts & the case 3, you had any heart other then 4, any paired board etc had him crushed very unlucky dude
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: omaha question for talon. : How did you know that... Gasp     Or am I missing something obvious here ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    Same here!! unless he is psychic lol
  • edited August 2010
      Ok .

Preflop: dont mind the raise but realise that youhave only an average hand.
      Flop: You have the nuts and the second nut flush redraw so the pot bet is spot on.
      Turn: Bit of a scare card but only if you were called by the full wrap straight draw which is unlikely. A half pot bet shows weakness which induced the raise.So as far as that is concerned it worked well for you but i would have preferred a pot bet there.Also brings potential flush draws so would like you to have bet them out.

Net result. Your opponent called a pot size bet on the river a mile behind.On the turn your weak lead out gave him the odds he needed after picking up the flush redraw.

You played it very well apart from the weakness on the turn and you just got very unlucky. If you increase the turn bet to pot size then this is a winning play over time so keep it going and unlucky mate.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: omaha question for talon. : How did you know that... Gasp     Or am I missing something obvious here ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    I play these tables and these players play PLO! And if you can find a NLO game in cash on this site at this level please post it. Gasp and gasp again as not hard to work out and would put money on it being a PLO game sure donkeyplop can confirm.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: omaha question for talon. : I play these tables and these players play PLO! And if you can find a NLO game in cash on this site at this level please post it. Gasp and gasp again as not hard to work out and would put money on it being a PLO game sure donkeyplop can confirm.
    Posted by waynecure

Bideford Table...... 4/2p NL Omaha  5 players now playing.  But I get your point,  many more PLO games on the go