You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Most loved and most hated moments of your poker career

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Ok we all have them, so what are yours.

1. Your most loved moment

2. Your most hated

Copy and paste above for making it easier to reply is you wish

My most loved moment would be winning my first MTT. I was over the moon. Winning my first double up on cash is a close second

2. Your most hated

My most hated moment i hated more out of energy lost rather than what i actually hated about it. As it would be last Wednessday when i made HU in the 9.15 deepie and the ToT at the same time. Ok i loved every minute of it, but i couldnt cope, and i almost wanted to just stop and give my chips away.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    1. Your most loved moment - winning my first MTT at my local poker club - 51 runners, got to heads up - i correctly put my oppo on KQ - told the whole table that i thought i knew, I made the call after a 2 minute tank with ATs, and he showed KQ and my hand held up. Took down a nice amount too. i felt like the new sherriff in town. LOL

2. Your most hated - a couple of months ago, went in for five simultaneous MTT's, and within 30 minutes, every single one of my oppo's sucked a 2-3 outer on me after getting in all in ahead to knock me out. i nearly went insane. the last bad beat was the sickest - i flopped a boat, oppo hit runner runner quads. 
  • edited September 2010
    Most loved moment was this morning! Watched mastercash table 11 for about half hour before sitting down, they where all being well aggressive so i sat down with pocket 4's first hand. (£100 buy in) I was raised by small blind to £5 i called! Flop came down 4 10 6 rainbow board. He the bet £10 so i thought il shut the hand down now and re raise so i min re-raised to £20 he then shoved £100 quid in! I snap called and he turned over j 10 lol £100 double up first hand of the day yessssss!!!

Most hated moment was in the primo i was 5th and in one hand through complete lack of concentration and playing rag aces i came 40th!!! Should of won it but will be back this week!

This is a good thread
  • edited September 2010

Cashing 3rd in my 1st live tourny and meeting nick welthall, seemed like a very decent guy

2. Your most hated

Losing $1150 in ~50 minutes playing 10/20 LHE
  • edited September 2010
    Most Loved Moment.   First MTT win, a £400 Bounty Hunter 

Most Hated Moment.  Getting knocked out in 21st place at the SPT in Glasgow.  If I won the all in heads up I was going to the chip lead with only 19 players left. I played the hand as well as I could,  Put the guy on a weak ace again my Ace Queen, I was right I had his Ace Ten dominated.  He hit the 10 on the turn that was that.... Sigh

Great Thread 
  • edited September 2010
    Jennifer Tilly making me a cup of tea while I interviewed Phil Laak. Doing my first full live show with Sarah Champion. See the theme here? Lovely ladies, both of them.

2. Your most hated moment
    Getting it in with bottom two on a A Q 9 board with my opponent holding A-5. Five on the turn, Ace on the river. Slight overkill. I wouldn't have minded as much if it weren't the bubble for the $1k at the Bellagio.

That and I had to sit next to David Sklansky for two hours. The single most obnoxious poker player I've ever met in terms of never posting his blinds or antes in time then shooting the dealer an evil look when urged to do so. Seriously, just post your blinds.

I also bubbled a £200 satellite into one of those TV tournaments a couple of years back. 20 man sit and go, winner got the seat, second got £600 change. £400 uptick I suppose, but ugh.

• edited September 2010

1. Said it before but the result being announced live on Total Player semi final night, when I thought I had absolutely no chance of getting through as I'd blown most of my TP br, and amazingly my name was announced.
    Krazy roller-coaster of emotion, from having no chance, to getting through.......

Last weeks 2.15k win comes close, I spose if I had to pick 1 to happen again, I'd go with the money every-time, so maybe that one....

2. Theres a few, I took a shot at nl200 a few weeks ago at 3am Sunday morning, never a good idea, and ended ip putting £200 in pre flop with KING 8, against probably the most solid player at that level. ugh.

Also being so bad and getting crushed when I play heads up, a game that I reallllllyyyyy wanna be good at !!!

Also, maybe when I first came on the forum, and was a pr1ck to everyone......

