You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Alan Pardew Sacked??? - other krazy managerial appointments/sackings/flops?

edited August 2010 in The Football Corner

I live up north, so don't have any saints fans as mates or anything to understand the feel around the club, but as an outsider looooooking in, this decision is absolutely crazy!

They have played 3 games, won 1, drawn 1, lost 1, their last game was a 4-0 away win, and if they win their game in hand, they will be joint 5th in the table...

From the report on S.S news, its definitely a decision taken for footballing reasons, which is mind boggling imo.

Any saints fans/south-coasters on here have views on this?

Probably the most ridiculous sacking I can remember ......

Any other krazy managerial decisions? - maybe Steve Mclaren for England is the one that will spring to mind.........

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Alan Pardew Sacked??? - other krazy managerial appointments/sackings/flops?:
    I live up north, so don't have any saints fans as mates or anything to understand the feel around the club, but as an outsider looooooking in, this decision is absolutely crazy! They have played 3 games , won 1, drawn 1, lost 1, their last game was a 4-0 away win, and if they win their game in hand, they will be joint 5th in the table... From the report on S.S news, its definitely a decision taken for footballing reasons, which is mind boggling imo. Any saints fans/south-coasters on here have views on this? Probably the most ridiculous sacking I can remember ...... Any other krazy managerial decisions? - maybe Steve Mclaren for England is the one that will spring to mind.........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Capello!!!!!! can't speak English FFS, and was soon to ostraicise just about every englishman he needed in his corner!! madness.
    Mcleran was an Fa yes man who just followed on with Svens saftey, upset no players, no Fa, tactics & picks

Interesting that Curbishley's whole team has been sacked, that is an unusual move, normally some stay on to help with 'changeover' period or they 'walk' with the manager!! sacking them all suggests a 'storey'!!
    I was at school with Wally Downes, see him infrequently, my brother bumps into him more so one day i may find out, but I bet I wont be able to say LOL!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Absolutely disgusting imo. They've been trying to get rid of him since last season & I can't see any sense in doing so after they've won 4-0 away from home.

Pards is a good manager & I for one would happily have him back at West Ham. tbh, I was gutted when he got the boot cos I still think we would've survived with him in charge. He's not without his drawbacks, but then show me a manager (or player for that matter) that isn't. I always found his teams performed better as underdogs as was shown in the 2006 cup final.

It's Saints' loss & I think they've probably done more harm than good with this decision.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Alan Pardew Sacked??? - other krazy managerial appointments/sackings/flops?:
    Absolutely disgusting imo. They've been trying to get rid of him since last season & I can't see any sense in doing so after they've won 4-0 away from home. Pards is a good manager & I for one would happily have him back at West Ham. tbh, I was gutted when he got the boot cos I still think we would've survived with him in charge. He's not without his drawbacks, but then show me a manager (or player for that matter) that isn't. I always found his teams performed better as underdogs as was shown in the 2006 cup final. It's Saints' loss & I think they've probably done more harm than good with this decision.
    Posted by silentbob
    From the little i know of saints recent history, the decision makers ther seem to have shot themselves in the foot several times, is that chaiman back ther now in the silly 'country squire' clothing, Rupert something,i think?

When i'd been down with Fulham a couple of times, 5/6 years ago he was'nt popular then! shame cause i remember when u first moved into your new ground, [chelsea first game], you were riding on crest of a wave!

Few of the mi local kids got their first break at Southampton, Wise, Lawrence, Rowe, Kimmins, & Wally knew all them, you must have had a scout based White City area!! In fact i think when Southampton let Dennis Wise go, was when Wally got him to Wimbledon!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Alan Pardew Sacked??? - other krazy managerial appointments/sackings/flops?:
    In Response to Alan Pardew Sacked??? - other krazy managerial appointments/sackings/flops? : Capello!!!!!! can't speak English FFS, and was soon to ostraicise just about every englishman he needed in his corner!! madness. Mcleran was an Fa yes man who just followed on with Svens saftey, upset no players, no Fa, tactics & picks Interesting that Curbishley's whole team has been sacked, that is an unusual move, normally some stay on to help with 'changeover' period or they 'walk' with the manager!! sacking them all suggests a 'storey'!! I was at school with Wally Downes, see him infrequently, my brother bumps into him more so one day i may find out, but I bet I wont be able to say LOL!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Gagging Orders and Deer-Stalkers For The Win!!!
  • edited August 2010
    LOWE USED TO BE CHAIRMAN HE WAS THE ONE WHO SOLD ALL THERE BEST PLAYERS AND GOT THEM RELAGATED. RECENTLY IT WAS MARCUS LEIBER BUT HE DIED RECENTLY THE CHEIF EXECUTIVE IS A RIGHT **** HES THE ONE WHOS BANNED THE PAPERS FROM TAKING PICTURES IN THE GROUND UN LESS THEY PAY SO NOW THEY GET NO COVERAGE IN THE NATIONAL PRESS AND THE SUN EVEN REFUSE TO PRINT THERE NAME. 
    THE LOCAL NEWS HAVE SAID NOTHING BUT IT WOULDNT SURPIRSE ME IF IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH TALKING TO THE PRESS.
    HOPEFULLY THIS WILL **** UP THEIR CHANCES OF PROMOTION AS I DONT WANT TO PASS THEM ON OUR FREEFALL TO THE BLUE SQUARE