You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How I feel about Sky

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
When Sky Poker first started I was one of the first to play on the site and loved it.  I very rarely play on here now and tonight I made my mind up that I am not wrong about my feelings, why I left!

I decided to play the late Freeroll for fun - it was no fun. Idiots going all in. Then I was moved to a table after a few minutes of playing with someone who had over 11,000 chips to my starting chips and all the other players were away. Of course he had free reign to pinch all the other chips, including mine! He never even folded to let me have a chance against taking the chips from those who were away, which I think is greedy.  Poor chap must have been a bit hard up! Even when I played against all my poker knowledge, and bluffing with rubbish, he still came over the top, so it was not long before I lost all my chips, I definitely was not having any rebuys even though it was 50p, as I would have been filling his coiffers.  I have never complained about a poker site ever but I think I will say goodbye to SkyPoker if they don't monitor and balance their tables properly when people register but don't play!

Comments

• edited August 2010

So, in summary, you played a free roll which was free and got outplayed

you think this is sky's fault

hmmmmm

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: How I feel about Sky:
    So, in summary, you played a free roll which was free and got outplayed you think this is sky's fault hmmmmm
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Be fair Greg, Panzer might just be having a bad day, maybe he's a Spurs fan ;-) sorry couldn't resist
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to How I feel about Sky:
    When Sky Poker first started I was one of the first to play on the site and loved it.  I very rarely play on here now and tonight I made my mind up that I am not wrong about my feelings, why I left! I decided to play the late Freeroll for fun - it was no fun. Idiots going all in. Then I was moved to a table after a few minutes of playing with someone who had over 11,000 chips to my starting chips and all the other players were away. Of course he had free reign to pinch all the other chips, including mine! He never even folded to let me have a chance against taking the chips from those who were away, which I think is greedy.  Poor chap must have been a bit hard up! Even when I played against all my poker knowledge, and bluffing with rubbish, he still came over the top, so it was not long before I lost all my chips, I definitely was not having any rebuys even though it was 50p, as I would have been filling his coiffers.  I have never complained about a poker site ever but I think I will say goodbye to SkyPoker if they don't monitor and balance their tables properly when people register but don't play!
    Posted by panzer
    It's free-roll players like you Sky need the most. Write into them. I'm sure they'll weed out other aggressive free-roller players to make it easier for you. For the life of me I can't understand why the free-rolls attract such aggressive chaps. There's surely a reason?
  • edited August 2010
    When Sky Poker first started I was one of the first to play on the site and loved it.  I very rarely play on here now and tonight I made my mind up that I am not wrong about my feelings, why I left! I decided to play the late Freeroll for fun - it was no fun. Idiots going all in. Then I was moved to a table after a few minutes of playing with someone who had over 11,000 chips to my starting chips and all the other players were away. Of course he had free reign to pinch all the other chips, including mine! He never even folded to let me have a chance against taking the chips from those who were away, which I think is greedy.  Poor chap must have been a bit hard up! Even when I played against all my poker knowledge, and bluffing with rubbish, he still came over the top, so it was not long before I lost all my chips, I definitely was not having any rebuys even though it was 50p, as I would have been filling his coiffers.  I have never complained about a poker site ever but I think I will say goodbye to SkyPoker if they don't monitor and balance their tables properly when people register but don't play!
    Posted by panzer
    lol - thats sounds just like me in the freerolls lol -welcome to the asylum lol.
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by panzer

Hi I'm new to site & play in lots of the freerolls as saves me losing bundles as I'm easy pickings.

I have also noticed this but there is no need to complete with the looneys - if u get 1 bide your time - so he steals all the blinds - there small at this stage anyway and its not YOUR stack thats dwindling - sooner or later u get good hand & xup - as his chips r normally in the middle.

The worst issue I'v found is being booted to a table of 5x aways - BORING!! stealing the blinds for 20 mins - so what if stack in now 15k or so - I dont feel I've earnt it,

Despite the obvious flaws in the freerolls I still like em and judging by the fact there almost always full maybe others do to?

Ultimately if u dont like em dont enter them - I had fun on a DeepStack tourney for nearly 3 hrs for £2.20 - cant even get a pint for that!

• edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    Hey Panzer, the ID you chose to represent you is one of a German Tank.  How would their army be if they complained that the war that they had entered had an enemy who did those things about which you complain? 

Would the Panzer tank commander complain that the enemy fired their weapons, complain that they wouldn't let his tanks kill them?  Or that a enemy's bigger tank should not fire?  Should the enemy not advance to avoid being greedy? 

When you ran out of ammunition you chose to surrender.  You are clearly not a Panzer.  A better user name might have been "tree hugger" or "crochet lover".

• ckdckd
    edited August 2010

i played in the 7pm 1 last night 2000 runners lots sat out got moved to a table with some1 on 28k andthe rest sat out ended up taking the chips andwent on to finish 60th for £1.50 which is rubbish amount i know but that dosent bother me as i had a very good game for 3 hours so it aint all bad with sitouts and chipstacks

anyway gl in tonights freeroll all they are fun to play if you play it for the fun and not to try and cash if u do thats a bonus