But of the above 3, I hate losing money more than anything else, thats why Im here to make it, so maybe waking up the morning after the night before, and remembering the K8 off suit hand......I hate thinking about that.
  • edited September 2010

JOINING SKYPOKER .

Your most hated

LEAVING SKYPOKER IN A RANT

Your most loved moment

REJOINING SKYPOKER & ENJOYING THE POKER & FORUM  LOL !

• edited September 2010
    My best moment - OMG had 2 think long and hard about this as havent had many....It was on here playing in the Jeagerbomb freeroll....ok I didnt win I only came 2nd but I somehow managed 2 outlast so so so many great players....I remember when it started and looking at my table (Bennydip & SOLACK 2 name a few) I said to my m8....da mn Im doomed I am well out of my league here and will be out very soon..but luckily I got moved....TommyD beat me but was very kind saying I only lost due 2 flip of a coin....I didnt win loads but was so happy I danced around the house.....my dogs thought I was mad!!!!

My worst moment - every other day

And if It wasnt for some of the ppl on here Id just give up
  • edited September 2010
    Best Moment

Was bored playing poker once and clicked one of them msg's you get from certain websites, a girl sayin she is just round the corner, is feeling sexy and lonely and do i want to meet in 5mins for steamy fun!

Worst Moment

Finding out it was Mum
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Most loved and most hated moments of your poker career:
    Best Moment Was bored playing poker once and clicked one of them msg's you get from certain websites, a girl sayin she is just round the corner, is feeling sexy and lonely and do i want to meet in 5mins for steamy fun! Worst Moment Finding out it was Mum
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Only You x
  • edited September 2010
    Best

6th in an Open (£376) but with Rich & Ed saying how well I had played and how unlucky my exit was !!!!

Worst

Being abused in the chatbox for no obvious reason !!!! (Daily)
  • edited September 2010
    Keep them comming, some fantastic replies.
  • edited September 2010
    Best moment was getting to my first MTT final table - think it was Aug 2009 (only started playing in Jan 2009) - on here. That was a great feeling even though I went out first. Since done it again (few weeks ago in the 2.20). Not won one yet so still looking forward to that.

Worst moment - honestly can't think of one. I don't do tilt at all so that 'getting beat thing' doesn't bother me.

• edited September 2010

ok best poker moment

playing for another site in the irish open in 2008 the year neil channing won i also got to meet doyle brunson

worst

one was when my trip queens got beat in the vegas final by a run  with the villan getting runner runner turn and river to give him a run

• edited September 2010
    Best Moment

Staying consistent with my profile it'll be one hand against Chris Moneymaker in a 2/4 online cash game.  There was a lot of history between us during this session and one hand spiraled out of control.  Both of us had put a third of our respective stacks in on draws when we reached the river which completed his nut straight and my nut flush.  He jams, I snap.  Felt good to stack a Main event champ, even if it was a no skill finish.

Worst Moment

A few years back I entered a WSOP main event Freeroll.  Over 5000 runners in the final freeroll, one seat.  We're Heads up, stacks different by two blinds or so and I call his all in on an A A 3 flop with eights.  He has sixes.  In this instance in my mind I'm flying first class over 'The Pond,' I'm dancing with various women of questionable credentials in a nightclub, I'm Heads Up with Jonny Chan on the final table.  Then fantasy takes a tumble when he turns his two outer and I don't play poker again for a week.  They say variance evens out, it's still got a ways to go to level that one off for me...
  • edited September 2010
    dont have any

2. Your most hated

flopping top pair when someone has a higher pocket pair or they hit a lower set
    being hit on the river with a 1 or 2 outer(and it happens a lot on here)
    having my all in pocket aces turned over with q 5 off suit that hit a full house
  • edited September 2010
    Im doing these backwards:

2. Your most hated
    At swansea last year for the spt, down to 12 of us and gets it all in preflop with 1010 against 55 and the fives hit four to a flush, if i would have won that hand would have gone to the final table chip leader, instead was out. was nearly sick at the table..

At swansea this year for the spt and made the final table coming 7th which finally put the demons of last year behind me.

if it was the money i would say winning the open for £1300 or runner up in the old monthly £50 bounty hunter for £2200.