You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Strategy Article: 'The Skill in Rebuys'

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all,

One thing that many players don't do when playing rebuys is realising how some of the basic strategies we take for granted change when you're playing a rebuy tournament. In what I hope will be the first of a series of articles, I've tried explaining some of the finer points to Rebuy tournaments for those of you who want to give them a try :)

The Skill in Rebuys - Poker Strategy Article.

If you have any comments or subjects you'd like me to tackle in the next few articles do let me know and I'll give it a shot!

Thanks all,
Dave

Comments

• edited September 2010
    The last rebuy I played on sky had about 25 entries but about 50 buy-ins.  So if you only buy in once your getting great value on any potential winnings.

I tend to prefer the option of not rebuying or adding on at all.  I'd sooner try and take advantage of the very lose play to accumulate chips.  Also I don't want to rebuy on a table where a wreckless player who, at that stage, doesn't know where is fold button is has twice my stack.

So I quite like rebuys but generally limit myself to only paying in the once and going for extra profit.
  • edited September 2010
    great read Dave thank you.

Quick question though, was this written for Maxally's benefit?