You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER IN THE PARK 2010

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

20,000 eager visitors made Poker in the Park 2009 a big fixture on the poker calendar. Now, as it enters its fourth year Poker in the Park 2010 promises to be bigger and better than ever, with more marquees, more lectures and activities, and, most important of all, more live poker. Poker in the Park IV kicks off on 2nd September at 4pm, with model and poker champion Liv Boeree cutting the ribbon at the official opening. It's completely free, so come along and join in the fun

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Ok this kicks off today , and i was thinking of taking a little look today especially "the nutz girls marquee" well worth a viewing imo lol , and theres the small matter of live poker marquees / domes ;0) and even lecture marquees and above all its completely free to enter happy days i have also noticed sky poker is a media partner in this event !!!

My 1st question is has any one else planned to go ?

And my 2nd question has any one been before ?

It really looks great on the website http://www.pokerinthepark.com/ plus there is a poker super store marquee too and lots more fun and games going on, heads up games for dunking models in water the lot lol !!!!!!

Monkey123
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER IN THE PARK 2010:
    Ok this kicks off today , and i was thinking of taking a little look today especially "the nutz girls marquee" well worth a viewing imo lol , and theres the small matter of live poker marquees / domes ;0) and even lecture marquees and above all its completely free to enter happy days i have also noticed sky poker is a media partner in this event !!! My 1st question is has any one else planned to go ? And my 2nd question has any one been before ? It really looks great on the website http://www.pokerinthepark.com/  plus there is a poker super store marquee too and lots more fun and games going on, heads up games for dunking models in water the lot lol !!!!!! Monkey123
    Posted by monkey123
    Sorry Monkey, am stuck in the Big Brother Sky Poker virtual House!!
     I Will See If Hitpup can bust me out for a bit!!
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    where is it ?
    Posted by lucky77777
    Leicester Square
  • edited September 2010
    just a one day event?
  • edited September 2010
    I used to work with the folks who put this on and it's pretty good fun to be honest. It's on at Leicester Square in London by the way, Lucky77777.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited September 2010
    I used to work with the folks who put this on and it's pretty good fun to be honest. It's on at Leicester Square in London by the way, Lucky77777. Thanks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Nice one mate defo gonna go today and try pop in tommorrow 8)

lucky 77777 its today and tommorrow check it out on google
  • edited September 2010
    cheers dave and monkey N1
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER IN THE PARK 2010 : Nice one mate defo gonna go today and try pop in tommorrow 8) lucky 77777 its today and tommorrow check it out on google
    Posted by monkey123
    Monkey!! HitPup has come up with a 'Bust Out' plan for tomora afternoon, he wants to come too!!!
    He reckons he'll be able to disguise himself as a card protector, so we are up for it!!
  • edited September 2010
    Im planning on popping up there tomorrow afternoon to take a look.

• edited September 2010
    wow i didnt know leicester square was a park??? :)

must be one of those new urban parks!!!

sounds like a fun day out tho........................................
  • edited September 2010

A film crew from Sky Poker will be at Poker in the Park today to grab some interviews for Channel 865, the interviewer will be Miss Lisa-Marie Long.
  • edited September 2010
    I used to work with the folks who put this on and it's pretty good fun to be honest. It's on at Leicester Square in London by the way, Lucky77777. Thanks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    lol u cheeky mare

Leicester Square is in London OMG didnt kno that

JOKING HUNI X
  • edited September 2010
    HitPUP formulating the 'BUST OUT' PLANS

• edited September 2010
    HitPUP formulating the 'BUST OUT' PLANS
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    LOL

NICE ONE MATE
  • edited September 2010
    A film crew from Sky Poker will be at Poker in the Park today to grab some interviews for Channel 865, the interviewer will be Miss Lisa-Marie Long.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Even better nice one tikay i shall be leaving shortly from uxbridge train station any suggestions on quickest line to take ;)

monkey123
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER IN THE PARK 2010 : Even better nice one tikay i shall be leaving shortly from uxbridge train station any suggestions on quickest line to take ;) monkey123
    Posted by monkey123
    Bakerloo Line FTW. Alight - disembark - at Piccadily Circus, & walk - it's just as near Leicester Square as Leicester Sq Tube Station, which would require a change.

