You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forget the Football, Friday Night PTP is Rebuy Night.

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

Where HAS the week gone?

Suddenly, it's Friday again, & my PTP night, & as I have to miss next Friday - the SPT Grand Final "Friday night warm-up" at DTD calls -so I plan to make the most of tonight. 

The Footie is on telly, but that's all wrong - Football belongs on a Saturday afternoon!

I'm in the 8pm Main, & the 8.30 TOTTY Rebuy, & I hope to see a few of you at the Tables later.

I'm still trying to finish today's WPT Blog (writers block rules!), & if I do so, I'll play some Omaha Hi-Lo Cash before the Tourneys start.

Don't forget, either, that Saturday night there is the new "Cash £300" jobbie, for which Mr Run-Good has got the Analysts seat on the Show.

Any of you planning to play the Cash £300?

OK, better press on with this Blog. I'm busy staring at a keybord & an empty screen, with a sort of writers constipation.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. 

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I didn't even know there was football tonight. Now I see on the BBC website that team useless are playing. My TV is off and it's too much effort to turn it on lol.

Don't push too hard Teeeeeks ;-)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Forget the Football, Friday Night PTP is Rebuy Night.:
    I didn't even know there was football tonight. Now I see on the BBC website that TEAM USELESS are playing. My TV is off and it's too much effort to turn it on lol. Don't push too hard Teeeeeks ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Yes i gotta admit bulgaria aint all that ;o)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Forget the Football, Friday Night PTP is Rebuy Night. : Yes i gotta admit bulgaria aint all that ;o)
    Posted by dav1964
    That team is better than the opposition! (albeit less paid) lol

• edited September 2010
    I'm in the 8pm main event
    7.15 deepy
    7.10 orfordable
    8.15 deepy

and some 2 squid donkathon heads up match against Irishrover which will be well worth the money just for entertainment value. (Come find me Irish, you know you want to lol)
  • edited September 2010

Good shout Trev - I've Reg'd for the 7.15 £2.20 Deepie.

Loadsa-chips!
  • edited September 2010

Or you could just watch 865 @ 8pm to see whats on......

(Hope you havent been too critical)

• edited September 2010
    Or you could just watch 865 @ 8pm to see whats on...... ( Hope you havent been too critical)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    You'll have to watch to find out, then!

PS - How much did you like that 9-T-K Flop when you called with Qh-Jh?
  • edited September 2010

In the 7.15 Deepie, I found K-K - bottom of my range - very early, with 3 Limpers in already.

Popped it up to 100, three callers, ugh.

Flop Q-Q-Q, & with 400 in the middle, the SB bets 20.......He did not scare me, & I made the Hero Call.

Anyway, we "held", so a pleasing start. Back to sleep now, but it just shows, I can play loose with the best of them.

• edited September 2010

I'm OUT of the 7.15 Deepie after less than 30 minutes, whoops!

I had Ad-10d on a 9 high 2 diamond flop.

Selkirk bets out, I re-raise, he calls.

Low blank turn, he checks, I pot it, he calls.

Qs on River, he checks, there is 5k in the Pot now, so I jam with my missed draw.

He snaps with his Queens, which had setted on the River!

He never folds on that Board, though I get the lot if the D comes, & get a nice pot if the A comes, but it was pretty poor judgement by me I think.

Well done "Selkirk", who played it a treat imo, check-calling the Turn & River with his overpair. If he plays it faster, I fold.  
  • edited September 2010
    I was out 2 mins after you - I had Q4 as you do - AQ4 flop - Boom!! 3 way all in - I knowim behind probably, but we gamblez innit - up against AA - left with 1K - im all in on a T high flop with erm A6 - he has AA - oops gg
  • edited September 2010
    I was out 2 mins after you - I had Q4 as you do - AQ4 flop - Boom!! 3 way all in - I knowim behind probably, but we gamblez innit - up against AA - left with 1K - im all in on a T high flop with erm A6 - he has AA - oops gg
    Posted by dylan12
    Pfft. You have NO excuse for exiting a Deepie so early.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Forget the Football, Friday Night PTP is Rebuy Night. : You'll have to watch to find out, then! PS - How much did you like that 9-T-K Flop when you called with Qh-Jh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you Sir. Hardly any criticism....just a couple of one liner digs which I fully expected and as in my nature, fully excepted!

The truth can now come out. I had a 'few' beers that night and I was honestly just trying to play my normal game and trying not to think about the prize pool too much. The rail was a god send to me with loads of support and it was not until the morning after that I had the thought......if only.....if only.....

