You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it right to go searching tables, just to double up?

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
i normally play 5 10p, i am quite good on d . y m i am quite well known around 2.25-3.30 stakes, decided to play cash tonite on 5 10 p, did ok , won a bit then lost a bit. i then went browsing, found a 15 - 30 table, went on and i think my first or second hand i got queen flush, i played it perfect and won around 30 quid, is it ok to do this?  i do a lot of chatter as well, is it ok to do poker surfing as i call it, ur thoughts and opinions will be appreciated, and hi to anyone who has played me

Comments

• edited September 2010
    firstly welcome to the forums

i play alot of dyms not sure if ive came across you.

This was something i used to do, but i discovered recently i didnt find it profitable. If i got 1 double u stood up moved done the same etc, id eventually lose buyins.

But say i get that double up and then stay and get another one etc that its good. Ok you need to be rolled for it, i know. But this is why i multi table, kill the variance a little.

Anyways id never say its the wrong way to do it, its just one way of doing it.

Good luck.
  • edited September 2010

I`m not sure I understant the OP.

If you mean hit n run, which is how don has translated it then some ppl say it is bad practise and bad for the game, unitheical blah blah, but essentially its up to you what you do with it.

But you are asking if its ok to browse tables?????? umm yes
    Then you ask if it is ok to double up within 3 hands???? ummm yes

gl

• edited September 2010

it's not wrong.

Can't see it being a V successful tactic long term though - why not learn to play properly?

Glad they finally let u change ur name Lucky 7's
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: is it right to go searching tables, just to double up?:
    it's not wrong. Can't see it being a V successful tactic long term though - why not learn to play properly? Glad they finally let u change ur name Lucky 7's
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lmao lmao lmao