The Piccadilly Line, aesthatically a more pleasing line, takes longer, although it goes to Leicester Square Tube Station.
  • edited September 2010
    Or u could jump on the Northern line and come see me

decision time poker in the park or come c me?

Im not upset really :( x
  • edited September 2010
    if u have an i phone download the handy london tube app!!

plus it tells you if there are any lines closed etc...............
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER IN THE PARK 2010 : Bakerloo Line FTW. Alight - disembark - at Piccadily Circus, & walk - it's just as near Leicester Square as Leicester Sq Tube Station, which would require a change. The Piccadilly Line, aesthatically a more pleasing line, takes longer, although it goes to Leicester Square Tube Station.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's Leicester Square in London, in case any of you aren't sure. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    I would have liked to have came along to do, unfortunetly finances mixed with work isnt good so couldnt make it.

Ill be there next year.
  • edited September 2010
    yeah why a thursday and friday??? why not sat and sun or fri and sat, people have jobs lol!!!! but im gunna try make it fri tho!!! but defo next year
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    Could Lisa-Marie please interview the Nutz Girls.  Just passing on a message from bandini.
  • edited September 2010
    I went last year and they gave free massages in the middle of leicester square!

Manged to bust out as one of the first in the charity tournament but got awarded a watch for getting 'bad beat' lol. Jamie Gold was there last year and v  pisched, seemed like a nice chap though obv seemed like a dousche on tv in the ME (ruddy luckbox)....

Anyway I digress, I intend to be down there tomorrow so if you're gonna be down there send me a pm and maybe we will run into each other!
  • edited September 2010
    I went last year and they gave free massages in the middle of leicester square! Manged to bust out as one of the first in the charity tournament but got awarded a watch for getting 'bad beat' lol. Jamie Gold was there last year and v  pisched, seemed like a nice chap though obv seemed like a dousche on tv in the ME (ruddy luckbox).... Anyway I digress, I intend to be down there tomorrow so if you're gonna be down there send me a pm and maybe we will run into each other!
    Posted by beaneh
    Just got back now , well worth a look ;) and i even managed to bump into lisa marie ;)

great fun and well run , loads of models in hot pants and skimpy tops ( not for the faint hearted) and free massages while u play happy days
  • edited September 2010
    Or u could jump on the Northern line and come see me decision time poker in the park or come c me? Im not upset really :( x
    Posted by xFALLENx
    ohhhhhhhhhhh dear missedthis one all ready left lol
  • edited September 2010
    popped down today, good fun. phil ivey walked through at one stage!

tried to get a word with LM but she was off somewhere so we got the cameraman instead...
  • edited September 2010
    popped down today, good fun. phil ivey walked through at one stage! tried to get a word with LM but she was off somewhere so we got the cameraman instead...
    Posted by pryce6
    Ah so that was you!!! The boys told me someone stopped by and I heard the Phil Ivey rumours!! I reckon it was Tiger woods though ;) I was only gone a second to chat to Ms Kara Scott!

Great to meet you Monkey123!!

Currently writing a blog on my PITP experiences today :) xx
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: POKER IN THE PARK 2010 : Ah so that was you!!! The boys told me someone stopped by and I heard the Phil Ivey rumours!! I reckon it was Tiger woods though ;) I was only gone a second to chat to Ms Kara Scott! Great to meet you Monkey123!! Currently writing a blog on my PITP experiences today :) xx
    Posted by LML
    Yep! We hung around for a while but there was only so much conversation we could make with the cameraman while blatently waiting for you! I think we told him about Phil Ivey, he just walked straight into the blackbelt tent and the small crowd just parted way for him..all a bit surreal. When we came back you were interviewing Channing and were gone soon after! Maybe some other time :)