You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharkscope for Cash?

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Does anyone know of any website that i can check my ROI for cash tables, i can only check my S&G;s and Mtts on sharkscope.

cheers

Comments

• edited September 2010
    no you cant (unless you play on websites that are tracked by some of the major data mining sites, sky not being one of them).
  • edited September 2010
    aww dammit. Would sky be able to provide me with this information ?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash?:
    aww dammit. Would sky be able to provide me with this information ?
    Posted by The_Don90

you can view your account history/and individual hand histories through the my hh feature but there is no way to have any of your info collated for you or presented in a way in which it would be helpful.

so long answer no
  • edited September 2010
    Doubt it Don,

You could go to account history, search for the dates needed and copy into a spreadsheet, use a filter to just select the cash table info, then with a bit of a formula I'm sure you could get profit/loss for each session then do an accumlative column, then create a graph.

Longwinded but i'm sure it can be done.
  • edited September 2010
    Patching the problem is i want a all time record, going back furher than i can remember. I lost alot ages ago on cash and want to know if my ROI is in profit now ive adapted my game properly rather than what it was once upon a time
  • edited September 2010
    only the big sites like FT, stars etc get tracked - then you could use a tracking site like pokertableratings.com which gives one hellova breakdown on your game.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : . you can view your account history/and individual hand histories through the my hh feature but there is no way to have any of your info collated for you or presented in a way in which it would be helpful. so long answer no
    Posted by beaneh

They said on tv ages ago that gerard9 had played close to 1 million hands.  If they have this information, surely they could have more?
  • edited September 2010
    Patching the problem is i want a all time record, going back furher than i can remember. I lost alot ages ago on cash and want to know if my ROI is in profit now ive adapted my game properly rather than what it was once upon a time
    Posted by The_Don90
    Don, have you even tried the advanced history search, it says it goes back to 1998!!!!  I have only been playing less than a year and it has all mine.  Give it a go mate..
  • edited September 2010
    you normally measure cash game winrates on the number of big blinds you win per 100 hand ( bb/100) rather than ROI. beaneh pretty much covered everything else
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : Don, have you even tried the advanced history search, it says it goes back to 1998!!!!  I have only been playing less than a year and it has all mine.  Give it a go mate..
    Posted by Patching99
    yea i tried it too many hands would take me a week to do half of it, before i do the maths.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah not suprised...  like lol says you not really getting the measure you want in anycase.  I'm sure sky could put a few extra columns in the account history for us to get at.
  • edited September 2010
    Doubt it Don, You could go to account history, search for the dates needed and copy into a spreadsheet, use a filter to just select the cash table info, then with a bit of a formula I'm sure you could get profit/loss for each session then do an accumlative column, then create a graph. Longwinded but i'm sure it can be done.
    Posted by Patching99

This wouldn't be too hard to do, but would be very hard to do within any realistic time frame manually, it would be possible to get a script to take all the session information and put that into a text spreadsheet for it to then auto calculate totals.

In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash?:
    Posted by The_Don90

Don you're roi will be changing both with the nature of the games you are playing in and your own skill level. If these last few months you've got better your win rate will be much higher than it was before so your figures will be weird if you look over a long time scale.

In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : Don, have you even tried the advanced history search, it says it goes back to 1998!!!!  I have only been playing less than a year and it has all mine.  Give it a go mate..
    Posted by Patching99

I've been playing a good while on sky and been testing stuff recently, you are able to go back through a 4month rolling window in the My HH section. However if you go through your account history you can search for 'sessions' from as far back as you want. You can then look into that session and see all the hh's numbers, copy pasting into the hh search area one of those numbers from a time period outside of the 4 month rolling window brings up the hh information.

Tbh though these hand histories aren't much use really, because they are inconsistent and have some stack and other info missing on a regular basis. Similarly the format that you would get the sky hh's in is of absolutely no value to collate and or to use to create a database of information. I'm close but no cigar to being able to remove the hh no information and to then open each hh, save the hh, then read it and put it into a more usual hand history format that other softwares are already programmed to deal with.

