You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'Done' like a kipper.

edited September 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
trappper Small blind  15.00 15.00 1155.00
philmenow Big blind  30.00 45.00 1595.00
  Your hole cards

Leyster Raise  60.00 105.00 2150.00
SolidStan1 Fold     
ljulieann Call  60.00 165.00 3215.00
JACKSDEN Call  60.00 225.00 1690.00
trappper Call  45.00 270.00 1110.00
philmenow Call  30.00 300.00 1565.00
Flop

trappper Check     
philmenow Bet  150.00 450.00 1415.00
Leyster Call  150.00 600.00 2000.00
ljulieann Call  150.00 750.00 3065.00
JACKSDEN Call  150.00 900.00 1540.00
trappper Call  150.00 1050.00 960.00
Turn

trappper Check     
philmenow All-in  1415.00 2465.00 0.00
Leyster Call  1415.00 3880.00 585.00
ljulieann Fold     
JACKSDEN Fold     
trappper Fold     
philmenow Show

Leyster Show

River

Leyster Win Four 5s 3880.00  4465.00
lol,n1

Comments

• edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    yes .... yes u where
  • edited September 2010
    i wouldnt have called even a min raise with those rags, esp with all those callers before you.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Done' like a kipper.:
    i wouldnt have called even a min raise with those rags, esp with all those callers before you.
    Posted by theneons
    +1

for all these callers give ypu pot odds they each crush your hand a little more.
  • edited September 2010
    I know it doesn't make much difference to this hand but on the flop you should be betting more than half pot somewhere around 250-300 asks a quetion where 150 doesn't.
  • edited September 2010
    what game was this? what stake?

and why would u lead that flop 5 way?
  • edited September 2010
    Thats what happens when you call raises with poo.
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by theneons
    whether i played it like a kipper or not,making those sort of hands,are the sort of hands i want to be making,by the turn, in a multi-way pot,and even improve on river.......unfortunately this time i ran into 1 of the few hands that WAS beating me,also on the other point of why lead out on that flop? why not? i had half a hand, evry1 called,no1 raised(understandably),think the only time i wouldnt lead out is if id hav had 55(but they all called,so may be right)),maybe FH(same),...the pot is worth winning now ,turn comes, even better,...id expect over time id win more than lose..if im wrong,well...fmwaf
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Done' like a kipper. : whether i played it like a kipper or not,making those sort of hands,are the sort of hands i want to be making,by the turn, in a multi-way pot,and even improve on river.......unfortunately this time i ran into 1 of the few hands that WAS beating me,also on the other point of why lead out on that flop? why not? i had half a hand, evry1 called,no1 raised(understandably),think the only time i wouldnt lead out is if id hav had 55(but they all called,so may be right)),maybe FH(same),...the pot is worth winning now ,turn comes, even better,...id expect over time id win more than lose..if im wrong,well...fmwaf
    Posted by philmenow
    id rather make quads tbh than a bad str8 on a paired board

just fold it pre, its easier.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Done' like a kipper. : id rather make quads tbh than a bad str8 on a paired board just fold it pre, its easier.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    as would i ,however on this occassion i made a str8 and it cost me,..
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Done' like a kipper. : whether i played it like a kipper or not,making those sort of hands,are the sort of hands i want to be making,by the turn, in a multi-way pot,and even improve on river.......unfortunately this time i ran into 1 of the few hands that WAS beating me,also on the other point of why lead out on that flop? why not? i had half a hand, evry1 called,no1 raised(understandably),think the only time i wouldnt lead out is if id hav had 55(but they all called,so may be right)),maybe FH(same),...the pot is worth winning now ,turn comes, even better,...id expect over time id win more than lose..if im wrong,well...fmwaf
    Posted by philmenow
    why not 2 lead, coz u have 6 high?

with that action preflop, and this many players, u have 2 expect that flop 2 have hit someone.

