You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chatbox Abuse - Have you noticed a recent increase. (Mainly on the August Freerolls)

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi,I would like to know if the forum players think there has been a recent increase in chat box abuse.

I have been playing on SkyPoker for nine months now and never been subjected to chat box abuse before, however, over a few days last weekend I was subjected to it twice and both times for no reason at all, other than wining a hand,
 all previous chat on the MTT Freeroll tables was typical, nh, wp, lol etc.
It was also brought-up on last weekends show by Tikay saying he was subjected to it the night before.

Not wishing to let these situations go by without some kind of response,
I
enquired if they were acquainted with a former Skypoker player with a Geographical/Nautical Moniker.(I wonder why this player is no longer registered on find-a-player, lol).
Both Villains were baffled at first, by my question, then the penny dropped and they shut-up.

I would just like to know the Forum players views and reactions, and how best to deal with this subject.

Red_King

Comments

• edited August 2010

sticks and stones..

• edited August 2010
    just ignore UNLESS THERE OVER TOP then report them, the general mouthy one`s are those without a bankkroll, but in general 99% are decent, respectful players,
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    I love being on the end of abuse because usually it means I'm winning some monies.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Chatbox Abuse - Have you noticed a recent increase. (Mainly on the August Freerolls):
    I love being on the end of abuse because usually it means I'm winning some monies.
    Posted by yb
    MY view too... well said sir
  • edited August 2010
    Normally I will ignore this kind of chat, but if it persists they I would always report them to customer services. Fortunately this is something that I rarely come across.
  • edited August 2010
    Tbh as long as it stays like banter I really enjoy it, eases the bordom slightly and it's funny how they soon shut up once they get some back. (no swearing though)
  • edited August 2010
    Hey

We take chatbox abuse seriously here at Sky Poker, please report the abuser to Customer Care, they have a copy of the chatbox, and will take the appropriate action.

Thank you.

Sky Mod
  • edited August 2010
    Ignore is the best option UNLESS it is OTT then its an insta report
  • edited August 2010
    there only words in a box whats god damned words shouldnt hurt anyone and if u dont like words turn your chat off thats what i got told by customer care once
  • edited August 2010
    Feel free to use this when being abused in the chat box

" I am so Sorry for having taken the majority of your chips.  I can tell, despite the size of your chip stack, that you are a very talented player.   And generous as well, judging by the amount of free advice you have been dishing out tonite.  

I am sorry if my style of play is in anyway annoying to you, it's just that being so fabulously wealthy, I sometime forget how much money means to some people "

Once you've posted that,  quickly type the following before he can replay

"this guy is a complete fish,  must keep an eye out for him so I can make some real money........  opps sorry, meant to put that in your notes"

Get's them every time 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Chatbox Abuse - Have you noticed a recent increase. (Mainly on the August Freerolls):
    Tbh as long as it stays like banter I really enjoy it, eases the bordom slightly and it's funny how they soon shut up once they get some back. (no swearing though)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1,

However, haven't noticed it getting any worse than normal.
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks for the response, so far the majority tend to ignore it, with a noticed increase.
    However villain1 in BB, was OTT, just because I raised 4x in SB, with QQ, two limpers & BB folded.
    My response was cryptic but offensive, when understood.
    I may post the former players name I used as an insult later, FYI.

If you respond in kind, will you receive a chat ban?

I checked the two villains today and they are only registered for Freerolls.
    Also witnessed more chatbox abuse tonight, although not at me.

I also have no problem at all with friendly banter in the chatbox, just when the *****'s appear.
  • edited August 2010
    I voted no. I rarely receive any. More's the pity. I revel in it. Wouldn't dream of initiating it but if it's aimed at me or anyone at my table's being bullied by it? I'm ready.
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks for the response, so far the majority tend to ignore it, with a noticed increase. However villain1 in BB, was OTT, just because I raised 4x in SB, with QQ, two limpers & BB folded. My response was cryptic but offensive, when understood. I may post the former players name I used as an insult later, FYI. If you respond in kind, will you receive a chat ban? I checked the two villains today and they are only registered for Freerolls. Also witnessed more chatbox abuse tonight, although not at me. I also have no problem at all with friendly banter in the chatbox, just when the *****'s appear.
    Posted by Red_King
    Hi Red, please don't post the players name on the thread as the Forum Mods are pretty strict about that.

Also I have heard of players who have responded in kind in the games also being chat banned, even though they are the ones reporting the abuse.  I think Sky take a dim view of ANYONE being abusive in chat.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Chatbox Abuse - Have you noticed a recent increase. (Mainly on the August Freerolls) : Hi Red, please don't post the players name on the thread as the Forum Mods are pretty strict about that. Also I have heard of players who have responded in kind in the games also being chat banned, even though they are the ones reporting the abuse.  I think Sky take a dim view of ANYONE being abusive in chat.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Thanks for the heads-up Kiwini4u, I wasn't going to post the villains names, just the,
    former Skypoker player with a Geographical/Nautical Moniker. (Which is obvious why he's been removed)
  • edited September 2010
    Got some interesting comments last night for playing suited connectors, once shoving short stacked and once for calling a short stack's shove. Won both. One of the suggestions would have made my eyes water.