You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Netbooks for playing poker

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
I was wondering if anyone used a netbook for playing poker and how well they work? I am looking at getting one for about £240 with 1gig of ram and the intel Atom processor but not sure if it will work well for poker or not. Im a bit short at the moment for cash to get a decent laptop but thought this might do in the mean time. Any info would be gratefull :)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    You might struggle a bit.

I changed to a Dell Studio with a 2 gig dual core Pentium and 4 gig ram last year and it's brill but on occassions it can struggle with Sky. I got mine for free with a mobile phone deal.

• edited August 2010
    i tried playing on a notebook at christmas and i couldnt see all of the info when playing!!

it was quite a small one though.
  • edited August 2010
    Iv'e played on a netbook on sky before, will struggle with it i promise you.

1 GB of ram these days isn't alot, you will be able to play 2 tables max (although you will only be able to see one)

i think you can pick up a pretty half decent laptop for around the £300 mark these days with around 3gb of ram

Just had a quick look on pc world, the Compaq CQ62-221sa for £299 will do the job with its intel Celeron Processor and 2GB of ram, as long as your not planning on 10 tabling this looks pretty half decent.

• edited August 2010
    On the other hand you could build a Half decent PC for around £250
  • edited August 2010
    Surely the main problem is screen size, not the computers spec.  I have a lappy, 1Gb ram and I can 6 table using a dongle without many problems.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Netbooks for playing poker:
    Surely the main problem is screen size, not the computers spec.  I have a lappy, 1Gb ram and I can 6 table using a dongle without many problems.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    What processor do you have ?
  • edited August 2010
    decided not to risk it in the end and had a good deal. Got £50 trade on my old laptop and sold my ipod for £60 so ended up getting a nice deal on one with the new i3chipset for £299. Def was the right desision as just won £90 for a £5 buy in :) loverly jubberly. Wasnt worth risking buying a netbook unless i definately knew how well it worked as im sure they are good little gizmos but only £100 extra for something that works properly. you pay for what you get just like in poker ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Does anyone on sky poker play poker on here i have a nice netbook does play good but have had times that i have been timed out of a hand feel poker does go slow from a netbook. Would be helpfull if anyone does play poker on a netbook on here.