You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Early Views on playing at Sky - Bad beats or just bad Play!!

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

Good evening all.

I have been playing poker for some while now. Played conventional, loose tight etc. I joined sky poker site earlier in the week as i was fed up with the stupid aggrssive play with garvage which one finds at Full Tilt and Jokerstars.

I must say i had a gr8 time on Wednesday and Thursday and got ino the money and points a couple of times. The standard of play was excellent, yes! some people were being creative and no doubt some good bluffs took place however i can honestly say that on the occasions i got to see their hands in the showdown their betting strategy made sense.

Ok , So far, so good, so now i am looking forward to playing on Friday night and can honestly say that I cam across the bigest bunch of clowns who have no idea how to play poker. Bad beats usually occur when idiots play stupidly and catch lucky so i guess I am going to put it down to egos alcohol and week end idiots who just can't fold.

Let me share with you one example.. I am in a £5 Bountyhunter with about 12k chips... Under the gun bets 100 (min Bet) and the next guy shoves for 2500, fair enopugh! so i am now looking at my hand at a strong pair QQ so I do what any normal person would do and go all in to isolate. Low and behold, the guy who limped calls off 6000 chips and I am thinking to myself, Jeez, did i realy walk into AA and what has he got KQ! Now this has to be the most idiotic stupid decision in the world especially as he is in for 100 and about to lose 6000 and his competition. So the guy gets lucky and hits his King.

Durng ths game i then prceeded to watch half a dozen people shove to a shove and a re shove with KQ as if KQ is the new AA. 20 minutes later i watched a guy call  a 3 bet off last in line for 9000 (his whole stack) with K4

It is this stupid play, especially when it gets paid off which makes the good players want to run a mile. In my opinion there are genuine bad beat stories and then there is the idiotic play for no rational reason which gets paid off. So my thoughts are as follows:-

Seems to me the alcohol fuelled idiots with ego's the size of a galaxy and emotionally can't cope with the "all in" turn up on Friday nights. They must think its personal so they see red and hit the call button with 7 4 clubs and hit the straight flush leaving the real players with the KK AK AA out in the cold. I don't think i will be playing on this site much at the week ends.

To be honest i dont mind being beated by 7 2 if the play was executed well and not just some gormless numpty's all in shove pre flop for 10,000 chips and no logic or rational. So if anyone reads this please let me know if you also believe that a lower  standard of numpty plays at the week end or is it my imagination..

Thank you and have fun

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Normally I would like to come into a pot with a raise. But in a weekend B/H I think it is better to limp in and jam if you hit a big hand because of the number of non believers and chancers that play in these games. Yes of coarse sometimes they will get lucky but all you can do is to try to take advantage when the odds are in your favour.
  • edited September 2010

Hi Mr Magic.

I'm not sure I understand this.

Mr K-Q wins against your Q-Q 3 times in 10.

You beat him 7 times in 10.

How is that a bad thng?

You should be begging him to get it in there, it does not get much better than that!

To get the 7 scoops in 10 we have to let him win his 3 scoops in 10, because we can't have our cake & eat it. Seems a good deal to me, no?
  • edited September 2010
    "the stupid aggrssive play with garvage which one finds at Full Tilt and Jokerstars."

Try it sometime, the results may surprise you.
  • edited September 2010
    Looks like Friday nights are the night's to play then.

I'm there, the more "idiot" calls and the lower standard of play the better please= more profit for me.

