You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE GOOD THE BAD AND BISCUIT GATE

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

Early last Friday morning I set off for DTD to the world championships of amateur poker after 3 trains 2 taxis and a short walk I got to the hotel in Nottingham at 1.30 my first game started at DTD at 2.30. I arrive at DTD just in time to take my seat in the 7 card stud.

The table I am sat on is right next to the kitchen and food smells so good. This reminds me that the last time I ate was 6 pm the night before so I call a valet over (the valets at DTD are the best and good on the eye). The lovely young lady informs me that there is on food till 6 as they were doing the  cooking for the players buffet  I am starving but what can I do just carry on with the game

About  4.30 I see a very old man walking around DTD then as he gets to my table I here” there are a lot of fat welsh people in here des  they can’t play poker I showed them last Monday  OH hi  dai”  “ Hi Tikay” I reply and he walks off. The next hand I get dealt A 8 c down and 8h up (for those of you who don’t play 7 card stud. All players pay an ante. You get dealt 3 cards first, first 2 face down and one face up. Then the worst card bring in a small bet and to continue you may bet the limit up to 4 bets per street. Then you get 3 more cards face up after each card a round of betting. The 7th and last card is dealt face down and the last round of betting is made. The best 5 card hand wins as in holdem). I have to bring in for 100 all fold bar the two players to my right player1 bets to 200 player2  bets  400 me 600 player 1 800 that’s the cap next cards. Then a full plate with 30 packs of biscuits was pushed under my very hungry nose as I go to take a pack or two of biscuits but before I do the valet TIKAY said ”oh sorry you’re in a hand” and walks off.  I am looking at the biscuits like there the last food on the earth the dealer asks “sir are your in this hand”” oh yes I bet” then I look at my cards 2s I now have A8c 8h 2s we all bet to the full. Next card an A s I bet then I see tikay on his way back in my direction then I here “SIR ARE YOU IN THIS GAME” the dealer “yes I bet” I say without thinking then I look at my cards and look around the look form the dealer said it all as he gave me the next card betting had finished. This is the point when my poker head came to life that card was an Ace  I have a full house wow. I say “I bet” the dealer said”NOT  YOUR TURN” .Player1 folds player2  400 me  800 player1200 me 1600. Then I look at his cards 3c 3s 3h ks. The first rule of stud poker look at the cards on show. That is not what I wanted to see. Next card face down I look he looks I say “bet 200” dealer “it’s not your turn bet stands. Next time I WILL get the TD sir” not what you want to here in DTD. Ask Flash flush. We bet all the way I could not turn my hand over any quicker quad Aces player1 mucked his hand with 150 chips left. WOW!

10 mins later tikay came and gave me half a biscuit saying “that’s all you’re having you need to be on a diet you’ll end up like Dylan”. After a week  last Monday in Cardiff 30 packs of biscuits is nothing to tikay. I was told he let  Simon Trumper have one packet they are mates.

As it turn out that hand made my game and allowed me to come second to my good friend Ian Thompson which made the weekend the best poker time I have had.

As for the very very very very very very old man’s comment about the Welsh not being poker players he must of said it to me ten times on Friday by Monday not a word why?

World team amateur champions      Wales    

A Welshman second in the stud

A Welshman first and second in the main event

A Welshman third in the heads up

A Welshman 4th in the HORSE

Not a bad show from a country that tikay informs us can NOT play poker

Just to end many thanks for all people who supported me and all the kind words.

A big well done to all the sky poker players at DTD who did so well in their own right.

DAI

Comments