You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Primo prizepool

ybyb
edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Can someone explain why the primo is only guaranteed at £10k, even though it always gets over 400 runners without fail. So the actual prizepool is consistently well in excess of £12k. Surely if Sky were to increase the guarantee that would attract even more players AND would help generate more money for Sky as well. Its a win-win situation no?

Skybernie/Skyrich, any reason why sky shouldn't be doing as much to promote the flagship weekly tournament as possible?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I remember when it used to be a 15K guarantee (As seen on tv)
  • edited September 2010

Whilst they have gone back up since the record low whilst the world cup was on they are still not back to the levels before the world cup.

I don't see why they don't put them up, if they have a few with overlay then just put them back down.. There won't be any overlay anyway, don't remember the last time a tourney on here had any

• edited September 2010

Im sure they do care Doh but something needs to be done. I love playing tournaments but I have to play them on another site mostly, because the tournaments on here are just terrible at the moment. Things were ok when you could play the 3quid speeds, 9pm guaranteed, 10pm velocity. Yes the guarantees were lower but at least there were a decent number of good tournaments. Now I look at the lobby and see maybe 2 or 3 tournaments I would play a week!

It's so poor and really something should be done. Get rid of all the meaningless 5 quid tourneys that get 20 runners, get rid of some of those stupid rebuys and get some MTTs in there that people want to play and will play.

• edited September 2010
    Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding. Here's a message directly from the team who manage the tournament schedules.

The tournament schedule is constantly reviewed and tournaments which consistently perform well will have their guarantees reviewed and increased where deemed appropriate.

I am fully aware that the primo has performed well in recent weeks and it is most definitely a tournament whose guarantee will be increased in the near future. As has been mentioned many times before, online poker is very seasonal, traffic levels peak in the winter (January - Feb) and dip in Summer (July - August) – tournament guarantees will also reflect this seasonality.

Having only just entered September, our traffic levels have already begun to pick up (well ahead of last year), so you can assure the customer that guarantees will also start to move north…..as I am personally reviewing the tournament schedule as we speak.

Thanks guys.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo prizepool:
    Hi Guys, Apologies for the delay in responding. Here's a message directly from the team who manage the tournament schedules. The tournament schedule is constantly reviewed and tournaments which consistently perform well will have their guarantees reviewed and increased where deemed appropriate.   I am fully aware that the primo has performed well in recent weeks and it is most definitely a tournament whose guarantee will be increased in the near future. As has been mentioned many times before, online poker is very seasonal, traffic levels peak in the winter (January - Feb) and dip in Summer (July - August) – tournament guarantees will also reflect this seasonality.   Having only just entered September, our traffic levels have already begun to pick up (well ahead of last year), so you can assure the customer that guarantees will also start to move north…..as I am personally reviewing the tournament schedule as we speak. Thanks guys.
    Posted by Sky_Rich

That seems to make sense to me.  But then I am incredibly easy to please ;o)

Oh and Sod the extra guarantee money. Let's get onto really important issues.  Smillies in Posts.....  Mmmmm.... Bet you thought I'd forgotten about that one Rich.

WE WANT SMILLIES 

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo prizepool : That seems to make sense to me.  But then I am incredibly easy to please ;o) Oh and Sod the extra guarantee money. Let's get onto really important issues.  Smillies in Posts.....  Mmmmm.... Bet you thought I'd forgotten about that one Rich. WE WANT SMILLIES 
    Posted by JockBMW

haha! there in a new release that got put back slightly. some other important projects have taken priority so it might not be for a couple of months or even longer. i'm still pushing though Jock so don't worry.
  • edited September 2010
    I remember when it used to be a 15K guarantee (As seen on tv)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    i remember it at 25k (i came 2nd)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo prizepool : i remember it at 25k (i came 2nd)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

Wow,  you probably got more for coming second than someone today would get for winning it 
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo prizepool : i remember it at 25k (i came 2nd)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Yeah I remember that too, was £55 buy in though and just once a month I think? Think I might
    have came 102nd once :-)
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Guys, Apologies for the delay in responding. Here's a message directly from the team who manage the tournament schedules. The tournament schedule is constantly reviewed and tournaments which consistently perform well will have their guarantees reviewed and increased where deemed appropriate.   I am fully aware that the primo has performed well in recent weeks and it is most definitely a tournament whose guarantee will be increased in the near future. As has been mentioned many times before, online poker is very seasonal, traffic levels peak in the winter (January - Feb) and dip in Summer (July - August) – tournament guarantees will also reflect this seasonality.   Having only just entered September, our traffic levels have already begun to pick up (well ahead of last year), so you can assure the customer that guarantees will also start to move north…..as I am personally reviewing the tournament schedule as we speak. Thanks guys.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks for the info Rich, nice to knwo the guarantees are being looked at
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo prizepool : That seems to make sense to me.  But then I am incredibly easy to please ;o) Oh and Sod the extra guarantee money. Let's get onto really important issues.  Smillies in Posts.....  Mmmmm.... Bet you thought I'd forgotten about that one Rich. WE WANT SMILLIES 
    Posted by JockBMW

listen to this man I love smileys!!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo prizepool : Yeah I remember that too, was £55 buy in though and just once a month I think? Think I might have came 102nd once :-)
    Posted by cookie83
    haha, How many people used to buy in to it?
  • edited September 2010
    more importantly, scrapping most rebuys??? or just stagger a bit more as opposed to more then normal tournaments
  • edited September 2010
    Wasn't it £30k gtd back in 2008?