You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5p/10p and 10p/20p

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Why do both of these cash tables have the same maximum buy in even though there different levels ? puzzles the life out of me

Comments

• edited August 2010
    yeah and why does 2/4p have a £10 max buy in?

• edited August 2010
    2p/4p is £4 maximum isn't it ?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p and 10p/20p:
    2p/4p is £4 maximum isn't it ?
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    theres a couple of deepstack tables where you allowed a tenner
  • edited August 2010
    Some of the TV tables let you load more too, good question I have wondered this myself.
  • edited August 2010
    I hope somebody from SKY can enlighten us on this, surely its a mistake ?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to 5p/10p and 10p/20p:
    Why do both of these cash tables have the same maximum buy in even though there different levels ? puzzles the life out of me
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    You're right Gav.

It was mentioned on the Mastercash progam before. I can't remember the reason but the max for 5/10 is indeed £20. Which is x200bbs rather than the usual 100xbb. I was kinda wanting to start my cash career on 5/10 too. Kinda puts me off. Don't understand it either.
  • edited August 2010
    yeah and why does 2/4p have a £10 max buy in?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Don't think that's true. Is it?
  • edited August 2010
    Some of the TV tables let you load more too, good question I have wondered this myself.
    Posted by waynecure
    Really? Hmm. I'm no cash expert (yet) but this is now quite an intersting thread as I'm planning playing real poker shortly.
  • edited August 2010
    Its confusing because if your a nl8 player and are working your way to level up, the maximium buy in for nl10 is £20 which is the same as nl20 you need the same bankroll to play nl10 as you do nl20.

It really doesnt make sence, it should be changed surely ?
  • edited August 2010
    Its confusing because if your a nl8 player and are working your way to level up, the maximium buy in for nl10 is £20 which is the same as nl20 you need the same bankroll to play nl10 as you do nl20. It really doesnt make sence, it should be changed surely ?
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    i could be wrong but I'm sure it's only the nl10 (does that mean 5p/10p) table that this happens at. I'm sure it was Trevor I saw discussing it on Mastercash and for the life of me I don't understand it either.

SKKKYYYYYYYY???????

I'll maybe PM Sky-Rich tomorrow to find out. He's usually pretty good at giving answers. Or I might e-mail it into tomorrow's Mastercash program? Yes, that's a better idea. If I remember. I'm well drunk. Again.
  • edited August 2010
    just always buy in for 100bbs
  • edited August 2010
    I've wondered this in the past here.  I never got an answer either.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p and 10p/20p : Don't think that's true. Is it?
    Posted by bandini

yeah have a look.

there is one table with a £10 max buyin
  • edited August 2010
     £10 Max Buy In 1£0.02/£0.04NL0/10£0.74
  • edited August 2010
    just always buy in for 100bbs
    Posted by beaneh
    And be bullied by 200bbs?

Come on beaneh. Giddens ripped you a new one regarding AK the other night. You're wrong here too ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    What did Giddens say about AK?
  • edited August 2010
    What did Giddens say about AK?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Eh. I'll try to remember. I think it was when they were showing cash. I think it was sam1986 taht went all-in pre with AK (I missed if he called or shoved).

Ed said that AK was only A high. He said it was a powerful hand for many occasions but not for shoving with, what I think Sam had, 100 bbs. It was only 2/1 to hit at best even if it wasn't dominated. I concured entirely.

Beaneh, as much as I like his stuff on The Clinic, had a polarly opposite view. He reckoned, and I've noticed him saying this quite often on The Clinic, that he'd need to be paralysed before he wouldn't risk his stack with AK.

Have to say I'm not that big of a fan of AK in that situ either.

Poker's all opinions though.

Thoughts?
  • edited August 2010

ThIn Response to Re: 5p/10p and 10p/20p:
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p and 10p/20p : And be bullied by 200bbs? Come on beaneh. Giddens ripped you a new one regarding AK the other night. You're wrong here too ;-)
    Posted by bandini
    This is sound advice from beaneh imo.  When I was grinding 10nl, I would always buyin for 100bbs.  I considered it an advantage that there was a 200bb max as you would get more players with bigger stacks. If ppl at 10nl with 200bbs are bullying, they are generally playing a bad game and you should be able to capitalise on this.
    This though brings up the argument of `well, if you can capitalise then you should buy in full`.  It is a fair point, but if you want to go through the levels, then jumping from an £8 buyin to a £20 buyin can seem a bit drastic.  Buy in for £10, when ur br increases you could buyin for £12 or £15 or whatever you want. 
    Personally, if I was buying in for £20, I would just go straight to 20nl.

The only gripe I had with the 200bb max at 10nl was the fact that when I wanted to top up a table, I had to manually type the amount in, and just couldnt hit `maximum` button.  It can be a pain when multitabling.

gl