over time im 99% certain this play is -ev
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Done' like a kipper. : why not 2 lead, coz u have 6 high? with that action preflop, and this many players, u have 2 expect that flop 2 have hit someone. over time im 99% certain this play is -ev
    Posted by SHANXTA
    theres a min raise and a load of calls,preflop...so could be any old hands,ace/paint,rag aces,pretty paint and mayb pocket pairs(lol),and that flop doesnt improve many of them(except the obvious)..i totally understand ur point that when sum1 does hit 'that' flop and i then make a str8 its gonna hurt,maybe even 'kill' me,but hey,its not often people hit that  flop(lol),tbh would have preferred  oppo to be slow playing AA,happy days...
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Done' like a kipper. : theres a min raise and a load of calls,preflop...so could be any old hands,ace/paint,rag aces,pretty paint and mayb pocket pairs(lol),and that flop doesnt improve many of them(except the obvious)..i totally understand ur point that when sum1 does hit 'that' flop and i then make a str8 its gonna hurt,maybe even 'kill' me,but hey,its not often people hit that  flop(lol),tbh would have preferred  oppo to be slow playing AA,happy days...
    Posted by philmenow
    alternatively, remove wallet from pocket, remove notes, hold lighter to notes, and watch them burn
  • edited September 2010
    lol,typical 'clever' response..so i guess u never think ur str8s winning,and always throw it away to a bet?no,thought not...
  • edited September 2010
    lol,typical 'clever' response..so i guess u never think ur str8s winning,and always throw it away to a bet?no,thought not...
    Posted by philmenow
    i've given up trying to explain my thought process to you as you're not willing to accept that you may not have played the hand fantastic

yeah that board is pretty cold, and your prob gonna lose your stack, but you're not seeing the bigger picture
  • edited September 2010
    lol u where done but this will only happen 1% of the time.
    I agree with the pre flop call its a small amount with alot of callers, (thats what you want when u need a miracle flop) you could of hit trips 2 pair anything. He played the 5's very well in fairness, i dont think u should of bet the flop however that was a little bit silly, let someone else bet it and decide if its worth the call! The bloke with 5's may have gone all in and hoped for a caller with so many people in play.
    Its one of them things really, thats poker you win some you lose some! But in the long run you will throw away so much money hoping for these miracle flops if you do it everytime u get a hand like this.
    Unlucky thats all i can say and to shanxta he put it on here to show he was beaten you trying to tell him he is an idiot isnt exactly great input is it. Simple fold pre flop would of been easier

gl at ur tables
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Done' like a kipper. : i've given up trying to explain my thought process to you as you're not willing to accept that you may not have played the hand fantastic yeah that board is pretty cold, and your prob gonna lose your stack, but you're not seeing the bigger picture
    Posted by SHANXTA
    shanxta,as i said in earlier post,'i do understand ur points',and on the whole totally agree with what u say..this sort of hand (36os) isnt 1 id usually play and expect to win with,however on this occasion i saw flop cheap,then decided id be 'unlukky' if any1 had 'really' hit it,bet like id got a piece of it,then made str8 on turn,then shove cos 'i feel' like im ahead and dont want any1 catching their f draw or making fh...alas, on this occassion there was a truly big hand waiting to 'do me',and another lesson was learnt..  if hand was played...,all check flop ,then i hit my str8 and check,then 5555 bets,do i 'really' get away from it?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Done' like a kipper. : shanxta,as i said in earlier post,'i do understand ur points',and on the whole totally agree with what u say..this sort of hand (36os) isnt 1 id usually play and expect to win with,however on this occasion i saw flop cheap,then decided id be 'unlukky' if any1 had 'really' hit it,bet like id got a piece of it,then made str8 on turn,then shove cos 'i feel' like im ahead and dont want any1 catching their f draw or making fh...alas, on this occassion there was a truly big hand waiting to 'do me',and another lesson was learnt..  if hand was played...,all check flop ,then i hit my str8 and check,then 5555 bets,do i 'really' get away from it?
    Posted by philmenow
    no but i haven't said that u should get away from it.

u can't be results orientated and just think 'well i would have lost my stack in this hand anyway so it doesn't matter how i played it'

betting the flop is very rarely going to get through, people will call with rag aces, pp's, fl draws other straights draws etc etc, and what do you do if you hit the straight bit it completes the flush draw.

so there is only really 6 cards that you want to see on the turn, so this will happen ~13% of the time. the other ~87% of the time you're going to be OOP with no hand in what is now a much bigger pot