You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker rules

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
hi tikay and all.... please please could you tell me the rule on live game poker  " playing out of turn ie betting or going all-in when you do not see the cards infront of the player next to act.. iv heard so many different rules or rules my pals think but im sure they dont know them there self ... would be great if this Q. could be sorted out

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Don't do it .  I think that pretty much covers it.  Pearls of Poker Wisdom from the JockMeister.  

Copyright JockBMW Publications 
  • edited August 2010
    The simple answer is there aren't any official rules of poker. When disagreements occur in tournaments its up to the tournament director to make a ruling, which may or may not be the same at differing venues. mostly its just common sense, and if you don't like the way a tourney is managed, pick another venue!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: poker rules:
    The simple answer is there aren't any official rules of poker. When disagreements occur in tournaments its up to the tournament director to make a ruling, which may or may not be the same at differing venues. mostly its just common sense, and if you don't like the way a tourney is managed, pick another venue!
    Posted by loonytoons
    god  you sound so authoritative ,

are you sure your a loony ?
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldnt worry about it, just say sorry and the game continues, no one really kicks up a big fuss about it
  • edited August 2010
    Iqn Response to poker rules:
    hi tikay and all.... please please could you tell me the rule on live game poker  " playing out of turn ie betting or going all-in when you do not see the cards infront of the player next to act.. iv heard so many different rules or rules my pals think but im sure they dont know them there self ... would be great if this Q. could be sorted out
    Posted by SHAGWELL
    1) The bet stands - COME WHAT MAY. If the player(s) who have yet to act then makes an aggressive action (Bets, shoves, whatever) the OOT bet MUST STAND. No good saying "I never knew it was OOT". BET STANDS.

2) A time penalty may be imposed for that or any subsequent offences. A further offence may result in disqualification.

In adddition, it is extremely bad etiquette so to do, it's extremely "not done", & very much frowned upon. It's almost always done by "Internet players", or eejits wearing headphones who are not paying attention.

Live Poker & Internet poker are quite different animals.
  • edited August 2010
    i have a question along the same lines ........if i may ................. a friendly game that i play in regularly ,has a player there ,that keeps going all in BLIND every now and then ,and openly says so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have no problems with this ,its just a bit of fun ,on a sunday afternoon for a couple of quid........but i just wonderered what the house rules were ,if he announced it to the dealer in a card room ?????? thanks rosie
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: poker rules:
    i have a question along the same lines ........if i may ................. a friendly game that i play in regularly ,has a player there ,that keeps going all in BLIND every now and then ,and openly says so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have no problems with this ,its just a bit of fun ,on a sunday afternoon for a couple of quid........but i just wonderered what the house rules were ,if he announced it to the dealer in a card room ?????? thanks rosie
    Posted by ROSEYELLOW
    Hi Rosie,

He can say what he wants, to whom he wants. However, ss the Rules go, he should ONLY say it when it his "him to act", but in reality, nobody would ever challenge him or call for a Ruling (though the Dealer might), because the ploy is so exploitable.
  • edited August 2010
    why i asked was every 2-3 weeks we play a £20 buy in. and i had a pocket pair an raised and my mate called but to which i thought he had raised cause the amount of chips he was put in , so i called all in which was out of postion to which i did not mean too. the pot was rather big .. So my pal humpt an moaned about it, sayin i took the poistion of play away from him an he was wanting to bet,,, which i do agree so in the end the pot was checked down and i hit a flush lol an he would of bein stung .. i then went on to win the game ...
    but he tells me that when he was at glasgow at that sky poker tourny if that happened up there my hand was binned and he said he saw it happen but surely that can not be ... maybe a warning at the most ...