You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Club vs Country???

edited September 2010 in The Football Corner
Is it just me...

but i'm madly in love with my club - Newcastle united, through sorrow and joy

but when it comes to England, i just don't care.

i wasn't bothered about the world cup and actually supported Germany of all countries (don't ask me why).

and.... i'm really not bothered about the game tonight (friday).

How do you feel? is it national pride or club over country?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I would put Bury ahead of England everytime but I would never want to see England loose. Even though my money was on Argentina in the world cup it was only because Sky had offered a money back garantue if England had won it. In this case I would have been more than happy to break even than to win the money.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm of the same mind as you Rich. Except for the loving Newcastle.

I supported England, because Gerrard, Johnson and Carragher were in the team.

For internationals I just root for the Liverpool players.

• edited September 2010
    Imagine being Scottish!!!!!

Always Club for Me.

SkyRich and the German Royal Family for the win!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    why should i give a stuff about england the players dont. now were officialy a second tier country we might as well follow the example of our cricket team and pay a load of foriegners to play for us there must be a few descent players around the world who we could fastrack through imigration to give us a chance
  • edited September 2010
    CLUB FIRST EVERY TIME

Our season book cash pays there wages .

• edited September 2010
    Right now it's club every single time.

It seems to me that there's very few players who actually feel any pride in representing their country at the moment & that's a real sad state of affairs.

TBH, I'm really not all that fussed about the game tonight or Tuesday either for that matter. Either we'll get a couple of decent results & the media will be in love with Capello again or we'll fail miserably & it'll be more misery in the press. Either way I just CBA with it at the moment. 

I hate the international breaks & would much rather just get back to supporting West Ham on the weekend.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country???:
    CLUB FIRST EVERY TIME   Our season book cash pays there wages .
    Posted by -JINKY-
    Massive LOL at that in your case mate.

Club every time for me. Although 6 Rangers players were in Scotlands starting XI in the last match so maybe i can have the best of both worlds.
  • edited September 2010
    A true football supporter will always put club first, the casual fans are usually the ones who show the most interest in England. As i am not in the least bit patriotic i couldn't care less about England & find it amusing when people rave about winning the 'pre' world cup! Wolves for the Premier title!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Even the England footballers put there club first,and so do I ..
  • edited September 2010
    Club will always come before country for me too. England play so many meaningless friendlies these days that i think the footie fan gets tired of the breaks in the league structure, and so a lot of internationals are met with apathy.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : Massive LOL at that in your case mate. Club every time for me. Although 6 Rangers players were in Scotlands starting XI in the last match so maybe i can have the best of both worlds.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    FiLIPSEBO DO A WEE INTERNATIONALIST count M8 .  U might have ones in the sfa lodge sorry scotland squad , But the worlds bigger than that . And my team won the other night HEHEHE  c u later m8
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : FiLIPSEBO DO A WEE INTERNATIONALIST count M8 .  U might have ones in the sfa lodge sorry scotland squad , But the worlds bigger than that . And my team won the other night HEHEHE  c u later m8
    Posted by -JINKY-
    Touchy touchy =)

Quality over quantity my friend....

PS. We should start a thread for this mate lol

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : Massive LOL at that in your case mate. Club every time for me. Although 6 Rangers players were in Scotlands starting XI in the last match so maybe i can have the best of both worlds.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    thats even more of a reason for club over country.

oh and those six players made all the differance,didn't they
    TOP RESULT.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Club vs Country???:
    Is it just me... but i'm madly in love with my club - Newcastle united, through sorrow and joy but when it comes to England, i just don't care. i wasn't bothered about the world cup and actually supported Germany of all countries (don't ask me why). and.... i'm really not bothered about the game tonight (friday). How do you feel? is it national pride or club over country?
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    IT ISN'T JUST YOU RICH,I WAS SUPPORTING GERMANY TOO.

• edited September 2010
    lol at the ugly sisters.

I stated in a betting thread that the 11/10 on Rangers is blinding value. Bet of the Season (imo)

Not just saying it because he is a Hearts-Hater, but Lennon will turn out to be another John Barnes.

