You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help :(

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
i do fairly well at at lower sit and go's but i got bored of winning low amounts so i tried to go to bigger sit and go's, double your money and heads up around (£11, and £16.50) and i never seem to win, am i not good enough for that level?? what do i do

Comments

• edited August 2010
    You have to accept the fact that the bigger the stake the better the players. Albeit that's not always the case, particularly with SNG's

Try this.

Pick your starting level, say £2.20 DYM's  If you win three in a row, move up to the next level, if you win 3 in a row at this level move up again.  The minute you lose won move back a level.  This way you wont move up a level until you have increased your bank roll enough to cover the cost of the higher level.

Just an idea 

• edited August 2010
    At the £11 or £16.50 levels, play is a lot tighter in DYMs. You need a lot of patience.Only play premium hands for first few levels, until BB gets to 150.Dont worry if your stack dwindles down to 1500 . When you do make a move, make it decisive, raise 3BB minimum. The top players get through these without ever going to a showdown.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: help :(:
    At the £11 or £16.50 levels , play is a lot tighter in DYMs. You need a lot of patience.Only play premium hands for first few levels, until BB gets to 150.Dont worry if your stack dwindles down to 1500 . When you do make a move, make it decisive , raise 3BB minimum . The top players get through these without ever going to a showdown.
    Posted by penguin7

Thanks for that Tony,  Great advice indeed.  I will take that on board £11 DYM, watch out ;o)