You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

difference in levels.

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys & gals,

I have been digilently sticking to my bank roll rules, (minimum of 10x buy in), and after 6 months of painful trial, error and learning I hope I am about to have enough to move up levels from 2p/4p to the dizzy hieghts of 4p/8p. LOL

My question is what are the main difference I can expect from players by moving up to 4p/8p and indeed beyond? This level is pretty straight forward in that play your decent hole cards, raise pre, and bet the flop hard if you hit well. not much more to it than that. 

When do you need to stop playing like that and play what I would call real poker - ie, pay alot more attention to how others are playing, mix up your game etc etc?

Any answers from players that have started at the very bottom would be cool as penguin pee.

Cheers

Tapeworm

Comments

• edited September 2010
    not alot of difference really mate until you get to 10p/20p(20NL) in my experiance

well done stick to good bankroll and just keep it simple down there, dont be afraid to drop down aswell

good luck keep it up mate, hopefully only 3 months or so to beat 4/8 although not long for 5/10....
  • edited September 2010
    There no difference at the bottom end until you get to the higher stakes (10p/20p) and then even higher stakes its harder (£1/£2 +). If its easy to call a big raise when its £1.23 but not  easy if it was £12.30 then your definatly above your bankroll. The main difference you will find at the higher tables is a lot less limping, position becomes more important and continuation bets are more frequent, rarely do you see the river in the high stake games, rarely do you not see the river in the low stakes game.
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    Your welcome mate, good luck to you in moving up the levels hope its not too much of a grind
  • edited September 2010
    I recently had to take a large chunk of my bankroll out and had to work up from 2p 4p back to 25p 50p and i agree with what young said, i'd say you can make a tidy profit playing ABC all the way up till 20p 40p though. I still think that ABC can be a winning strategy at this level but the players just pay a lot more attention to betting patterns and such.

Good luck leveling up.
  • edited September 2010

I'm in a similar situation to tapeworm, but trying to grind my way up through stt's at the moment whilst managing bankroll.

Where do the levels begin to kick on in these???