Yogi or Lennon? who goes first? You decide. When a Hearts manager isnt favourite to be potted first, then it tells a story.
  • edited September 2010
    lol at the ugly sisters. I stated in a betting thread that the 11/10 on Rangers is blinding value. Bet of the Season (imo) Not just saying it because he is a Hearts-Hater, but Lennon will turn out to be another John Barnes. Yogi or Lennon? who goes first? You decide. When a Hearts manager isnt favourite to be potted first, then it tells a story.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Who isn't a Hearts hater?
    I'm trying to figure out if you're a Hearts supporter,
    or one of those who can manages to see tynecastle from 
    the govan stand,like stephen hendry.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : thats even more of a reason for club over country. oh and those six players made all the differance,didn't they TOP RESULT.
    Posted by igimc
    They gained a point in an away game in Europe, i can understand why a Celtic fan may be jealous of this LOL
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : They gained a point in an away game in Europe, i can understand why a Celtic fan may be jealous of this LOL
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    I think you'll find a point away to lithuania aint gonna cut it.
    but at least they didn't wreck the whole city on the way home eh.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : I think you'll find a point away to lithuania aint gonna cut it. but at least they didn't wreck the whole city on the way home eh.
    Posted by igimc
    We need players in the Scotland set up who have a European pedigree and know how to gain results outside of Glasgow, not also rans that regularly get pumped left right and centre by 2nd and 3rd rate European teams if they are forced to play outside of their ghetto. Lithuania are currently 1-0 up playing away against the Czech Republic so maybe that point we achieved doesn't look so bad after all.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : Who isn't a Hearts hater? I'm trying to figure out if you're a Hearts supporter, or one of those who can manages to see tynecastle from  the govan stand,like stephen hendry.
    Posted by igimc
    Moi, Meester Wee-pon.
  • edited September 2010
    C WHAT U STARTED SKY RICH . LOL

• edited September 2010
    I dont see how you cant support your country tbh should support your country over club all day imo!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : We need players in the Scotland set up who have a European pedigree and know how to gain results outside of Glasgow, not also rans that regularly get pumped left right and centre by 2nd and 3rd rate European teams if they are forced to play outside of their ghetto. Lithuania are currently 1-0 up playing away against the Czech Republic so maybe that point we achieved doesn't look so bad after all.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    You are havin a laugh surely,"EUROPEAN PEDIGREE"?????
    The words UNEREA URZICENI spring to mind.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : You are havin a laugh surely,"EUROPEAN PEDIGREE"????? The words UNEREA URZICENI spring to mind.
    Posted by igimc
    So do the words, beating Lyon 3-0 in France, beating Sporting Lisbon 2-0 in Portugal, successfully defending a first leg lead against Werder Bremen in Germany to win the tie, successfully scoring against and holding Panathinaikos in Greece to win the tie, successfully keeping a clean sheet against Fiorentina in Italy and ultimately winning the tie and gaining a draw against Stuttgart in Germany.

Do you care to enlighten me by posting any other positive results gained away from home in Europe by Scottish clubs over the last 3 seasons? Rather than coming back with the usual Rangers are this, Rangers are that (i'm sure that's what you will think of doing) please, and i do mean please post some factual information relating to Celtics away results in Europe over this period.

I don't want a slagging match just a factual debate relating to Scottish teams results in Europe over the last 3 seasons, any further back is too long ago to be relevant.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Club vs Country??? : You are havin a laugh surely,"EUROPEAN PEDIGREE"????? The words UNEREA URZICENI spring to mind.
    Posted by igimc
    From a team who "bottle it" in their own back yard against the likes of Ross County................

LOL. Just LOL.
  • edited September 2010
    I dont believe what most of you are saying.

Club through and through fair enough but the elation you would feel if England did win the world cup would be unequaled in my mind.

Imagine being in a pub or summat when an England player blammed in the winner. It must be a better feeling than your club winning something. The whole country would be partying.

Myagi....only supporting Liverpool players when watching England ?? is that really for real mate seriously. If thats how i felt i wouldnt ever watch them again. Club football has got nothing to do with international tournaments and is not even the same at all.

England get me as mad as anyone but world cups really is what got me football nuts in the first place. Hope we get to a final in my lifetime.........wont hold my breath tho lol. I absolutely cant wait for euro and world cups.
  • edited September 2010
    I dont see how you cant support your country tbh should support your country over club all day imo!
    Posted by tiggerovnh
    ++++++1
  • edited September 2010

ENGLAND EVERY TIME

I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE THEM AWAY AGAINST ANDORRA IN BARCALENOA - BETTER ATOSPHERE THAN ANY CLUB GAME AND TO TOP IT OFF DAVID NUGENT (PLAYING FOR PRESTON AT THE TIME) SCORED THE 3RD GOAL - 1ST PLAYER TO COME FROM PRESTON SINCE TOM FINNEY 3000 YEARS AGO  

AND IMAGINE GETTING THE WORLD CUP IN 2018 AND WINNING IT , WHAT A SUMMER THAT WOULD BE - IT DOESN,T COME AROUND VERY OFTEN

PROUD OF CLUB AND COUNTRY

• edited September 2010
    GUYS!!!

please keep things calm here. Debate is cool but please try and keep a lid on the insults, there really is just no need for them.

Thanks for your understanding.

Rich
  • edited September 2010
    SkyRich for the win.