In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : They said on tv ages ago that gerard9 had played close to 1 million hands.  If they have this information, surely they could have more?
    Posted by OMahonyO

That figure sounds alot like one that was just pulled out of the air tbh. Though I totally agree there should be some way for them to be able provide us with information on your own play.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : This wouldn't be too hard to do, but would be very hard to do within any realistic time frame manually, it would be possible to get a script to take all the session information and put that into a text spreadsheet for it to then auto calculate totals. In Response to  Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : Don you're roi will be changing both with the nature of the games you are playing in and your own skill level. If these last few months you've got better your win rate will be much higher than it was before so your figures will be weird if you look over a long time scale. In Response to  Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : I've been playing a good while on sky and been testing stuff recently, you are able to go back through a 4month rolling window in the My HH section. However if you go through your account history you can search for 'sessions' from as far back as you want. You can then look into that session and see all the hh's numbers, copy pasting into the hh search area one of those numbers from a time period outside of the 4 month rolling window brings up the hh information. Tbh though these hand histories aren't much use really, because they are inconsistent and have some stack and other info missing on a regular basis. Similarly the format that you would get the sky hh's in is of absolutely no value to collate and or to use to create a database of information. I'm close but no cigar to being able to remove the hh no information and to then open each hh, save the hh, then read it and put it into a more usual hand history format that other softwares are already programmed to deal with. In Response to  Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : That figure sounds alot like one that was just pulled out of the air tbh. Though I totally agree there should be some way for them to be able provide us with information on your own play.
    Posted by beaneh
    Yea i agree mate, but this is the exact reason why i want to check back. Partly i want to know, have i covered all the losses i once made, secondly so i can say to myself, yeah i trully did improve
  • edited September 2010
    Beaneh/Don,

Not sure if I got my point across clearly but if you want to know your total profit/loss for a given period then you can search for these dates on the account history, copy and paste direct into a spreadsheet then create a formula that works out the rest.  This should be quite an easy quick process but won't give you BB/100 just profit/loss.

I didn't mean at any point to copy in the HH, I can understand why trying to transfer into a useful format would be a right pig.

• edited September 2010
    Beaneh/Don, Not sure if I got my point across clearly but if you want to know your total profit/loss for a given period then you can search for these dates on the account history, copy and paste direct into a spreadsheet then create a formula that works out the rest.  This should be quite an easy quick process but won't give you BB/100 just profit/loss. I didn't mean at any point to copy in the HH, I can understand why trying to transfer into a useful format would be a right pig.
    Posted by Patching99

I understand what you mean, though it's quite hard to even get the stuff to into a workable format in excel or whatever that quickly. 

I have the ability to chance a sky hh into a eg pokerstars hh which can then be put through a hand history converter or into a db, though that wasn't easy and it wasn't me who managed it!!!

Getting those into a db I haven't even tried to do yet as it will require alot of work!
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    I actually asked some guy in customer care earlier today about getting access to this sort of info (like number of hands played / vpip % / bbs won per 100 hands etc) and he told me that I could tell them the exact information I wanted then they would request if from a 'different department' for a fee.
  • edited September 2010
    I actually asked some guy in customer care earlier today about getting access to this sort of info (like number of hands played / vpip % / bbs won per 100 hands etc) and he told me that I could tell them the exact information I wanted then they would request if from a 'different department' for a fee.
    Posted by yb

for a fee?

suck my ball sack and call me donald
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : for a fee? suck my ball sack and call me donald
    Posted by beaneh
    lol I said something along similar lines (but a bit politer)
  • edited September 2010
    lol i may give them a phone and find out about this "fee" if it a decent amount i may agree to this fee.
  • edited September 2010
    lol at for a fee
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : I understand what you mean, though it's quite hard to even get the stuff to into a workable format in excel or whatever that quickly.  I have the ability to chance a sky hh into a eg pokerstars hh which can then be put through a hand history converter or into a db, though that wasn't easy and it wasn't me who managed it!!! Getting those into a db I haven't even tried to do yet as it will require alot of work!
    Posted by beaneh
    Just had a go and you can do it easily.

