You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

turned top set, although danger card, desision for stack.

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
This opponent seen every flop with any two cards and was shoving the minute any opponent showed strenth. All in all usually a simple call against these types, but J9 type of hands are well in his range.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1620.00
 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1530.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Fold     
 Call  20.00 50.00 5370.00
The_Don90 Raise  100.00 150.00 1870.00
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Call  80.00 230.00 5290.00
Flop

• Q

Check     
The_Don90 Bet  172.50 402.50 1697.50
 Call  172.50 575.00 5117.50
Turn

• K

Check     
The_Don90 Bet  431.25 1006.25 1266.25
 All-in  5117.50 6123.75 0.00

Comments

• edited August 2010
    £5 dym i take it?

it sucks in this format, but i think i know the villain and i call, like 90% of d time ur gd, and the other 10% uv got 10 outs 2 fill up
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    I don't see why this is a decision at all tbh.

I wouldn't be able to hit the cawl button fast enough.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: turned top set, although danger card, desision for stack.:
    £5 dym i take it? it sucks in this format, but i think i know the villain and i call, like 90% of d time ur gd, and the other 10% uv got 10 outs 2 fill up
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Correct,

And yea first time id played with him and despite playing four tables i managed to pick up on the fact he was doing this everyhand, it was enough the grab my attention and write up some notes between folding.

Unfortunetly cashed in 1 out of 5 and i now know this was one of these 10% times when i had 10 outs.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: turned top set, although danger card, desision for stack. : Correct, And yea first time id played with him and despite playing four tables i managed to pick up on the fact he was doing this everyhand, it was enough the grab my attention and write up some notes between folding. Unfortunetly cashed in 1 out of 5 and i now know this was one of these 10% times when i had 10 outs.
    Posted by The_Don90

yeah i'll change my answer to the fact ur good about ~95% of d time, anyway im not passing

also on a side not, if u want my advice, (which u may not), when sum1 min raise from the cut off to 200, dnt flat from the button with a stack of 1200, and then dnt limp UTG with 44 wiv 10 bbs at 50/100, up2u thou

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: turned top set, although danger card, desision for stack. : yeah i'll change my answer to the fact ur good about ~95% of d time, anyway im not passing also on a side not, if u want my advice, (which u may not), when sum1 min raise from the cut off to 200, dnt flat from the button with a stack of 1200, and then dnt limp UTG with 44 wiv 10 bbs at 50/100, up2u thou
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Yea i agree, im playing with no confidence. There a series of hands that killed it in area 51, and youve seen some yourself.

I usually had 70-80% cash rate in DYM;s today, 2 for 8 and short stacked on the 9th.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: turned top set, although danger card, desision for stack. : Yea i agree, im playing with no confidence. There a series of hands that killed it in area 51, and youve seen some yourself. I usually had 70-80% cash rate in DYM;s today, 2 for 8 and short stacked on the 9th.
    Posted by The_Don90
    don't let if affect your confidence, so far 2day i'm 4/9, shocking start, but i wont let it affect my confidence, i just know iv been in some bad spots, u got me with set over set, and I had a genius call it off with Q2s vs my aces, just the way it goes sometimes 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: turned top set, although danger card, desision for stack. : don't let if affect your confidence, so far 2day i'm 4/9, shocking start, but i wont let it affect my confidence, i just know iv been in some bad spots, u got me with set over set, and I had a genius call it off with Q2s vs my aces, just the way it goes sometimes 
    Posted by SHANXTA
    yea i know, i just need to regroup, so on some PLO just now to chill for a bit