You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's imaginatively titled Primo show thread!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Table froze when i clicked all in after rivering nut flush... so mad right now, it was all going so well until...
  • edited September 2010
    hand id - 287468512

i would like to know if i played this ok or if it was badly played in trevor's eyes? thanks guys
  • edited September 2010
    HAND REQUEST

Hand 287472464 i fold nut flush on the river in a big pot.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Trev. You said the guy calling with third pair to a big bet on the end was "good instinct". Their are quite a few people that are just stubben and if you can spot them you can easly milk them!
  • edited September 2010
    heres a good one...

Hand History #287480797
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah trev your right if my opponent had been betting into me i would of slowed down but as it was he was check calling which just made him look weak so i decided to make the move
  • edited September 2010
    I WAS DISCONNECTED!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Trev and LM, read up the thread, Mr Bell's table froze on the river.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Trevor,

In response to my pocket 10's hand I raise 3 times the big blind to 60 in the first level which was my standard raise and got two callers the board came down Queen hi 2 diamounds I then lead out to just over 50% of the pot I was then re-raised which also got called by the third person in the pot so at this point I can't believe I'm ahead and think I am only drawing to two cards which is why I fold. Although this does drop I believe making the call would be negitive EV in the long run espically as I don't have the 10 of diamonds in my hand as if this does fall it could get me in a world of pain if I do hit my two outter that I believe I'm drawing to.

These were my thoughts as requested.

Regards

Dan (Wardy84)
  • edited September 2010
    whose the guy talking during this advert?
  • edited September 2010
    "It was all going SO well until....."

I realisied im also only 20

:D
  • edited September 2010
    Trev

On the 77 v KK hand from Offshoot, playing devils advocate when Offshoot shoves there is it easy to surmise he is not doing that with an overpair and the big diamond together, but rather it's an overpair scared of the flush draw or the bare ace of diamonds shoving on the semi bluff.  Therefore the 77's might be able to think they either need to fade the diamond draw or make the flush, and with the money in the middle, they have the odds for both situations?

I'm not saying I'd make that call, just throwing that out there.
  • edited September 2010
    i was more bemused by him calling off 1200 with 77 preflop. I doubt hes winning many 4bet pots with 77
  • edited September 2010
    --It was all gaiong so well---
    I just finished reading a new book entitled--
    YOU CAN BE THE MAN OF YOUR HOUSE.

so up i got and stormed into the kitchen and announced to the girlfriend--
    from now on I am the man of this house and my word is law--

you will prepare me a gourmet meal tonight- and when I'm finished eating my meal--
    you will serve me a delicate dessert--
    after dinner - you will go upstairs with me and we will have the kind of rumpy pumpy that I want--

afterwards, you are going to run me a bath so I can relax--
    you will wash my back and towel me dry and bring me my cloak--
    then, you will massage my feet and hands--

then tomorrow --------'guess'- whos going to dress me and do my hair ??

without even looking up from her morning paper she replied--

the funeral director would be a good 'guess'- batman !!!!!! --
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    This hand is quite funny:

• edited September 2010
    a question 4 trevor if orfords your son does that make tikay your dad ?
  • edited September 2010

Good Luck to TommyD and theswiss had great fun on the starting table with them

Tommy got my chips, at least they went to a good place i fully expect him to go deep

Sorry i couldnt chat guys, tommy can you send me a PM, and ill reply to you, i cant seem to send you one!

• edited September 2010

Evening LML and the other one!

Hand id 287482713 from a while ago.
    Trevor critised one of my last hand requests so I was reluctant to post this but it goes back to a previous point of mine which is that the 1st hour of any MTT is a gamblers paradise. Trev just said I was prob a poor player and it was sour grape post...mmmmm. I did finish 2nd last week!

Alan
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's imaginatively titled Primo show thread!:
    Good Luck to TommyD and theswiss had great fun on the starting table with them Tommy got my chips.... Sorry i couldnt chat guys, tommy can you send me a PM, and ill reply to you, i cant seem to send you one!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Done Sir
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Alan,

Unlikely to see this today, fancy offering it up to the Poker Clinic next Sunday? We could even do a phone call so that you can get your point across thoroughly. Let me know your thoughts.

Ax
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's imaginatively titled Primo show thread! : Done Sir
    Posted by TommyD
    thanks Tommy i have replied
  • edited September 2010
    Hand History #287510277 
    Can you please show this hand if possible
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Alan, Unlikely to see this today, fancy offering it up to the Poker Clinic next Sunday? We could even do a phone call so that you can get your point across thoroughly. Let me know your thoughts. Ax
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Thanks for the offer but I will decline in posting it in the clinic as, like the last one which Trev dismissed, it is just a hand where my opponent hits runner runner FTW.So it will be just classed as a 'bad beat' post. I understand that it is just 'poker' but I was just trying to reiterate my point being that the 1st hour of any MTT is so different than subsequent hours.

I do find it strange that a hand request can not be shown when requested @ 9.45pm into a advertised 4 hour show though.

Regards,

Alan
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's imaginatively titled Primo show thread! : Thanks for the offer but I will decline in posting it in the clinic as, like the last one which Trev dismissed, it is just a hand where my opponent hits runner runner FTW.So it will be just classed as a 'bad beat' post. I understand that it is just 'poker' but I was just trying to reiterate my point being that the 1st hour of any MTT is so different than subsequent hours. I do find it strange that a hand request can not be shown when requested @ 9.45pm into a advertised 4 hour show though. Regards, Alan
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

RE your question: We like to try and keep the hand request relevant to the live action. Hence future hand requests posted may be used.

Thanks for responding.

Regards
    A
  • edited September 2010
    Trevor thanks for adivce. I lost my money over cash and Sit and Goes, i tilted badly after a bad beat.
  • edited September 2010
    erm that was stressfull!!

god i hate my voice i was sooooo nervous.

lisa i only said speedboat! at the end blame dohhhhhhhh!
  • edited September 2010

A quick shout out for BLIZZARD. He won last week and got an 18th place tonight. Well done.
  • edited September 2010
    A quick shout out for BLIZZARD. He won last week and got an 18th place tonight. Well done.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Alan xx
  • edited September 2010

Hi all, just a question regarding table balancing, havent played tonight but in another tournament i was due the blind in the next hand but got moved to another table and was sat in behind the dealer button therefore missing the blinds for another 5 hands, this happened 3 times, were i escaped playing the blinds because of this. isn't this an advantage over other players who dont get re-sitted onto another tables?

Thanks
    chris

• edited September 2010
    Hi all, just a question regarding table balancing, havent played tonight but in another tournament i was due the blind in the next hand but got moved to another table and was sat in behind the dealer button therefore missing the blinds for another 5 hands, this happened 3 times, were i escaped playing the blinds because of this. isn't this an advantage over other players who dont get re-sitted onto another tables? Thanks chris
    Posted by cawuk
    lucky you everytime i get moved i`m hit with big blind after i`v just had biig blind on previous table