You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll management plan opinions please

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
OK as many of you guys know i sucked lost most of my bankroll and then last night went on a heater to rebuild it.

OK so ive forulated a plan and i would like opinions please, Now i dont really want to play NL4 again. So below is the rough plan.

Currently £115.38 is the bankroll however i am in a £2 DYM while i type so its actually £117.62. But if i fail to cash (which i hope i dont) the origional amount is correct. If i cash £119.38 is where ill be.

Ok so plan.

Right,

£120 - £5 DYMs, sats/MTT and NL8 cash. (mostly NL8)

Work way to £150 then - NL10 cash.

Work on that till further notice,

Does this sound fair enough, or should i stick to NL8 till i get to £200 (if i ever get here)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    They reckon £200 for 10nl I believe which = 10x buy-ins at this level

Sure someone will say I am wrong but its what I work to.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bankroll management plan opinions please:
    They reckon £200 for 10nl I believe which = 10x buy-ins at this level Sure someone will say I am wrong but its what I work to.
    Posted by waynecure
    Ill only buy in for £10 at NL10 if im going to buy in for £20 id just do NL20
  • edited August 2010
    rather than trying to implement a very strict br, just always play within your means and move up/DROP DOWN whenever YOUR BR REQUIRES not when you feel like it!
  • edited August 2010
    i think 120 quid is adequate for nl8, but try and build to 200 for nl10.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bankroll management plan opinions please : Ill only buy in for £10 at NL10 if im going to buy in for £20 id just do NL20
    Posted by The_Don90
    Myself think you should buy in for max then you can win the max.... if you cant afford to loss the max believe you should go down to a level you can buy in for max.

IMO m8
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks Neons that was the kind of reponse i was looking for, i dont want to blow my roll again, im now at £121.13 having a break day today.

Also Wayne, i would agree on the norm, but on the NL10/NL20 equasion, i was to play NL10 to get to NL20. As a result i want to also be used to 100BB rather than 200BB, NL10 i believe is the only level where the max is more than 100BB except for the master cash tables.

So effictivley in my mind i am buying in for the max.
  • edited August 2010
    100bb is a full buy in I believe.

I've questioned the whole buy in thing at NL10 for ages cos quite frankly I find it absolutely ridiculous that you can buy in this big at this level. Plus I also think it affects the game play as well
  • edited August 2010
    100bb is a full buy in I believe. I've questioned the whole buy in thing at NL10 for ages cos quite frankly I find it absolutely ridiculous that you can buy in this big at this level. Plus I also think it affects the game play as well
    Posted by silentbob
    I agree 100% with this Bob good point m8
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bankroll management plan opinions please : I agree 100% with this Bob good point m8
    Posted by waynecure
    +1.

• edited August 2010
    One thing you shouldn't do is play NL20 when NL4 is going bad. ;)
  • edited August 2010
    out of curiousity, why do u ask 4 advice, and then go n play nl30?
  • edited August 2010
    out of curiousity, why do u ask 4 advice, and then go n play nl30?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I was shorting on a mastercash table. Playing with profit of that day. I just wanted a winning hand on the telle once i got it i stood up.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Bankroll management plan opinions please:
    OK as many of you guys know i sucked lost most of my bankroll and then last night went on a heater to rebuild it. OK so ive forulated a plan and i would like opinions please, Now i dont really want to play NL4 again. So below is the rough plan. Currently £115.38 is the bankroll however i am in a £2 DYM while i type so its actually £117.62. But if i fail to cash (which i hope i dont) the origional amount is correct. If i cash £119.38 is where ill be. Ok so plan. Right, £120 - £5 DYMs, sats/MTT and NL8 cash. (mostly NL8) Work way to £150 then - NL10 cash. Work on that till further notice, Does this sound fair enough, or should i stick to NL8 till i get to £200 (if i ever get here)
    Posted by The_Don90
    I personally have found playing the lower limit DYM's to be, shall we say 'aquarium' like, and poker being the beast it can be, get called on every raise and players chasing cards, eg you've raise 5x with pocket K's and get called by A rag off, flop comes no A in sight, you bet pot or all in and get called with a 'nothing' hand which hits the A on the turn or river.
    Try the £5 and £10 dyms', the quality of play is a higher because of the the amount lost or gained.. £2 doesn't even buy a pint nowadays.. so has no real value attached to it. Also with dym's be more choosey about what hands you play,,  fold more often and let the others knock each other out, you will also find that by folding more often, when you do call and make a re-raise, the rest of the table will respect the raise and 9/10 fold, slowly building your pot. After all you only need to finish 3rd to cash, so why play it like tournie?
    As far as the cash tables go, limit your buy in to one max (£30 on the 15-30p), play that with no top ups, again choose hands carefully, if you hit a good run and double up, leave the table, and the same applies if you lose your original stake, do not reload and go chasing. We all make that mistake from time to time, and end up back at square one. Also if you feel like you are on tilt, play one table at a time, don't multi table... it's better to gain a little than lose the lot and stick to where you feel comfortable playing, the higher the stakes the more experienced the players, dont play out of your depth... hope this helps...good luck at the tables
    P.S satelites are ok, and a cheap way to enter a major tournie, but use the direct sats where you have more chance of getting through to the main event.
  • edited August 2010
    Larry i agree. With DYMs i prefer the £5 and £3 level. The £11 players are a little more clever and like me try to fold to bubble then open shove with a decent range/
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bankroll management plan opinions please : I was shorting on a mastercash table. Playing with profit of that day. I just wanted a winning hand on the telle once i got it i stood up.
    Posted by The_Don90
    lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bankroll management plan opinions please : lol
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I know im an idiot. On the plus side i left with a £7 profit, which im currently using in a primo sat,