You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament play

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I played the primo yesterday finishing 40th, i played  prob the best game i have played in a long time but for some reason i played a rag ace which i never play and went from 5th to 46th in one hand! It was a serious lack of concentration however as the primo is the only tournament online which gets so many players apart from freerolls which i think are pointless how can i better or lengthen my concentration in a tournament? should i play deepstacks as they last longer or should i move to live play and hope it transfers onto online play?

Comments

• edited August 2010

Its really hard to play a 4 hour tournament without making at least 1 mistake....

It's where you need abit of luck I suppose.

Why don't you try playing a cash game, and play for 5/6 hours+ at a time, play tight, as you would early in a tournament, and see how it goes.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournament play:
    Its really hard to play a 4 hour tournament without making at least 1 mistake.... It's where you need abit of luck I suppose. Why don't you try playing a cash game, and play for 5/6 hours+ at a time, play LAG, as DOHHHHHHH would early in a tournament, and see how it goes when you have to reload every 10 mins.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited August 2010
    Its really hard to play a 4 hour tournament without making at least 1 mistake.... It's where you need abit of luck I suppose. Why don't you try playing a cash game, and play for 5/6 hours+ at a time, play tight, as you would early in a tournament, and see how it goes.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    DoHHHHHH looking back this is one thing i think has helped me alot. I still struggling in cash, the old tournament problem of gear changing when blinds are the same lol.

However now i can go into a deepie and compete, before hand i had to be in a fast paced tournament.

Something d fully advise :)/
  • edited August 2010
    ok will do now! cheers dohhhhhhh
  • edited August 2010

I must have re-loaded/topped up more times than every before on Saturday

Just wanted to test the "get new chips" button on the new flash thingy ;)

Nitty today!!!

Also, another appeal for auto top up plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Neons, what time is primo on today? And approx how long in the show is it when u r on? 
  • edited August 2010
    its pretty early in the show, level 1-2 ish. hope you can cut thru the 100mph scottish accent lol
  • edited August 2010
    I must have re-loaded/topped up more times than every before on Saturday Just wanted to test the "get new chips" button on the new flash thingy ;) Nitty today!!! Also, another appeal for auto top up plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Neons, what time is primo on today? And approx how long in the show is it when u r on? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1, all the big sites use it.
  • edited August 2010
    I suspect this had gone off thread. Neons if you dont mind me asking, since u asked me a question on FB what part of Scotland you from?

I did reply but not heard anything since. :)
  • edited August 2010
    Why do you people want an auto top up feature when we already went a million miles ahead getting a 'max button'.

implementing things like a time bank would be a much better start before pointless things like auto top up.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    Why do you people want an auto top up feature when we already went a million miles ahead getting a 'max button'. implementing things like a time bank would be a much better start before pointless things like auto top up.
    Posted by beaneh
    Auto top up is not pointless imo, getting that would be a lot easier than having to press the max button every time your stack drops below 100bbs. It would make my life a lot simpler when I'm multi-tabling and losing half my stack every other hand lol

:(
  • edited August 2010
    Why do you people want an auto top up feature when we already went a million miles ahead getting a 'max button'. implementing things like a time bank would be a much better start before pointless things like auto top up.
    Posted by beaneh
    yes PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournament play : Auto top up is not pointless imo, getting that would be a lot easier than having to press the max button every time your stack drops below 100bbs. It would make my life a lot simpler when I'm multi-tabling and losing half my stack every other hand lol :(
    Posted by yb

I don't accept that this feature is needed. I play more tables at once than most people in a week f-fs and I FIND IT EASY to just smack max each time I want to top up on a table. 

Timebank ftw