You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FREEROLL REBUYS (CAN YOU ANSWER THIS PLEASE SKY)

the guarranteed prize is put up by skypoker, so if it is in lobby as £50 g'teed that is the amount skypoker is donating to prize pool.
any rebuys or add on fees are then added to prize, so just say for example there were no rebuys or add ons the prize is  still £50.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    ok,  i dont mean to sound rude, i love skypoker. however the new 'freerolls'   have garenteed pots, this means that we are paying for the pot with our rebuys, sky is not paying anything towards the tournies. arnt our poker points supposed to be rewards for playing here to get some money back for the rake and fees? pls leave your thoughts.
    ps i know there has just been a freeroll festival.
  • edited September 2010

no quiet man, your wrong. money is only added to the pot after the garenteed amount has been paid for in rebuys, hense why i posted this. check it out, tell me if im wrong sky.

• edited September 2010

hadnt noticed that but that does sound a bit naughty if you are correct (and im sure you are) as you say it would be nice to hear a suits veiw on this

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: FREEROLL REBUYS (pease read):
    no quiet man, your wrong. money is only added to the pot after the garenteed amount has been paid for in rebuys, hense why i posted this. check it out, tell me if im wrong sky.
    Posted by nirvana29
    you are absolutly right in what you have said. i have been playing these freerolls and i do not rebuy at all simple becuase 1 its a freeroll and 2 the £50 that sky put in has to be paid for before any money is added on which meens it is not a freeroll.
    but there you go :(
  • edited September 2010
    the freerolls are just stupid imo, plus they're not technically freerolls with the addons, why dont sky introduce some decent freerolls. 

once a week....freezeouts!

£500 freeroll 1000 point buyin

or 

£1000 - 2000 point buyin

mayb 2-3 times a week....

£100 freeroll 300 point buyin

you wouldnt get 100000 runners each time, thus leaving a decent prizepool and also sky and we are getting value for our poker points

• edited September 2010

yep these freerolls very deceptive, i never rebuy if i play

i definitely think the freeroll setup needs to be reviewed,, when i first started playing on here 5 months ago or so they were MUCH better,, where are the ones where you could win seats to larger events. there  used to be a couple a week at one stage. 

• edited September 2010
    Hey guys,

I'm really sorry not everyone is happy with our freeroll offerings right now...

We are always reviewing our promotions, freerolls and other customer benefits and we do like to get your feedback.

the freeroll structures are often tweaked so keep an eye out for future announcements.

On another freeroll note - have you seen our current Poker premiership?

All the details are here -

in summary... you can play for FREE and win prizes.

enjoy!
  • edited September 2010
    agree with you nirvana i do not like the rebuy freeroll, but as rich says have a look at the team poker event coming up  - the premiership.. if its half as much fun as the TKO then its a freeroll well worth playing
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: FREEROLL REBUYS (CAN YOU ANSWER THIS PLEASE SKY):
    Hey guys, I'm really sorry not everyone is happy with our freeroll offerings right now... We are always reviewing our promotions, freerolls and other customer benefits and we do like to get your feedback. the freeroll structures are often tweaked so keep an eye out for future announcements. On another freeroll note - have you seen our current Poker premiership? All the details are here - in summary... you can play for FREE and win prizes. enjoy!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Cool.
  • edited September 2010
    The freerolls are a joke, I don't see how they can call them freerolls. I'm not sure money is even added to the pot pot once the guaranteed amount has been met
  • edited September 2010
    its your choice you dont have to re buy
  • edited October 2010
    The other sites I have played on do add any rebuys/add ons to the guarantee, whether the guarantee has been reached or not. Was lucky enough to win 2 of them in August and 3/4 cashes, I think, since. The 1st prize on one them was over the one published in the tourny lobby, so it does appear that for a £100 f/roll if they collect £110 it is distributed. That said Sky promotes itself as the friendly site yet by not doing this it seems to have rattled a few cages! The Premiership is good, but cmon Sky make freerolls completely free, just points to rebuy add on if we have to this option in them.