You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help me beat NL4

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Patching99 Small blind £0.02 £0.02 £5.71
Biffder Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.40
  Your hole cards
  • A

fitness88 Fold     
B Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £9.77
jimbo773 Call  £0.08 £0.22 £2.62
Patching99 Call  £0.06 £0.28 £5.65
Biffder Fold     
Flop

• A
  • J

Patching99 Bet  £0.20 £0.48 £5.45
BRaise  £0.40 £0.88 £9.37
jimbo773 Fold     
Patching99 Raise  £1.01 £1.89 £4.44
All-in  £9.37 £11.26 £0.00
Right I've lost 5BI at 4NL over the past week and think its mainly due to me being cra p.  Should I re-raise pf.  What do I do next?  Oppo is agressive, normally 3x/4x pf raise with strong hands but not seen them 2x raise before.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Myself I would have dumped AT out of position to a raise and call.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Help me beat NL4:
    Myself I would have dumped AT out of position to a raise and call.
    Posted by waynecure
    Not convinced by this mate as I would end up playing zero hands.  My thinking was that I should have re-popped it.
  • edited August 2010

Don't 3 bet pre from the small blind, that wud be making things hard for urself, keep it simple.....

I mean howwwwwwwwww can u ever fold this flop???? These r tricky spots at any level Ive played, nvm nl4.....

Again, instead of donk leading, I think checking to the raiser is best, ur reversing the position then, instead of being under the gun, ur last to act.....

As u see what everyone else does first....

I dont know what I wud do here, but asking for help with decisions like this aint gonna help u beat this level.....

This is a tough decision at any level.

Signing off the most useless post in the history of the poker clinic. I tried lol
  • edited August 2010
    Don't 3 bet pre from the small blind, that wud be making things hard for urself, keep it simple..... I mean howwwwwwwwww can u ever fold this flop???? These r tricky spots at any level Ive played, nvm nl4..... Again, instead of donk leading, I think checking to the raiser is best, ur reversing the position then, instead of being under the gun, ur last to act..... As u see what everyone else does first.... I dont know what I wud do here, but asking for help with decisions like this aint gonna help u beat this level..... This is a tough decision at any level. Signing off the most useless post in the history of the poker clinic. I tried lol
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i'd prob fold, but i much prefer this reply!
  • edited August 2010
    Don't 3 bet pre from the small blind, that wud be making things hard for urself, keep it simple..... I mean howwwwwwwwww can u ever fold this flop???? These r tricky spots at any level Ive played, nvm nl4..... Again, instead of donk leading, I think checking to the raiser is best, ur reversing the position then, instead of being under the gun, ur last to act..... As u see what everyone else does first.... I dont know what I wud do here, but asking for help with decisions like this aint gonna help u beat this level..... This is a tough decision at any level. Signing off the most useless post in the history of the poker clinic. I tried lol
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks for the reply but you say twice this is a tricky spot then the most useless post in history.
  • edited August 2010
    I think dohhhh means his post not yours. As played defo call and cry if he has 1010 or jj, more likelyhe has nut flush draw imo
  • edited August 2010
    Yeh I deffo meant my post, sorry it's a load of waffle.
  • edited August 2010
    stack off, why would you 3 bet the flop and not go all in?
  • edited August 2010
    Sorry dohhhhh, misread your post.

I have always been donk leading whether I have hit or not in order to get paid when I do.