You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky MTT Payout structure

edited September 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
I played the 3k Gtd last night and finished up 8th, quite pleased with although went out A7 > AK oh well

what i noticed was the payout structure seemed to be very top heavy and worked it out as follows

1st 25%
2nd 15%
3rd 10%
4th 7%
5th 6%
6th 5%
7th 4%
8th 3%
9th 2%
10th 1%
11-20th .84%
21-30th .7%
30-40th .65%

now i think with the inability to do a deal at final tables i think perhaps the payout structure may need some revision as it would suck to come 2-6th, and generally in these High blind 10-20bb stacks its 1 suckout is all you need to be out the the tourney so its high variance, and perhaps under-rewarded to beat 98-99% of the field

i think this structure may be better

1st 19%
2nd 14.75%
3rd 11%
4th 8.4%
5th 5.75%
6th 4.5%
7th 3.5%
8th 2.5%
9th 1.75%
etc........

by the way i pinched that from pokerstars from a similarly fielded MTT

any thoughts guys?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I agree with you.  I noticed this more on the STT`s when I used to play them.  But some ppl will obv prefer how it is now, and evrything seems to run fine so I dont know why they would change it.  Just a preference thing
  • edited September 2010
    You wouldn't be posting this if you'd won lol
  • edited September 2010
    Pokerstars are renowned for paying out 15-20% of players in low MTTs, hence why the % are lower.

The jump from 2 to 1 seems a bit high here as it is currently, but apart from that, it seems ok.
  • edited September 2010
    I prefer it the way it is i think the whole point of entering a tournament is to win the tournament so if you do manage to beat 100% of the players then i think you deserve 25% in my opinion of course!!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky MTT Payout structure:
    You wouldn't be posting this if you'd won lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8

well with the structure i was proposing i'd actually get a smaller payout than i actually did, and i know the purpose of entering a tournament is to win it but that dynamic may change as the bubble approaches, and in these extremely high variance games of poker i just think it theres room for a fairer payout especially with the huge 15%-25% difference in payout between 1st and 2nd when effective blinds are probs 10k-20k its bit of a crapshoot but for like 500 quid

....just a rant really, but i would like to see a final table 'deal' feature though
  • edited September 2010
    I agree with you to a point - Last night I came 21st in the deep stack which took me 3 (ish)  hours and was in profit of £10 - quite frustrating especially for the most part at this point it is shove or nothing orientated however when you do run very well you want to get paid well for it.
  • edited September 2010
    I agree with this post.