You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Late Night Poker, Orford is the main man!

2»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Late Night Poker, Orford is the main man!:
    Good 1st show Mr Orford Sir. If you carry on through the rest of them with that same high professional standard as that one, you too could be nominated for a poker award :)) Question - Why do we see Kara and Michelle Orp in front of camera and only HEAR Richard & James??
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol - that will be changing for the next season of the European Poker Tour!  I'll be filming some "in vision" bits and pieces with Mr Negreanu at EPT London & EPT Barcelona later this year.

• edited September 2010
    Where"s everyone going , Rich to ch 4 , Michelle on another , Karra on the big game + James was doing 1 with some wee annoying Russian/Serb or summit guy folding Qs and never shutting up .
    Who is next TK taking over from Fred Dibnah"s slot

TV CHANNELS NOTE THESE GUYS ARE OUR PRESENTERS (and wee will not lisen to any offers)

ps good job rich

• edited September 2010

Nice one, Rich. Enjoyed the show. Does that James fella EVER miss? Also there seemed to be lots of hands that would end up in some silly post in Area 51 if they happened here, so was that game fixed too? ;-)

• edited September 2010
    Thanks guys for watching and posting your kind comments.

For anyone who didn't catch it, it's available to watch on Channel 4's website.

I'm still in absolute awe of Roberto Romanello's laydown
    of the nut flush versus James Akenhead in the very first hand of the game . It just defies belief!
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks guys for watching and posting your kind comments. For anyone who didn't catch it, it's available to watch on Channel 4's website. I'm still in absolute awe of Roberto Romanello's laydown of the nut flush versus James Akenhead in in the very first hand of the game . It just defies belief!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    x2.

Romanello had some horrendous luck the whole way through I thought.
  • edited September 2010
    imo you should try and avoid saying stuff like 'raising to find out where they are at' or 'asking the question'. its just quite simply bad.

beth shak gave a great example of why it is so terrible when she raise/folds T74ss with 88. RW3 says at the end she made a good fold which is totally beyond the fact that she put in $1k with effective stacks of $2.2k then folded with a hand that has good showdown value.
  • edited September 2010
    Great show Rich, really enjoyed it.  Sky+ messed up and the first recording was all choppy so luckily I caught it on C4+1, blimey, poker repeats, whatever next? ;-)

I have a question, how many times did you say or nearly say a "Sky Pokerism" and have to mentally correct yourself (whilst obvisouly blaming Tikay for it)?

• edited September 2010
    Great show Rich, really enjoyed it.  Sky+ messed up and the first recording was all choppy so luckily I caught it on C4+1, blimey, poker repeats, whatever next? ;-) I have a question, how many times did you say or nearly say a "Sky Pokerism" and have to mentally correct yourself (whilst obvisouly blaming Tikay for it)?
    Posted by Machka
    Lots i bet. As for Tikay...didn't it sound strange to hear Rich without 'grandad's comments? Maybe the old man will do the show with a yank accent the next time they are together!!

Great first show Rich
  • edited September 2010
    Just watched the show Rich,  Very well done.  Are you having a different co presenter every week, or will it be 3 again ;o)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Late Night Poker, Orford is the main man! : Lots i bet. As for Tikay...didn't it sound strange to hear Rich without 'grandad's comments? Maybe the old man will do the show with a yank accent the next time they are together!! Great first show Rich
    Posted by lozgo
    I'm sorry Lozzy, but to listen to, or watch, Orford, I need to be paid, & well paid. Listen to him for free? You must be joking!

I'm paid to tolerate his inane blathering on 865.

I run bad, too - I have go to do the Show with his Blather-Ness on Saturday, &, even worse, on Monday, I'm supposed to be playing some live poker with him & some dumb Dame, LML I think.

It's not all fun & games you know, there's pain, too.
  • edited September 2010
    Episode 2 at 1.05 am!

• edited September 2010
    Episode 2 at 1.05 am!
    Posted by GREGHOGG

As I have to be up at 04:30 am to get a flight I shall not be watching it live, so to speak.

Rest assured I shall Sky+ the event and as usual I shall send you my critique in the near Future Richard.  I am so pleased that you have taken all my presenting advice on board.  The LNP gig is an obvious sign that you have been paying attention to me.  
    Well Done 

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Late Night Poker, Orford is the main man! : As I have to be up at 04:30 am to get a flight I shall not be watching it live, so to speak. Rest assured I shall Sky+ the event and as usual I shall send you my critique in the near Future Richard.  I am so pleased that you have taken all my presenting advice on board.  The LNP gig is an obvious sign that you have been paying attention to me.   Well Done 
    Posted by JockBMW

Lol- thanks Pete. I will be sure to mention you at the BAFTAs ;)