You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help me beat NL4 part 3

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £9.36
2 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.84
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

Gavinxxxx Fold     
Patching99 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £2.87
Brewmaker9 Call  £0.16 £0.38 £5.67
sally1010 Fold     
Call  £0.14 £0.52 £9.22
2 Call  £0.12 £0.64 £1.72
Flop

• J

1Check     
2 Bet  £0.64 £1.28 £1.08
Patching99     
1 had built his stack by going all in pf when he had a strong hand and 2 had not played too many hands.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Just fold, he's made a good bet that doesn't give you odds and he'll push the turn then you have to fold when you miss.
  • edited August 2010

Always make sure u have 100xbb.....NL4 is all about value town...so make sure u win the max when u find the spot. V important imo (if ur taking it seriously.....ofc)

This is a really weird spot with people to act behind, it's kind of a good and a bad thing.

If ur gonna fold here, I guess u shud fold pre flop, which I wud btw.........

As played I probably shove......

• edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Help me beat NL4 part 3:
    go all in
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Agree with LOL_Raise and DOHHHHHHHHHH (is that enuff H's?), He's on a small stack and is trying to re-build, 64p was 1/3 of your stack, a flat call shows weakness 9/10 times, re-raise all in.. you raised in the first place, show more strength,.you've got 2 over cards to the board, and a str8 draw...he' possibly on the same or hit the J with Q kicker on a straightning board...if he calls with a monster fair do's, if he folds you get the pot. Tough decisions, but sometimes you have to gamble.
  • edited August 2010
    arrrrr eeeeeeeen
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Help me beat NL4 part 3:
    Always make sure u have 100xbb.....NL4 is all about value town...so make sure u win the max when u find the spot. V important imo (if ur taking it seriously.....ofc) This is a really weird spot with people to act behind, it's kind of a good and a bad thing. If ur gonna fold here, I guess u shud fold pre flop, which I wud btw......... As played I probably shove......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know I should have topped up, I normally do when I get less than £3.50 so not sure why I hadn't unless I lost it on the previous hand.  Wish their was an auto top up button!

If I fold pre, aren't I limiting the number of hands I play too much?  I know everyone says that players at this level don't pay much attention but I don't buy this. 
  • edited August 2010
    I moved arrrrr eeeeeeeeen, got called by both players, think both had two pair or something but I hit the ace on the river so did a little dance round the room.  Still unsure if this was the right move but there you go.