You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What? Do you know who I am?!?

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
As many of you know I was playing in the APAT world amateur championships at the weekend when I had a bit of a 'mis-understanding' in a hand. (bare in mind this is at about midnight)

Blinds 400/800 I am dealt KQ diamonds, I go to raise 2100 but am told by the dealer there has already been a raise to 2000, OOPS ok I call then. That is followed by 2 more calls (1 of which I didn't see).

Flop K,10,4 the action goes CHECK, CHECK to which I then bet 4200, the player to my left on the button who I didnt know was in the hand called, the other 2 players folded, I then showed the King to show I wasn't bluffing, and went to muck my cards. The table all shout, "that guy is still in he hand". I think my reaction was something like Oh Poo! The TD was called over and I had to play the rest of the hand with the King exposed.

Luckily the action got checked down and KQ was good. The TD then told me I had to have a round of the table penalty!! To which I replied jokingly "What? Do you know who I am?" lol (I may of had a half of shandy or 2 by then). He looks at me as if to say no, I dont have a clue. Which of course he wouldn't and why would he?

The round of the table with 400/800 blinds and 100 ante cost me about 2000 chips, so just a note to everyone playing live, DONT expose your cards, and if you are going to make sure everyone is out and the chips are pushed towards you.

p.s This was clearly very comical to Youngun, Daiboot and joobie when I was walking around not allowed near my table.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to What? Do you know who I am?!?:
    As many of you know I was playing in the APAT world amateur championships at the weekend when I had a bit of a 'mis-understanding' in a hand. (bare in mind this is at about midnight) Blinds 400/800 I am dealt KQ diamonds, I go to raise 2100 but am told by the dealer there has already been a raise to 2000, OOPS ok I call then. That is followed by 2 more calls (1 of which I didn't see). Flop K,10,4 the action goes CHECK, CHECK to which I then bet 4200, the player to my left on the button who I didnt know was in the hand called, the other 2 players folded, I then showed the King to show I wasn't bluffing, and went to muck my cards. The table all shout, "that guy is still in he hand". I think my reaction was something like Oh Poo! The TD was called over and I had to play the rest of the hand with the King exposed. Luckily the action got checked down and KQ was good. The TD then told me I had to have a round of the table penalty!! To which I replied jokingly "What? Do you know who I am?" lol (I may of had a half of shandy or 2 by then). He looks at me as if to say no, I dont have a clue. Which of course he wouldn't and why would he? The round of the table with 400/800 blinds and 100 ante cost me about 2000 chips, so just a note to everyone playing live, DONT expose your cards, and if you are going to make sure everyone is out and the chips are pushed towards you. p.s This was clearly very comical to Youngun, Daiboot and joobie when I was walking around not allowed near my table.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    lol, what a plonker Rodney...

• edited September 2010
    That is just class Charles!!

It happens to many people don't worry - I remember playing in a game not long ago against this old man, I was in the BB and the very old man was on the Button, he decides to shove on my BB, I look down to see JT off and after some banter I muck my cards but as I do so one cardhits the dealers hand and the Jack is exposed - the very very old man proceeds to flash his Jack as well thinking that the action was over but UTG +1 had limped into the pot!! Thankfully the UTG +1 just showed his Ace of clubs and folded and the very very very old man embarassingly shows his JJ - he incured no penalty though but maybe that was because it was the one and only Grandad Tikay who was to busy scoffing his biscuits to pay attention to the limper - you never to old to learn ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: What? Do you know who I am?!?:
    That is just class Charles!! It happens to many people don't worry - I remember playing in a game not long ago against this old man, I was in the BB and the very old man was on the Button, he decides to shove on my BB, I look down to see JT off and after some banter I muck my cards but as I do so one cardhits the dealers hand and the Jack is exposed - the very very old man proceeds to flash his Jack as well thinking that the action was over but UTG +1 had limped into the pot!! Thankfully the UTG +1 just showed his Ace of clubs and folded and the very very very old man embarassingly shows his JJ - he incured no penalty though but maybe that was because it was the one and only Grandad Tikay who was to busy scoffing his biscuits to pay attention to the limper - you never to old to learn ;)
    Posted by dylan12
    lmao Dylan, i love the way the old man ages throughout your story!
  • edited September 2010
    As many of you know I was playing in the APAT world amateur championships at the weekend when I had a bit of a 'mis-understanding' in a hand. (bare in mind this is at about midnight) Blinds 400/800 I am dealt KQ diamonds, I go to raise 2100 but am told by the dealer there has already been a raise to 2000, OOPS ok I call then. That is followed by 2 more calls (1 of which I didn't see). Flop K,10,4 the action goes CHECK, CHECK to which I then bet 4200, the player to my left on the button who I didnt know was in the hand called, the other 2 players folded, I then showed the King to show I wasn't bluffing, and went to muck my cards. The table all shout, "that guy is still in he hand". I think my reaction was something like Oh Poo! The TD was called over and I had to play the rest of the hand with the King exposed. Luckily the action got checked down and KQ was good. The TD then told me I had to have a round of the table penalty!! To which I replied jokingly "What? Do you know who I am?" lol (I may of had a half of shandy or 2 by then). He looks at me as if to say no, I dont have a clue. Which of course he wouldn't and why would he? The round of the table with 400/800 blinds and 100 ante cost me about 2000 chips, so just a note to everyone playing live, DONT expose your cards, and if you are going to make sure everyone is out and the chips are pushed towards you. p.s This was clearly very comical to Youngun, Daiboot and joobie when I was walking around not allowed near my table.
    Posted by FlashFlush

LOL this was so funny
  • edited September 2010
    Dai, don't forget to update your etiquette thread with this! Don't want any new live players making the same mistakes! I gave the thread a little bump so you should be able to find it, it's in the Sky Poker Tour sub-forum methinks.

Btw Charlie, I never knew you said "Do you know who I am!?"!!! Had I known that i'd have lol'ed in your face a lot more! Haha!
  • edited September 2010
    Ah i see this alot, its an easy mistake to make, i dont usually punnish players first time when its an honest mistake. although some other TD's are a lot stonger on this, and well this is a far bigger venue than everything ive ever run. I hope you done ok.

I heard about a story that pros used to show one card during a hand as a way of scaring their opponents, weather this is true or not i do not know.
  • edited September 2010
    I did the same thing on the 6-max FT, i pushed with on the button with the mighty K2s and the sb tanks for a few mins thens calls (opps) i flick over my cards but fogot the bb was still 2 act (bigger opps). anyways he folds and i river a straight but get a round of the table penalty too. at blinds of 5000/10000 and 1500 ante wont be doing that again

• edited September 2010
    Ahh, the joys of DTD.

Pity I was concentrating on commentating the Omahahahahahahaha final table and nobody told me, had I been informed I think I might well have collared you for an interview or two live. Can see it now..

AS: Charles, you have chips still in the main event, however you're not at your seat. Please do tell the watching world why...

CO: Well, Adam, you see, the TD doesn't know who I am!!

Seriously though, DTD is pretty much the only venue I know that does this regularly. Everywhere else is a bit hit-and-miss.
  • edited September 2010
    Don't show your cards anyway unless you've been cawled.

Sounds funny, I would have rubbed you down if i'd see you wandering about lool
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Haha! Love it! xx