Cheers, Alan

(I missed the England goal aswell because I could not record the show!, lol)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Forget the Football, Friday Night PTP is Rebuy Night. : Thank you Sir. Hardly any criticism....just a couple of one liner digs which I fully expected and as in my nature, fully excepted! The truth can now come out. I had a 'few' beers that night and I was honestly just trying to play my normal game and trying not to think about the prize pool too much. The rail was a god send to me with loads of support and it was not until the morning after that I had the thought......if only.....if only..... Cheers, Alan (I missed the England goal aswell because I could not record the show!, lol)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    If there were any "digs" Alan, please be 100% assured that they were purely unintentional. I actually tried to be as consructive as I was able. I don't actually recall a single play you made that was less than optimal, & I said as much.

What was noticeable, remarkable & memorable, was the way you Yo-Yo'd throughout!

Nice cash, & a shame the cards went cruel on you at the death. 

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Forget the Football, Friday Night PTP is Rebuy Night. : If there were any "digs" Alan, please be 100% assured that they were purely unintentional. I actually tried to be as consructive as I was able. I don't actually recall a single play you made that was less than optimal, & I said as much. What was noticeable, remarkable & memorable, was the way you Yo-Yo'd throughout! Nice cash, & a shame the cards went cruel on you at the death.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    :).....I didn't mean you having a dig at my play...just me!

"Maxally - not normally aggro " - I take it that was a 'sidewards' dig at my sometimes 'forthright' views on the forum. Its all good though, and I did enjoy watching the show. Thank the lord Orford wasn't there!! :))
  • edited September 2010

11th of 236 in the 8pm Main Event (Rebuy), & I only had 1 x R & 1 x A-O, so a £10 profit there.

Still clinging in the 8.30 TOTTY, 10 left, 8 paid, so the Bubble is lurking. 

Been a grand evening, no matter what happens in the TOTTY, with some terrific Rail Banter, & great lads on all the Tables. 
  • edited September 2010

Wiii, dodged the Bubble in the TOTTY! Still above average at mo, too.

That'll do nicely, 2 cashes tonight. Happy days.
  • edited September 2010
    Great Open Tonight Tikay if I don't say so myself

3rd Place Whoooooo

Player NameChipsRankPrizeHeadsValueNo PlayersLoading...      nervesof10910001£1355.40 + 50 League Pointspokarito02£778.10 + 46 League PointsPOKERTREV03£527.10 + 38 League Pointsbeamer196804£401.60 + 32 League Pointsbeefy77705£351.40 + 28 League PointsWildspirit06£301.20 + 24 League Pointspeg107
  • edited September 2010
    well done trev - opened it at 3 handed nice score
  • edited September 2010

All done!

I got 2nd in the TOTTY (just over £100 I think) so a most pleasing night.

I played my exit hand badly badly badly, but well done the winner, Seaford.

Big thanks to all the Railers who engaged in some terrific banter.

That's me done for tonight, have a good weekend, everyone.

Don't forget Saturday night is the Televised Cash £300!

• edited September 2010
    Great fun tonight

Well done Seaford 

Unlucky Tikay cant quite do a Mr Hartigan

seaford23150001£169.50 + 30 League PointsTikay1002£113 + 26 League Pointsgurdyboy03£79.10 + 22 League PointsDiggerMan04£56.50 + 18 League Pointstempusfuge05£45.20 + 14 League PointsKiwini4u06£39.55 + 10 League PointsDELTA07£33.90 + 8 League Pointsghosthunt08£28.25 + 6 League Points
  • edited September 2010
    Great fun tonight Well done Seaford  Unlucky Tikay cant quite do a Mr Hartigan seaford2 315000 1 £169.50 + 30 League Points Tikay10 0 2 £113 + 26 League Points gurdyboy 0 3 £79.10 + 22 League Points DiggerMan 0 4 £56.50 + 18 League Points tempusfuge 0 5 £45.20 + 14 League Points Kiwini4u 0 6 £39.55 + 10 League Points DELTA 0 7 £33.90 + 8 League Points ghosthunt 0 8 £28.25 + 6 League Points
    Posted by hawk7112
    Not really Squawks, I butchered it Heads-Up. I'd decided to "chip-away" at him, keep the pots small, but for some inexplicable reason, I called a Pre-Flop Raise OOP & then went for the trap heave-ho. And he went for the trap heave-ho heaver-hoer.

He deserved the win, he seemed a decent chap, too.
  • edited September 2010
    Well done tikay, well done all who cashed, great stuff, managed to finish 12th, so chuffed really, had less than 10 BB, 1 raiser, shove with jQ sooted, reasoned cant be tha far behind, he turned KJ, no sooted, and no Q and that was it, but a great tourny :)
  • edited September 2010
    Well done to Seaford and Tikay for 2nd place. I was on the rail on the final table of the ToT and it was very enjoyable.

Well Done Peeps.