You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Warm up Cash!

edited September 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
I played a £30 freezeout at Grosvenor last night (some of you have seen facebook and twitter updates) as a warm up for SPT final.

The game had 39 runners (an overlay of £800 as it was £2k guaranteed) and had 10k starting stack with 3 x 30 min levels and then 20 min levels.

Obviously the structure not quite as good as DTD but with 10k at the start and 3 longish starting levels it was good practice.

The cards came my way and was doubled to 21k by the end of the 3 x 30 min levels, the usual card dead period came in the middle and then with 10 BB I shoved KQ spades and got a call from BB with 77, a Q and K on the flop gave me the much needed double through and five hands later I woke up with AA (4th time in the game), 2 shoves and I was 3 way for a treble up and an 80k stack for the FT.

AK v A9 v my AA

flop 678 (oh no!) turn 2 (nice) river King (OMG whoohoo)

5 paid so I sat very tight until we got down to 5 as I knew a deal would end this game (it was 2.30)

I walked away with £350

So a very useful warm up game and paid my entry to SPT final to boot happy days!!

Dave

Comments