Of course i enjoy playing against good players too and the deepstacks at most levels are genuinely tough with some excellent players. But in terms of making profit, id play the "idiots" every day of the week please.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: My Early Views on playing at Sky - Bad beats or just bad Play!!:
    Looks like Friday nights are the night's to play then. I'm there, the more "idiot" calls and the lower standard of play the better please= more profit for me. Of course i enjoy playing against good players too and the deepstacks at most levels are genuinely tough with some excellent players. But in terms of making profit, id play the "idiots" every day of the week please.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    That's enough of a seller for me............don't need to read anymore of this post :)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to My Early Views on playing at Sky - Bad beats or just bad Play!!:
    Good evening all. I have been playing poker for some while now. Played conventional, loose tight etc. I joined sky poker site earlier in the week as i was fed up with the stupid aggrssive play with garvage which one finds at Full Tilt and Jokerstars. I must say i had a gr8 time on Wednesday and Thursday and got ino the money and points a couple of times. The standard of play was excellent, yes! some people were being creative and no doubt some good bluffs took place however i can honestly say that on the occasions i got to see their hands in the showdown their betting strategy made sense. Ok , So far, so good, so now i am looking forward to playing on Friday night and can honestly say that I cam across the bigest bunch of clowns who have no idea how to play poker. Bad beats usually occur when idiots play stupidly and catch lucky so i guess I am going to put it down to egos alcohol and week end idiots who just can't fold. Let me share with you one example.. I am in a £5 Bountyhunter with about 12k chips... Under the gun bets 100 (min Bet) and the next guy shoves for 2500, fair enopugh! so i am now looking at my hand at a strong pair QQ so I do what any normal person would do and go all in to isolate. Low and behold, the guy who limped calls off 6000 chips and I am thinking to myself, Jeez, did i realy walk into AA and what has he got KQ! Now this has to be the most idiotic stupid decision in the world especially as he is in for 100 and about to lose 6000 and his competition. So the guy gets lucky and hits his King. Durng ths game i then prceeded to watch half a dozen people shove to a shove and a re shove with KQ as if KQ is the new AA. 20 minutes later i watched a guy call  a 3 bet off last in line for 9000 (his whole stack) with K4 It is this stupid play, especially when it gets paid off which makes the good players want to run a mile. In my opinion there are genuine bad beat stories and then there is the idiotic play for no rational reason which gets paid off. So my thoughts are as follows:- Seems to me the alcohol fuelled idiots with ego's the size of a galaxy and emotionally can't cope with the "all in" turn up on Friday nights. They must think its personal so they see red and hit the call button with 7 4 clubs and hit the straight flush leaving the real players with the KK AK AA out in the cold. I don't think i will be playing on this site much at the week ends. To be honest i dont mind being beated by 7 2 if the play was executed well and not just some gormless numpty's all in shove pre flop for 10,000 chips and no logic or rational. So if anyone reads this please let me know if you also believe that a lower  standard of numpty plays at the week end or is it my imagination.. Thank you and have fun
    Posted by Magicalman
    good players wouldnt run a mile if im honest
  • edited September 2010
    u realise good players enjoy playing against bad players right?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to My Early Views on playing at Sky - Bad beats or just bad Play!!:
    I am in a £5 Bountyhunter 
    Posted by Magicalman
    That is the key sentence here. It's a bounty hunter tourney & a lot (not all) of people will make speculative calls for that reason.

However, I agree with everyone else in that I'm more than happy to play people who want to make speculative calls for their stacks as I know in the long run it's gonna benefit me a lot more than them.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: My Early Views on playing at Sky - Bad beats or just bad Play!!:
    In Response to My Early Views on playing at Sky - Bad beats or just bad Play!! : That is the key sentence here. It's a bounty hunter tourney & a lot (not all) of people will make speculative calls for that reason. However, I agree with everyone else in that I'm more than happy to play people who want to make speculative calls for their stacks as I know in the long run it's gonna benefit me a lot more than them.
    Posted by silentbob
    +1

Bounty Hunter strategies must be applied.
  • edited September 2010
    Its just online poker!

Even the cream of live poker players, who are sponsered by companies act like donks at times! I remember 1 player, top 20 player, shoving $100:000 in under the gun with 8-3 os blokes on the table were all folding with really good cards!

Thats a bluff, but if someone had had the bottle to call, and beat the 8-3 then it would have been a laugh! However, if the boot was on the other foot the top player would have gone nuts at a caller with 8-3!

How many times do i here top players saying they hate playing on-line poker, unless there byin is paid for them, and some folk have such a healthy bankroll, they just dont care and 5 quid to them is like 50p to me!
  • edited September 2010
    top players who hate online poker arent top players fwiw.

but +1 to why are you complaining about terrible players
  • edited September 2010
    Well i played 2 b/h's yesyerday a 51 runner and a 79 runner and got h/u in both and lost both and YES there was a load of the so called 'nutters' with their K 5'S AND K Q'S and yes SOMETIMES they do hit but MOSTLY they do not so this is why i find it very profitable to play in these tournies as i find it remarkably easy to cash in them.So if i were you i wouldnt complain AND just look forward to the weekends,dav