I went to advanced history search in the my account page, searched for poker, dates of 1st August-31st August and selected cash games, copied the info and pasted directly into spreadsheet as HTML format.  One column is money out and one is money in, total these two up and bingo I lost £30 at NL4 in August!!!  The only thing I have proved though is I suck at poker!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : Just had a go and you can do it easily. I went to advanced history search in the my account page, searched for poker, dates of 1st August-31st August and selected cash games, copied the info and pasted directly into spreadsheet as HTML format.  One column is money out and one is money in, total these two up and bingo I lost £30 at NL4 in August!!!  The only thing I have proved though is I suck at poker!!
    Posted by Patching99
    yeah I realise what you're saying but that isn't detailed enough. 
  • edited September 2010

Don could do that though to see if he is back in profit yet.

• edited September 2010
    Don if you want to see if your in profit click withdraw, this will show your net deposits if it is a + then that shows how much you have put on. if it is a - then your in profit.
    How much was this fee to get all the stats?
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Don if you want to see if your in profit click withdraw, this will show your net deposits if it is a + then that shows how much you have put on. if it is a - then your in profit. How much was this fee to get all the stats?
    Posted by freechips1
    He was saying something about it depends on which stats you request. But tbh after he said I had to pay I got annoyed and switched off.
  • edited September 2010

freechips i know of that the problem is i want to know exactly only what ive earnt on cash, i know im in profit with my withdrawls and waht i have in my account is all 100% profit. I actually think im running cash at a loss still, thats going on withdrawls, account value, tournament and S*G profit from sharkscope.

• edited September 2010
    freechips i know of that the problem is i want to know exactly only what ive earnt on cash, i know im in profit with my withdrawls and waht i have in my account is all 100% profit. I actually think im running cash at a loss still, thats going on withdrawls, account value, tournament and S*G profit from sharkscope.
    Posted by The_Don90

Go to 'My Account' click Advanced Account History Search.  

Select 'Poker' then the date range you want to look for @step 2.

Then select 'cash' from the drop down menu @step 3.

This gives a possibly long list of cash game session information.

Click and drag to highlight from the top left of date to the bottom right of the information, copy and paste this information into a spreadsheet and it should auto enter it within proper columns. 

Go to the bottom of the pasted information in the spreadsheet and see what line number it goes down to, the number will be on the left of the excel screen [we'll call this number 'x']

Click inside a cell below the pasted information, you want to enter 

=(sum(F2:Fx))-(sum(G2:Gx))

That adds up the amount taken to the table, and subtracts the amounts taken from the table and gives you your +/- figure.

This is all obviously assuming you have a spreadsheet application ofc.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope for Cash? : Go to 'My Account' click Advanced Account History Search.   Select 'Poker' then the date range you want to look for @step 2. Then select 'cash' from the drop down menu @step 3. This gives a possibly long list of cash game session information. Click and drag to highlight from the top left of date to the bottom right of the information, copy and paste this information into a spreadsheet and it should auto enter it within proper columns.  Go to the bottom of the pasted information in the spreadsheet and see what line number it goes down to, the number will be on the left of the excel screen [we'll call this number 'x'] Click inside a cell below the pasted information, you want to enter  =(sum(F2:Fx))-(sum(G2:Gx)) That adds up the amount taken to the table, and subtracts the amounts taken from the table and gives you your +/- figure. This is all obviously assuming you have a spreadsheet application ofc.
    Posted by beaneh
    DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i dont, i managed to work out with what i had in the account, my withdrawls - profits of MTT and S&G and them remembered id played ojn Vegas and i do my bets through skybet(none of which i won lol)
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    If you dont have excel just do what beaneh said then add up both sets of figures using a calculator, then take the expenditure away from the income to get your total winnings/losses on cash.

I did this recently for the last year because I was too thick to think of using excel lol, it takes ages!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    If you dont have excel just do what beaneh said then add up both sets of figures using a calculator, then take the expenditure away from the income to get your total winnings/losses on cash. I did this recently for the last year because I was too thick to think of using excel lol, it takes ages!!!!
    Posted by yb

It takes less than 30 seconds no matter how many sessions you have played, excel is your friend :-)